Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 45

Previous chapter Index Next chapter
The last chapter of the Part One has finally been translated.

Part One, Section Four: “The End And the Beginning”

Chapter Forty-five

Two months had passed since the expansion of the Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle.

Since then, various events have unfolded. The magic circle that expanded across the entire continent seemed to have contributed to the relief of various nations plagued by demon invasions, as envoys from these countries had come to personally express their gratitude to me.

I acted with a single-minded determination to help my sister, but apparently, there were nations even more desperate than Girtonia, and these countries were very surprised when demons within their territories suddenly became powerless.

“Yesterday, an envoy from the great kingdom of Dalbhat also arrived. That’s where the head temple of the Clamu religion is located. It seems the Archbishop has decided to bestow upon you the title of “Great Saint”, the only one in the world, in recognition of your achievements, Miss Philia.”

Prince Oswald, who was visiting my mansion, brought up the discussion about the bestowal of the title “Great Saint” upon me. This title was given to a saint who, according to legend, saved the world from crisis several centuries ago.

The conversation had taken such a leap that, to be honest, I couldn’t hide my bewilderment.

“Nah, the number of lives saved in this incident is immeasurable. From my perspective, I think it’s not enough to merely acknowledge your achievements with a title.”

Prince Oswald praised me, but more than half of my actions were driven by self-interest, and furthermore, the title of “Great Saint”…

“It’s still too heavy a burden for someone as inexperienced as me. I am honored, but…”

“Lady Philiaaa! Is it true that you’ll become the ‘Great Saint’? Congratulations!”

When I tried to object to the prince’s words, Grace, who had returned to Parnacota to resume her training on the Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle, enthusiastically stepped in.

According to what I heard about the kingdom of Bolmern from Grace, both the king and Count Martilas were in high spirits and delighted. Grace and her three sisters were also revered as heroes.

“Hey, Ms. Grace, remember that Philia is my older sister. Don’t make that sisterly face!”

Mia, who had been training alongside Grace, told that in a somewhat sullen voice. The magic circle’s effects made the saintly job easier, so Hildegarde told her to come and study under me for a while, and she was staying at my mansion now. She was studying ancient language and simultaneously practicing ancient spells, and it was clear from seeing her skillfully doing both that she would surely surpass me someday.

Ms. Mia, just so you know, I’m Lady Philia’s senior disciple. I won’t take orders from a junior disciple.”

Sis! What’s up with this girl? She’s so annoying.”

Grace wore a triumphant expression, while Mia stomped her feet in frustration.

While Grace was simply motivated by seeing Mia’s talent and had a competitive spirit, it seemed like Mia was taking the provocation to heart.

“If you two are going to fight, I won’t teach you anything anymore. What’s the point of a saint sowing the seeds of discord?”

““We’re sorry!””

After a brief word of caution, both of them obediently complied. Mia might need to become a bit more lenient with her junior

Anyway, peace had returned to our daily lives…

◆ ◆ ◆

“Wow, that’s impressive… you can truly do anything. To be able to do farm work so adeptly without even breaking a sweat is amazing.”

Prince Oswald invited me to help with the work on his farm today. Since I had studied agriculture extensively, I was glad to be of help to him. However, this was my first time participating in farm work, so it was a valuable experience.

I’m quite confident in my stamina. This much doesn’t make me tired. As I accumulate training as a saint, my energy efficiency keeps improving…”

“Haha, I asked about the kind of training once out of curiosity, but just hearing about it made me feel like giving up. Well, I guess that’s why talented people like saints are so valuable…”

The training imposed on me was my mother’s Spartan education and Hildegarde’s regimen that exceeded even that. Mia also received harsh training, and it seemed she regretted becoming Aunt’s adopted daughter a little.

However, she said she wanted to persevere. She said if overcoming it meant she could catch up to me, she would spare no effort…

When did she become so reliable…?

“There were tough times, but I’m glad I went through it. Thanks to that, I’ve been able to stand strong without breaking.”

“Being positive is a good thing. Yahoo, this is a big one! Whoa!”

Prince Oswald was harvesting radishes, and upon finding a particularly large one, he let out a loud yell and put in force.

“Nnngh! Oops!”

He had put in too much force, and when he pulled out the radish he toppled over. I hope he was alright… And it sure was big.

“Look! Miss Philia! I managed to harvest such a gigantic one! Woo-hoo, this is the biggest one this year!”

Prince Oswald, covered in mud, laughed while comparing the size of the radish to his own face. He was truly an amusing person. Despite being an adult, he behaved like a child…

“Hehe… Your Highness, please wipe your face. Here, use this towel…”

I handed a towel to the prince. He then looked at me with wide eyes.

Your smile… I saw it for the first time…”

“Eh!? I, I was smiling!? Come to think of it, it does feel like it. How strange…”

I was more surprised than Prince Oswald that I had smiled. Ever since I became self-aware until today, there hasn’t been a single instance of that happening…

“No need to be so surprised. From now on, it’ll become normal. I’m sure of it.”

Realizing I was troubled by the changes in myself, Prince Oswald smiled and handed me the large radish.

“…Since coming to this country, I’ve been a little afraid of changing. But when I saw Mia, when I witnessed her become even more captivating… I realized that changing can bring about wonderful things.”

That lovable and cute Mia had now become reliable and dignified, undergoing dramatic personal growth. To me, rather than something negative, it appeared incredibly charming and dazzling.

So…

I will continue to live as this country’s saint, but as a person, I’m sure I will change. Your Highness Oswald, will you accept me even if I become different?”

Living without change was impossible. Therefore, my values, perspectives, and emotions would gradually evolve. Was it selfish of me to hope that even as I changed, I would still be accepted?

“Hahaha!”

Your Highness Oswald, I was trying to be serious— Oh…”

The prince burst into laughter and, with great vigor, wrapped his arms around my shoulders. Startled by the sudden movement, I inadvertently hugged the radish I was holding tightly.

“That goes without saying! No matter… how much you change, you will always be you, Miss Philia!”

His confident declaration made me realize that my worries were trivial… and my inner self was completely washed clean.

Ah, warm―.

Feeling the warmth of his arms… I secretly wondered if this warmth was the “happiness” I didn’t know about…

Will there really come a day when I feel a smile as “normal”, as he said…?

Thinking about it made tomorrow seem incredibly bright and I couldn’t wait for it to come.

The End of Part One.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

1 comment: