Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 15

Previous chapter Index Next chapter
Chapter 15 is out.

Part One, Section Two: “Crisis Over My Homeland

Chapter Fifteen (Mia’s POV)

“Umm… Ms. Himari, right? I didn’t expect you to come through the attic. I left the window open for nothing…”

“The open window drew the gate guards’ attention. So I had no choice but to switch to entering through the attic to get here.”

I see, indeed, I must have unnecessarily alarmed the gate guards with my carelessness in leaving the window so wide open.

Himari, the maid and guard from Philia’s estate, cleverly assessed the situation and found another way to reach me.

This individual was undoubtedly exceptional. I wonder why, despite having so many guards by my side, they all seemed to have such evident flaws…

Miss, as per Lady Philia’s words… time is of the essence. No, she even mentioned that it might already be too late. The situation is beyond what a single saint can handle…”

As Himari had mentioned… I felt a chill run down my spine when I read Philia’s letter. She deduced that the “Demon Realm,” also known as the demon heaven, was drawing dangerously close to our world. She detailed in the letter the potential events that might unfold from now on.

It was a prophecy that instilled despair in anyone who read it…

The prophecy foretold the mass emergence of demons, resulting in the nullification of protective barriers. Subsequently, hordes of ferocious and violent demons would rampage, causing destruction and carnage all over the country… If that happens, then just I alone surely couldn’t do anything.

So Philia used the ancient ritual known as the “Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle”… Only someone like her, who studies ancient and modern techniques every day, could have come up with such a solution.

All I could do was activate spells as quickly as possible… And with that in mind, Philia proposed a solution. It was to erect numerous focused barriers, even if each of them would be fragile. It was a so-called tactic of relying on quantity. Until then, containing demons would require massive manpower, and getting help from our aunt, the previous saint, would be the best.

In other words, for this country to overcome the crisis, it must devote all its power.

“Putting the entire country’s effort into it, huh? It sounds challenging.”

“…Lady Philia also seemed concerned that her advice might fall on deaf ears…”

Sis… worried about that? I didn’t even think that the warning might not be accepted.”

Did Philia anticipate that her opinion would be disregarded? So she really was treated badly all along…

“Anyway, now is the time to hurry. I need to convey the impending crisis and make preparations…”

No good… I couldn’t see this going well… If Prince Julius truly wouldn’t seriously consider Philia’s advice, we were really doomed.

“Would you like to run away…?”

“Huh…?”

“Taking just you and heading to Parnacota should be relatively easy. Even Lady Philia is concerned about your well-being. I’ll ensure you reach a safe place…”

Run away? Me, go to Parnacota…?

I never even considered such a thing. It did sound wonderful, though. To be freed from the burden of being a saint, to see my sister again, and to ensure my safety.

But I

I am a saint. I must protect this kingdom… Even if a harsh winter comes, I cannot simply escape to a tropical resort alone. Sis knew that and that’s why she didn’t advise me to run away, right?”

Being a saint like my sister had always been my pride. Even if I lacked power, even if I was inexperienced, even if there were so many things I couldn’t do, I could not abandon my duty. Even if the country would be overrun by demons, I must do everything I could to minimize the damage.

I know it will be hard. But I will do everything in my power to help the country… just like Sis…”

“You resemble Lady Philia… Both of you are stubborn.”

“That is the best compliment for me.”

Because I want to become a saint like my big sister. If she wasn’t here, then it was up to me to protect the country

Clenching my fist tightly, I made up my mind.

I understand your determination, Miss. Do you have any message for Lady Philia?”

"Message for Sis…? Tell her, ‘Someday… someday let’s go watch an opera together again…’

“…!? As your command.”

When I spoke the message to my sisterHimari’s eyes opened slightly wider, showing a surprised expression.

And then, as if nodding silently… she vanished from my sight. Sister, I hadn’t given up yet.

I believe that someday, the day will come when I could meet you again.

Now, looking back… I think running away would have been a wise choice. The kingdom of Girtonia is in such a dire situation.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment