Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Forsaken Saintess and her Foodie Roadtrip in Another World, Chapter 19

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Chapter Nineteen: What’s the Order?

Seating at the table with mugs of what looks like liquor and snacks are three people. The handsome redhead with a lively, cute vibe and the blond elf-eared pretty gentleman are in the seats along the wall. Next to the redhead is a stunning beauty with a voluptuous figure.

Whoaaaa! My eyes!! My eyesssss!!!

This is violence! Visual violence! I can’t stand being in a space with such hot guys and beauty when I’m so utterly plain in comparison! It makes me want to apologize for not fitting in!

And yet their curious gazes are stabbing into me… Stop…!

Please, don’t look at me! I’ll get even more nervous if you look, so don’t!

“What the hell, you’re back way earlier than planned! I was hoping to get more lovey-dovey time with Aria!”

My bad. I ended up having all sorts of unexpected adventures with a rapid river and a camping vehicle on the way.”

The one who started the conversation was the young man with sunset-colored hair. At first glance, he had a well-proportioned face, but perhaps due to his ever-changing expressions, he seemed a bit youthful. Coupled with his fiery red hair, he exuded a lively and energetic atmosphere.

While clinging onto the beauty next to him, he pouted his lips at Mr. Ville and complained.

Mr. Ville, seeming unperturbed by the somewhat childish protest of the young man, pulled a chair from a nearby table and positioned it in a place “at the head of the table”. Then, he took a seat at one of the remaining spots at the four-person table.

His eyes seemed to say "Go on, sit" so I’ll just quietly take my seat here.

Next to the pretty lady, hehehe…!

It’s awkward being surrounded by such stunners, but being able to admire the beauty of the lady being hugged by the handsome guy up close is genuinely thrilling.

Eye candy, eye candy…

“…So where’s my souvenir…?”

"Sorry, I lost it! But don’t worry, I have a replacement.”

The beautiful lady who asked that question makes no move to shake off the redhead clinging to her.

This beauty before me embodies the words "pale as snow" or "white as snow" perfectly! With her platinum blonde hair, porcelain skin, and ice-blue eyes… despite her pale coloring, her cute features give her a warmth that prevents any cold impression.

Mr. Ville briefly nodded to the lady, then handed the phantom fowl meat we had brought from Campy to a passing waiter.

Apparently, this place has a system where if you bring a certain amount of ingredients, you can get a free meal dish made with it plus either ale or fruit water as a set. Leftover ingredients are used in dishes the tavern makes.

So this is how he’ll cover my meal since I’m broke. Mr. Ville went ahead and ordered wine since he had money.

"We split the reward from quests that came in while you were away evenly. We just accepted a quest for tomorrow, will you join even though you just got back?”

"It’s perfect. Count me in.”

The last of them to speak was the elven gentleman. With his classic, finely sculpted features—slender eyes, a straight nose, and thin lips—the embodiment of traditional beauty, he seems to have stepped right out of a storybook with his long, honey-colored hair and piercing blue eyes.

Huh… Could it be that this transcendentally handsome elf is the very same elf who eats grilled meat with both hands, a wild contrast to his appearance?! Deceptive looks at its finest, huh?!

…But seriously, even if it’s not aimed at me, just imagine watching that incredibly attractive person smiling so sweetly while he talks. It’s bad for the heart!

Well, Mr. Ville seems perfectly fine receiving the elf’s smile head-on, but he’s quite the handsome guy himself, despite his tough appearance…

Hmm… I feel kinda out of place here… I mean, Mr. Ville’s tone is so casual, like he’s showing his true self… I wonder if it’s okay for me to join in… Yep.

But I’ll do my best to earn their acceptance!

So… here we are. As the initial exchange of greetings wraps up, the gazes of everyone fix on me without reservation.

“So, what kind of relationship do you have with the young lady whom you treat so generously as to lend her your equipment?”

Just when I thought the conversation had paused… the elf brother’s smile was directed towards me.

Kyaa!! What’s with this, it’s scary! Even the glancing shots, while he talked to Mr. Ville, made my heart race, but having that dazzling smile directed right at me was even more alarming! Too beautiful, it’s alarming!

…Um, to escape reality a bit, I’ll just admit it, I’m still borrowing Mr. Ville’s cloak. He said my outfit would "stand out" so…

…But does it really stand out?

It’s a typical outdoor attire with a roll-up long-sleeve shirt and thick shorts. Plus, long-sleeved innerwear and leggings made from cooling fabric, it’s pretty standard outdoor gear.

Let’s overlook the subtle khaki and black color scheme. Since fishing is my main focus and camping is just a side activity, I avoid flashy colors. Besides, since I’m solo, there’s no one to impress…

…But looking around, most women seem to be wearing ankle-length dress-like things as the norm here, so I guess my outfit does look oddly conspicuous… But thanks to the borrowed long cloak, my clothes are completely hidden, aside from my high-cut sneakers.

As my thoughts begin to wander, Mr. Ville, who has quickly downed his wine, looks at the three of them.

She’s a porter who can cook you all were wanting.”

In a flash, everyone except me and Mr. Ville jumped up from their seats.

"…R-Really, Ville…?”

I actually tasted it, and it was delicious. That’s why I desperately recruited and brought her here.”

“Someone really come…”

The redhead stammered, peering at me from his seat.

Hearing Mr. Ville’s reply, the elf let out a muffled groan.

Suddenly feeling my hands go cold, I realized the bombshell beauty had turned to fully face me at some point and was tightly gripping my hands.

Gyahhh!!! Her hands are so soft! But so cold!

Could she be sensitive to the cold…?

"Can you… cook…?”

“Uh, yeah, well, to some extent…”

“Can you grill meat? How about fish?”

I’m good with both. And I can cook them in ways other than grilling.”

The voice of the beautiful woman, who is tilting her head slightly, is as refreshing and sweet as shaking a bell. With her luxurious lashes framing eyes that seemed to sparkle as she blinked at me, I couldn’t help but feel bashful even before a fellow woman… There’s something earnest and melancholic in the way she looks at me; it’s not just my imagination, right…?

Rin can even make sweets.”

As Mr. Ville adds those words and asks for a refill of wine from the waiter, the beautiful woman immediately pulls me into a tight embrace.

“…I like you…”

Oh… Oh my goodness…! Those… those brea… breasts!! They’re pressing against me in an extremely inappropriate manner! They smell so nice and they’re so… so soft…… III can’t take it any longer!!

I’m… looking forward… to it… tomorrow…!”

“O-Okay… I’ll do my best…”

What reply could I give besides nodding to the radiant smile directed my way? None, that’s what.

Seemingly overcome with emotion, the beauty nuzzled against my shoulder, letting out pleased sniffles. As the redhead gently drew her into the crook of his shoulder, she buried her face against him. And the redhead tenderly stroking her head…

…A visual feast of male and female beauty! I can’t take it!

“Oh right, I haven’t introduced you yet. The two hugging over there are Aria and Ed, and the one casually sipping ale is Xenon.”

“Ah, I’ve heard about you all from Mr. VilleI’m Rin, recruited as the cook. I’ll do my best, so please take care of me!”

I look forward to working with you too, Rin. It’s sudden, but I prefer meats roasted rather than grilled…”

“…It’s AriaI like my meat rare… and I also love sweets…”

“Nice to meet ya, Rin! I’m fine with anything, be it meat, fish, or veggies!”

With wine in hand, Mr. Ville made straightforward introductions. Seeing that nobody seemed offended by his blunt remarks, it seemed like this kind of exchange was just part of their daily routine.

They say ‘a self-introduction is the foundation of relationships!’ So, while I attempted greetings based on that, receiving responses about food preferences is also quite intriguing and shows how much they’re looking forward to my cooking…

Mr. Xenon, whose smile never ceases… but whose blue eyes have an unusual power; Ms. Aria, who is beaming with a faint blush dusting her cheeks; and Mr. Ed, who gives a thumbs-up with a wink that almost sounds like a drumbeat…

I can’t let down their expectations, nor smear Mr. Ville’s face after he scouted me

I’ll have to do my best when I join them on the quest tomorrow…

Thinking about nothing else, I let the hazy feeling take over as Ms. Aria hugged me again…

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

1 comment: