Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 70

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part Two, Section Three: “The World of Asmodeus

Chapter Seventy

‘So, I get that we can talk now, but are you okay, Sis? Weren’t you injured?’

When I explained that I could communicate with the people on the Surface through my bracelet and Lina’s necklace, Mia expressed her concern for my well-being first.

I’m fine. I apologize for causing you all to worry.”

My injury had already healed and my overall condition was good. Not just Mia, but everyone sounded worried, so I conveyed to those on the Surface that I was unharmed.

Miss Philia, I’m relieved that you’re safe. You can come back here, right? We were just about to come get you. I’m glad you contacted us, otherwise we would have ended up passing each other.’

Your Highness Oswald… about that. It seems I’m trapped here in this Interstice.”

‘Wha-, what do you mean!? But Mr. Klaus said Elsa’s devil could open a path back here!’

When I told Prince Oswald that I was unable to return, he raised his voice in surprise. It seemed he had already heard the gist of things from Klaus. While I was uneasy about the situation too, just hearing Prince Oswald’s voice gave me a sense of reassurance somehow. What was this feeling…? It was that mysterious sensation I had felt before.

“What Klaus said is true. Let me explain briefly—”

Elsa explained that the path from the Interstice to the Surface was blocked by Asmodeus’s magic power. Asmodeus, who was targeting me, was attempting to confine this space entirely to ensure I couldn’t escape.

Senior Elsa, some of Asmodeus’s low-level devil-servants are retreating. Perhaps it’s still possible to move from the Surface to the Interstice.’

“Well then, come over here. I don’t know if we can make it back alive, so you might as well write a farewell letter.”

‘Haha, come on, that’s a bit too much for a joke.’

Klaus informed us that it was possible for him to come from the Surface to our location. Come to think of it, Asmodeus was targeting women with magic power, right? Does this mean the devils left their return path open?

Miss Elsa, is there really no way for you all to return to this side?’

Lowering his tone, Prince Oswald asked if there was truly no way for us to get back to the Surface. I could think of only one method, but accomplishing it would be…

“We have to defeat Asmodeus. You probably already assumed that, right?”

Elsa’s conclusion was simple. If Asmodeus had blocked the way back, we either convince him to open the path or, if that fails, make it so that he couldn’t block it. At the same time, trying to reason with Asmodeus was out of the question; he was unlikely to accept our arguments.

‘No way, that’s impossible! No matter how amazing you are, there’s no way you can handle a monster like that, Sis!’

I agree. If something were to happen to you, Lady Philia, I—‘

Mia and Grace said that defeating Asmodeus was impossible. He possessed enough power to partially destroy the royal palace in an instant, and that power was not even his full strength. Even Elsa and Mammon, who were more experienced in battling devils than us, were easily dealt with by him. But still, I

“The odds of success are not zero. I’ll try to figure something out with Elsa and Mammon. I want to go back too, to Parnacota.”

Sis…’

I felt a sense of duty as the saint of Parnacota, but more than that, it was because there were people waiting for me, it was a place I love to call home. So no matter what it took, I want to return. Even if the task seemed impossibly difficult…

Philia, can you hear me?’

“Yes, Master. I can hear you.”

Hildegarde was my real mother. I still hadn’t fully accepted the truth about her that Asmodeus revealed. Master must have had her circumstances, including adopting Mia. But my honest feelings were…

Master, there are many questions I want to ask. But, I genuinely feel happy to know the truth.”

I see, you’ve grown strong. I believe in you. Philia, you’re the kind of girl who can overcome challenges like this and come back. After all, I’m the one who trained you.’

Your teachings are my treasure, Master. I will never let them go to waste.”

Master gave me a lot. I was only able to gain the strength to take care of myself, no matter the situation, thanks to Master’s harsh special training. To think I could now protect the people precious to me, I feel so happy.

Miss Philia!’

Your Highness Oswald…?”

Prince Oswald’s voice came through again. He sounded rather agitated…

I absolutely, definitely will go save you, Miss Philia! Remember the promise we made this morning? I absolutely want to keep that promise! So—’

Right as Prince Oswald’s voice reached that point, the light in my bracelet’s stone faded and I lost the connection. It seemed the magic power I put into Lina’s necklace had run out.

Prince Oswald said he would come to my aid, but that would be far too dangerous. Considering the possibility that even the prince might become unable to return, the potential loss for Parnacota would be incalculable.

He’s an odd one, Prince Oswald. I thought those of royalty arrogantly sit around just barking out orders while staying safe.”

His Highness is just that kind of person. He’s always so refreshing and genuine. But because of that, I can’t help but want to prevent him from getting hurt.”

Come to think of it, that time too, he carried me to Girtonia without any care for the danger. He accepted my selfish desire to save Mia wholeheartedly and charged forward without hesitation. But this time, it was exponentially more dangerous than before. After all, we’re up against an existence that nearly destroyed our world four hundred years ago.

“Don’t worry. Klaus will stop him. We, exorcists, won’t do anything foolish enough to involve ordinary people.”

Trying to reassure me, Elsa spoke those words and cautiously peered out from the shadow of the rock, checking the safety of the surroundings. It seemed that there was no one nearby.

You saw Asmodeus’ ridiculous strength. To win, we’ll have to organize a surprise attack.”

“Aiming for when Lord has his guard down and piercing his heart in one blow. If you could somehow inject your magic power into a vital spot directly, it’d be an easy win.”

I’ve already revealed my card to him twice. He’ll likely be on guard now. But I also think surprise attack is our only option.”

We agreed that the only way to defeat Asmodeus was through a surprise attack. I had proven I could temporarily deprive him of his regeneration ability and immobilize him by injecting my magic power. Moreover, even hitting non-vital areas like his arm had a decent effect. In that case, if I could somehow directly inject my magic power near his heart, for instance, our chances wouldn’t be zero.

As we discussed such things, the three of us explored the Interstice covered completely in white.

I had lived in deserts and snowy mountains during my training days before, but this place felt even lonelier than those.

Elsa and Mammon seemed to have an idea of Asmodeus’ location as they led the way without hesitation.

Then, after walking for maybe thirty minutes…

“Could that black castle-like structure on the hill up ahead be Asmodeus’ dwelling? I sense the presence of several persons with magic power, not just one or two.”

I spotted a large castle-like building atop the hill up ahead. The entire structure was colored jet black, giving off an ominous atmosphere.

“That’s the ’Castle of Eternal Darkness’, y’see. It’s Lord Asmodeus’ citadel. He has even bigger castles in the Demon Realm. Looks like he’s got the humans he captured locked up in this castle.”

Surprisingly, those who were caught in the mysterious disappearances were also inside that castle. That was not good. We needed to rescue them quickly.

Ms. Elsa, Mr. Mammon, let’s go and rescue everyone who was captured.”

I agree, but what about our strategy? No, there’s no time for talking.”

“Yes, Lord Asmodeus might start spouting more garbage about hostages.”

The three of us headed towards the Castle of Eternal Darkness. Even within this bizarre world, it was a place that exuded an especially abnormal atmosphere.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment