Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 22

Previous chapter Index Next chapter
Chapter 22 is out and some site’s bugs have been fixed. For some reason, the font on smartphones was terrible (it was supposed to be a typical manga font), and default “fancy” level was 4 (it was supposed to be 3).

Part One, Section Two: “Crisis Over My Homeland

Chapter Twenty-two

“Oh dear, this is quite challenging…”

I started teaching Grace, the fourth daughter of the Martilas family where all four sisters served as saints, the ancient Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle by first instructing her in basic ancient spells.

The Adenauer family’s education methods were quite contrasting. For someone like me, who struggled to retain information, it had felt Spartan in nature. Meanwhile, the prodigious Mia had numerous spells packed into her curriculum.

As a result, Mia had mastered a diverse range of spells ranging from modern magic to barrier techniques. If she could acquire my knowledge, she might become an unparalleled Great Saint beyond my reach.

On the other hand, it seemed that the Martilas family followed a policy of imparting education and practical skills to each person in order, regardless of individual talents.

Grace didn’t possess the same level of ingenuity as I do, but I could tell from our brief interactions that she had put in a lot of effort into her studies.

She had learned the ancient language on her own after being taught the basics, and she had developed a considerable vocabulary, so she met the requirements for invoking ancient spells.

However, it’s not as simple as just knowing the words to do it…

Lady Philia, does something like ‘mana’ truly exist? I just can’t seem to perceive it no matter how hard I try…”

What was challenging for Grace was perceiving “mana” during the initial stages of activating an ancient spell. Many of the ancient techniques are so powerful that they are difficult to activate using only the magical power of an individual. Hence, we supplemented it by absorbing particles from the natural world called “mana”, which served as the source of power.

While we lived by the great blessing of nature, grasping the origin of that power was quite difficult.

Grace seemed to be struggling with that as well…

“Shall we go outside to the garden, Ms. Grace?”

“To… the garden?”

I took Grace out of the mansion. Trees and flowers were budding there, and we could hear insects. The sun was shining in the sky, and we could feel the warmth on our skin and the refreshing breeze. Just by being slightly focused, we could truly sense a part of the magnificent nature surrounding us.

I understand the concept of a force of nature, but when it comes to sensing ‘mana,’ I’m not quite sure…”

“That uncertain feeling is enough. That faint sensation itself means you’re perceiving ‘mana.’ Refine it more, and you’ll naturally be able to sense it.”

I activated a basic ancient spell to make the “mana” flowing around me visible to Grace. Finer than snow, white particles poured from my body, sparkling brightly.

This was a defensive spell called "Robe of Light" that protected against evil forces like a suit of armor. Even if caught off guard by demons or such, if activated promptly, it could help avoid danger effectively.

“…Lady Philia, you look so beautiful. Ah… almost like an angel…”

“That’s an exaggeration, Ms. Grace.”

“No, I simply expressed my honest impression. I find myself respecting you even more, Lady Philia.”

I simply illuminated it because I thought visually showing “mana” would make the spell easier to grasp. I didn’t expect such a reaction and it caught me off guard.

It was not something impressive enough to deserve such an ardent gaze from her.

I must also work hard to become a saint like you someday!”

I’m glad Grace is motivated, so I’ll take it as a positive outcome.

After a few hours of meditation, by evening she was able to successfully perceive “mana.” She had certainly put in diligent practice and seemed to have potential as well.

Afterward, I had Lina prepare a second round of tea, and we decided to have tea time together.

At that moment, Grace mentioned that there was a place nearby she wanted to visit.

“There is a place you want to go, Ms. Grace?”

“Yes. I would like to visit the grave of my cousin, no… my older sister, Elizabeth.”

It turned out Grace’s cousin Elizabeth was in Parnacota, and had passed away.

Since Parnacota and Bolmern were friendly nations, such connections weren’t rare, but…

“So, Ms. Grace, you’ve been here a few times before?”

“Yes, Elizabeth was from a branch of the Martilas family and was also a saint. She had a delicate constitution from birth, so my father often took great care of her…”

“Saint… does that mean…”

“As you’ve guessed, Lady Elizabeth was the previous saint. Please allow me, Leonardo, to guide you two, Lady Grace, Lady Philia.”

The former saint, Elizabeth, who passed away about three months before I arrived here… To think she was Grace’s cousin. I had only heard that she passed away due to illness, so this is news to me.

And so Leonardo guided us to Elizabeth’s grave to pay our respects.

After walking for a few minutes, we arrived at a large grave. Fresh flowers had been placed there as an offering.

Th-this flower… isn’t it the same as in the bouquet that His Highness Reinhardt gave me before?

That was what I thought at that moment…

Ms. Philia? A-and also Liz… No, wait, Ms. Grace…?”

Accompanied by his guards, Reinhardt approached us, holding a bouquet in one hand. His face showed hints of sorrow I had never sensed from him before…

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment