Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Forsaken Saintess and her Foodie Roadtrip in Another World, Chapter 108

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Chapter One Hundred and Eight: Let’s Venture into the Unknown World!

After that incident, I was thoroughly questioned and lectured on the importance of "staying alert when going outside" and "properly reporting anything that happens.”

I’m sorry for letting my guard down…

Well, the consensus was "it’s good that nothing serious happened," so I guess it turned out alright in the end.

"Still, who would’ve thought mad otters were edible monsters…”

"Yeah, they do have such a gross-looking face, those mad otters.”

"In the Elven village, they were considered a kind of tonic, but they were eaten. I remember them being quite fatty…”

As we sipped our after-meal barley tea and Mr. Ville and Mr. Ed talked to each other, Mr. Xenon chimed in, sharing mad otter facts from his homeland.

Hmm… A tonic… I wonder if it is like how eel or yam is used to boost your strength. Sounds like the perfect food for adventurers!

But fatty, huh… That’s probably why they boil or stew it to reduce the greasiness.

"Well, since we’ve got it, I’m thinking of making a mad otter stew for dinner tonight!”

"I’m so excited!”

Me too! I want to eat too!’

"I’ll put my heart into it! I’ll give you some too, Gomamiso, so stop scratching my thigh!”

Ms. Aria and Gomamiso were particularly enthusiastic, having seen the real thing. I could see it in their eyes… I gave a thumbs up to Ms. Aria, who was looking at me with sparkling eyes, while lifting Gomamiso, who was scratching my thigh with its front paws.

The catI mean, Gomamiso may think it is not using its claws, but it still hurt a bit from the sheer force. It’s fine since it stops when I tell it to, but it’d be tough if we couldn’t understand each other…!

“At this rate, we should be able to get close to the town of Melnoa today, right?”

"Ah… if we’re that close, we could probably reach it tonight if I keep driving. The car does have lights, so I could manage…”

“There’s no need to push yourself too hard. Besides, the town gates will probably be closed at night.”

"Oh right, Ellarge had a main gate too!”

I thought about driving through the night to reach town if we were close, but I forgot about the curfew in this world… To be honest, I was a bit nervous about driving on a pitch-black road with just headlights, so I’m kind of relieved. I should get used to night driving for emergencies. Maybe I’ll give it a try when I’m more comfortable driving in this world.

"… We’re moving at quite a fast pace…”

"Of course! Pork cutlets… I mean, orc cutlets are waiting for us!”

“Orc cutlets, huh… Right, let’s use that as motivation!”

Our leader sighed with a worried look, holding a cup of barley tea. He seems to have made up his mind, but something’s still bothering him. Still, we’ve made progress since he’s not trying to delay anymore. I understand how Mr. Ville feels… Let’s do our best aiming for that post-mission celebration with orc cutlets!

…Well, I’m not sure if we can actually hunt an Orc King, but…

While internally thanking our party leader for lifting his face at the mention of orc cutlets, I poured a large amount of rice into the rice cooker’s inner pot, which had been cleaned with magic.

"For now, I’ll set the rice to cook. Cooking rice takes the most time, after all…”

"It’s a stew, right? Are you pairing it with rice?”

"Actually, the milk trout we ate earlier had eggs, which I’ve prepared. I thought it might be delicious over freshly cooked rice…”

Mr. Xenon tilted his head curiously as he watched me washing the rice.

I see… In this world, stews might usually be served with bread or something.

But today, we have milk trout eggs… milk roe! I really want everyone to try this with freshly cooked rice! Just imagine that golden milk trout roe over fluffy rice… taking a big, steaming bite!

I can’t see it not being delicious.

I set the timer on the rice cooker so it would be ready before dark, while everyone else had cleared the plates and cups.

I really appreciate that, yup.

"Well then, shall we head towards Mt. Melnoa? I don’t know the road from here on, so we might slow down a bit, but is that okay?”

"That’s fine. Take it slow and safe.”

"Understood! Alright, let’s get going!”

Now, I have no idea what the road ahead will be like… Will the grasslands continue, or will we enter a forest, or maybe even a desert…

But well, with Mr. Ville’s… our party leader’s approval, let’s proceed with caution.

Who knows what we’ll encounter… Will it be an ogre or a snake? Maybe we’ll even pick up Lady Luck along the way… Let’s go forth into this unknown world!

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment