Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 78

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part Two, Section Four: “A Chain of Bonds Weaves Love”

Chapter Seventy-eight

Asmodeus’ magic power had vanished.

It seemed that when Fiana used this spell four hundred years ago, his original body interfered, preventing the complete sealing of the soul. However, this time, as he was merely borrowing a human body, I could directly pierce the soul with the sword of light, completely sealing his magic power.

Lying before me was Julius who regained his human form…

"I thought you were a kind person, but you’re surprisingly merciless, Great Saint. While he would face execution in prison, I thought you couldn’t bring yourself to stab him.”

Elsa remarked that she was surprised I ignored his pleas and stabbed him with the sword of light. We had been taught to be merciful, so it was understandable that people might perceive me as soft. Well, Elsa wasn’t mistaken in her assessment either.

There was a reason why I stabbed Julius without hesitation.

"Ugyaaa! Don’t stab me! Don’t stab! Help meeee! …Huh?”

"He… is alive? Don’t tell me Asmodeus is still—!”

Upon seeing Julius abruptly sit up and glance around, Elsa let out a surprised exclamation. She then slowly readied her falchion. At this rate, she certainly would attack him

"Please wait, Ms. Elsa. He is not Asmodeus. The magic earlier was developed by Lady Fiana to purify the unique devilish miasma. It’s harmless to a human body.”

This was why I didn’t listen to Asmodeus’ claims. Knowing that it was harmless to Julius’s body, I was able to thrust the sword toward Asmodeus’s soul.

It seemed Asmodeus didn’t understand what spell had defeated him.

"Huh? O-oh, it’s you, Philia! How dare a saint like you stab me, a prince, with a sword! You clearly lack human compassion! And you call yourself the greatest saint in history! Don’t make me laugh!”

Surprisingly energetic, Julius got up and started complaining after confirming it was me. Being stabbed with a large sword of light, he must have had a frightening experience. He was expressing his discontent with tremendous vigor…

"Is he not Asmodeus anymore? The miasma was really properly cleansed?”

"It’s fine. He’s always been like this.”

"So, that’s why Girtonia ended up in such a predicament?”

Seeing Julius’ state gave me a nostalgic feeling. Was it because I had gotten used to life in Parnacota? As Elsa mentioned, perhaps if I had addressed his personality more, something might have changed. …No, that would be presumptuous. I didn’t have the power to change someone like that.

It was thanks to Mia that Girtonia escaped crisis—that was all there was to it.

"…You really wanted to kill me too, didn’t you!? And if that’s the case, you should have killed me too! Acting all innocent!”

Julius suddenly accused me of wanting him dead. It seemed he retained some memories from when Asmodeus possessed him.

However, even if that was the case—

"What are you saying?”

"I’m saying you resent me! You want me dead! I know it!”

Well, did I resent him? Hearing unexpected words, I seriously considered it, but I was not sure. I think those who resent Julius were the citizens of Girtonia and the people who got involved.

"I don’t resent you. I’ve met many precious people in Parnacota. Of course, I do hope you properly atone for your sins.”

"Ugh…!”

When I answered his question, Julius grimaced and hung his head.

In the end, what would have been the correct thing to say? Would he have been satisfied if I had said I resent him?

"Ahahaha! Thank you, Miss Philia. One of my worries is gone now.”

"Worries?”

As we were having such a conversation, Prince Oswald laughed in a good mood. Um, I wonder what his worry was. Well, it would be great if it was resolved.

"No, it’s nothing. Thank you. Once again, the continent has been saved thanks to you, Miss Philia… No, this time, countries across the whole world too probably.”

"I wouldn’t have survived without you rescuing me. You have my gratitude, Your Highness.”

Prince Oswald patted my shoulder, praising me. But I was grateful to the prince for coming to my aid. I will never forget that pounding in my chest back then.

"Of course, that’s only natural. You are the person I—”

"Let’s head back now. Why are you lingering in a place like this? Consider the mood a bit more.”

"Erm… You’re right, Miss Elsa. I should be more considerate of the atmosphere.”

When Prince Oswald tried to say something to me, Elsa intervened and stopped him. And the prince nodded in agreement.

Once again, he started to say something but stopped. I was quite curious, but as Elsa suggested, it was probably better to return from this Interstice. Mia and Master must be worriedly waiting for me.

"Huh? Has the number of people decreased without me realizing?”

"Mammon went to send back the people who were taken from all over the world.”

"That’s quite a challenging task.”

According to Lina, Mammon was sending the victims of mysterious disappearances back to their original countries. I never imagined he could travel across the world so freely. Having teleportation for transport must be convenient…

"There were even some from Miss Himari’s homeland, the kingdom of Murasame!”

"I have abandoned that place. Murasame is no longer my homeland.”

The kingdom of Murasame, located far northeast across the sea from Parnacota, was Himari’s birthplace. However, due to certain circumstances, she came here. I sensed talk of Murasame was taboo for Himari, so I largely avoided the topic. But hearing Philip speak of it, it truly seemed best not to bring it up.

"Hah… hah… you’re the last, Prince… Are you glad to go back to the Girtonia prison?”

Breathing heavily, Mammon spoke to Julius. It was truly amazing to send so many people in such a short time. He must have built up considerable fatigue.

"D-do as you like, monster…”

"Geez, I love hearing pretty ladies curse, but a brat’s impudence like this makes me want to give him a beating.”

"Eep! I-I’m a prince!”

Glared at by Mammon, Julius’ knees gave out. Then his eyes rolled back and he fainted. He must have been very scared of Mammon. Why he swore was a mystery, though.

"Hurry up and go! Don’t mess around!”

"Roger, roger. What a violent miss, using a devil like an errand boy.”

Though looking annoyed, Mammon answered and grabbed Julius by the clothes, entering a black gate along with him. This meant Julius was returning to Girtonia’s prison. It seemed like there would be quite a commotion over there.

"Mister Klaus, can your Satanakia help too?”

"Mr. Leonardo, there are orders of magnitude differences between my Satanakia and Mammon. Don’t make unreasonable requests. I already said five is his limit.”

Shrugging, Klaus explained the difference in power between Mammon and his own familiar. Mammon was quite high-ranked even among devils. Asmodeus was just an exceptional…

"Now it’s our turn to go back.”

"Yes. My apologies for the trouble, Mr. Mammon.”

"It’s nothing. I’d go to the ends of hell for a beauty’s request.”

"Idiot. Who’d be happy about that?”

The usual back-and-forth between Elsa and Mammon, and then in an instant—

All of us had returned to Parnacota’s royal palace.

We were overjoyed to safely return to our world.

"We’re back.”

"It brings me many emotions. But the scars Asmodeus left are large.”

The partially destroyed palace came into view, immediately dragging me back to reality. While I was glad everyone returned safely—

"We can repair what was broken, right? Leave commanding that to me and my brother. And you support us, Miss Philia.”

"Rather than support, I wish to help directly. It’s in my nature.”

Rebuilding the capital would keep me busy now. I wanted to provide as much assistance as I could. Just watching would stress me out.

"Sister Philia! I’m so glad… so relieved! You’re safe!”

"Everyone saved me. Sorry for worrying you, Mia.”

"It’s okay! Thank you all for bringing my sister back!”

Mia ran up to me, overjoyed that I was unharmed. Then she bowed her head to everyone who came to help. I seemed to have worried her considerably. Seeing her in tears made my chest grow warm.

"By the way, where is Master?”

"Mother, um… seems to have gone somewhere… right around when she sensed your magic power, Sis…”

It seemed that Master was not nearby. There were many things I wanted to talk about… not just the fact that Master was my real mother, but many other things.

"Don’t look so sad. Miss Hildegarde wouldn’t return to Girtonia without at least a greeting. She’s not so irresponsible. She just needs time to sort out her feelings.”

"That’s right. I believe in Master.”

Prince Oswald kindly reassured me. It seemed he realized what I was hoping for.

Master, let’s take it slow and talk. I learned how to make delicious tea from Ms. Lina, so how about we have tea and chat leisurely?

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment