Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Forsaken Saintess and her Foodie Roadtrip in Another World, Chapter 82

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Chapter Eighty-two: Is This Sweet Komatsuna? No, It’s Bitter Spinach

On the way to the guild, no one opened their mouth. Or perhaps it’s more accurate to say no one could open their mouth. After all, I didn’t even know what to talk about! Glancing around furtively, it seemed like everyone else felt the same way… Everyone kept starting to say something, then closing their mouths, opening them again only to stay silent…

Unable to find a way to start a conversation, an indescribably heavy atmosphere lingered, but before we knew it, we had arrived in town… In front of the large gate, Ms. Sheila waited for us with a large black shoulder bag.

“It seems like you all went through quite a lot, but welcome back!”

“Yeah, too much happened… We’re back now.”

Mr. Ville, please report the details to the Guildmaster with everyone. Ms. Rin, let’s first register you as a tamer, and your familiar.”

You’re right. Since the story involving me and this boy is toward the end, it’s better to get the registration done first so we don’t waste time!”

With a bright smile, Ms. Sheila rummaged through her black bag, taking out some documents and portable writing utensils. I guess this is where I register as a tamer and register Gomamiso. When she was searching, I caught a glimpse of thick bundles of papers stuffed inside. She must have anticipated needing to process various documents and brought them along.

Ms. Sheila is so capable! The perfect receptionist!

She likely determined that if I, an unlicensed tamer, tried to bring an unregistered monster companion into town it would run afoul of the rules and waste time.

Here, I parted ways with Mr. Ville and the rest.

They headed to the guild hall, while Ms. Sheila and I went to what seemed like a guard station by the large gate to complete the various registrations. Anyway, Gomamiso and I don’t get involved until later, so it’s not too late to finish the paperwork first. As for the writing and such, Ms. Sheila took dictation for me! Not being able to read or write is just too inconvenient!

“What a cute little cat. Okay, I’ve completed the monster companion registration! Just tie this identification ribbon somewhere visible… and then we’ll need to stamp its paw with the magic stamp!”

“Got it. Gomamiso, paw over here…”

‘No, no way! I hate injections!’

“It’s not an injection, it’ll be okay. Ms. Sheila, if you would?”

Ms. Rin, you can already understand your familiar? You may become an excellent tamer!”

“For now I’m just happy to be a porter and cook.”

As I held the struggling Gomamiso and offered its front paw to Ms. Sheila, her eyes went wide with surprise. Then, her face bloomed into a gentle smile as she pressed the mana stamp onto Gomamiso’s paw pad. The fluffy kobold lady gently took the soft kitten paw to stamp it… It was like finding paradise right there. The mana stamp, by the way, left a beautiful floral pattern that faintly glowed before fading into Gomamiso’s paw pad painlessly.

holding Gomamiso, whose eyes are fluttering, I head with Ms. Sheila to the guild where Mr. Ville and everyone are. I wonder how much of their report is done? Did they cover the dungeon monsters too? Ms. Sheila’s fluffy hand turns the doorknob, and we enter to find a rather oppressive atmosphere.

“Ah, if it isn’t the young lady herself. You’ve done something unexpected again!”

“Uh, sorry. It just kind of… happened?”

“First a mysterious monster appears, then a rogue dungeon, and now taming the dungeon boss?! I’m going to die! The paperwork is going to kill me!”

You’re not gonna die. How about taking the office work a little seriously for once? Feel bad for poor Sheila having to cover for your slack.”

The guildmaster Tori was cradling his head and groaning… while Mr. Ville laughed through his nose and shifted over on the sofa to make room for me. Ignoring the distraught Tori, Mr. Ville briefly explained what had been covered so far: dungeon layout, monster types, and numbers—mostly as expected.

What remained was the encounter with Gomamiso on the lowest floor and the events that followed.

That said, I wasn’t sure how to explain it myself

It reminded me of my family cat, so I started petting it and it got friendly. Then I ended up nicknaming it carelessly and that caused it to be named. They said I tamed it, but apparently, the cat I befriended was actually the dungeon boss guarding the core. But since it got named, it’s not the dungeon boss anymore—it destroyed the core itself and is now my familiar… Yup, it’s exactly what it sounds like.

Saying it aloud, it’s quite a crazy situation.

Anyone except the members of Gourmands who witnessed it will look completely drained. Well, only Mr. Tori is here anyway.

I sympathize with you, really. Sorry for creating such a mess!

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment