Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 60

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part Two, Section Two: “The International Saints Conference”

Chapter Sixty

The morning discussion had reached a break point, so it was decided to take a lunch break.

The talk about the mysterious disappearances led to a discussion about measures against devils, and I prompted Alice to explain methods of capturing low-level devils. After that, we exchanged information about barriers and recovery spells. The saints from different countries had implemented various creative approaches, making the exchange of ideas very worthwhile, and I believe the Saint Summit was valuable for just that alone.

Ms. Philia, oh, let me reintroduce myself. I’m, uh, Alice Isefel, the saint of the kingdom of Dalbhat.”

As everyone left the conference room and headed to take a break, Alice, the saint from Dalbhat and descendant of the previous Great Saint Fiana Isefel, came to speak with me.

I had heard from Elsa that she was quite skilled as an exorcist, so I tried to actively talk to her, however… It seemed she was also shy like me, so I regretted doing something inappropriate.

I’m Philia Adenauer. My apologies, I really wanted to hear your opinions as an exorcist, Ms. Alice, so I kept asking you to talk.”

“No, um, I’m the one who, uh, stumbled multiple times… oh, well, it was, uh, difficult to understand, right? I, I’m always like this. I can’t speak well when I’m nervous. Even my childhood friend Elsa scolds me for it.”

“It was clear and concise, very helpful… So you and Miss Elsa are childhood friends. I’m indebted to her.”

Despite Alice’s apparent lack of confidence, her explanation of countermeasures against devils was so clear and comprehensible that even those unfamiliar with devils could easily understand. As expected of the saint who was protecting the mighty kingdom of Dalbhat alone.

By the way, Elsa didn’t mention at all that she and Alice were childhood friends. Well, she was not the type to share personal stories much, so it was not surprising.

“I-Is Elsa doing anything rude? Like suddenly cutting off Mammon’s head or something?”

“…Yes. But it’s okay. I’ve gotten used to it.”

“N-no, it’s not okay. I told Elsa to be polite with you, and yet…”

Seeing Alice teary-eyed over Elsa, I could understand how close friends they were. If only I had such a close friend… Well, back when I was in Girtonia, I couldn’t really call anyone that, but now…

“Somehow, talking with you doesn’t feel like with a stranger, Ms. Philia. I get a warm feeling, and I can understand the idea of you being the reincarnation of my ancestor, Fiana Isefel.”

You think so? I still can’t quite grasp that I’m the reincarnation of that Great Saint.”

“Yes. I was extremely nervous, but now, as you can see, I’m not trembling anymore… Please take care of Elsa for me.”

Bowing her head lightly, Alice left for outside the conference room with the guards from the Kingdom of Dalbhat who had been waiting for her. It seemed everyone, for both self-defense and as a precaution, was accompanied by their respective guards. If Asmodeus tried anything with all of us together like this, it would be easy to respond.

I should go outside and take in some fresh air in the courtyard as well. Leaving the conference room, I headed towards the palace courtyard.

Oh? Isn’t that person over there…?

Mr. Philip. Are you training?”

Lady Philia! You are taking a break? Oh, the spear you devised is very handy! Leave it to me! No matter how many devils come, this Philip will protect you!”

When I approached Philip, who was swinging a red spear in the courtyard, he responded with his usual energetic voice. Looked like several prototypes of anti-devil weapons, which I handed over to Prince Oswald the other day, had been completed, and, of course, Philip received one as well. The spearhead of his weapon was made of processed metal designed to absorb magic power, inspired by Elsa’s falchion. The difference from Elsa’s weapon lay in its specialization in “magic absorption.”

Philip and Prince Oswald didn’t possess magic power, so they couldn’t enhance their weapons by channeling magic power into it.

However, they can interfere with devils’ high regenerative ability by absorbing the magic power through the metal.

In other words, Philip’s extraordinary physical strength was directly translated into his effectiveness in harming devils.

“Seeing you and Ms. Himari looking dispirited after Ms. Elsa and Mr. Mammon came that day, I’m glad I was able to return the favor and express my gratitude for all you have done for me.”

Lady Philia…! To do all that for our sake…! Woooooooooh! I’m so moved I can’t stop crying!”

Philip started bawling loudly.

Come to think of it, when we first met, he also cried after hearing about Mia… what a kindhearted man.

Mr. Philip, you’re being noisy!”

You’re troubling Lady Philia. In my homeland, true warriors don’t cry except at their parents’ deathbed.”

Mr. Philip, honestly… I dashed out thinking something had happened.”

Ms. Lina, Ms. Himari, Mr. Leonardo

During the conference, they quietly watched over me from inside and outside the room, and now they all appeared together.

“Mmf! Lady Philia! My apologies! I showed you such disgraceful behavior!”

“No, I didn’t expect you to be so happy, so I’m pleased.”

Scolded by them, Philip looked a little awkward, but I honestly felt delighted.

It was rewarding when someone was this happy.

“Oh, that’s the anti-devil weapon, right? I received one too!”

“With this kunai, I’ll slaughter all of your enemies, Lady Philia.”

“Those red shoes look stylish and nice. It feels like I’ve returned to those days of youth.”

It seemed all three of them received the finished products. Finding them reliable, I was grateful they were protecting me while taking care not to distract me.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment