Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 62

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part Two, Section Two: “The International Saints Conference”

Chapter Sixty-two

After the break ended, Prince Reinhardt greeted the saints of each country, and then we continued exchanging information about things like how to set up barriers and make recovery magic more efficient.

At one point, the discussion shifted to the methods of training.

“What kind of training did you received, Ms. Philia?”

I must admit, I’m quite curious about that as well.”

“…Thanks to Lady Philia’s special training, I have undergone a significant power boost compared to before.”

“Hm. It’s not like I’m particularly interested. But if you really want to talk about it, I’ll oblige and listen.”

Training methods? Since both Mia and I learned from our teacher, Hildegarde, let’s have Master talk about this.

While she had been modestly silent about it around us, Master excels not only as a saint but also as a mentor. I thought everyone should definitely hear Master’s theories.

I gained strength under the guidance of my master, Hildegarde. So, I would like her to instruct us on training methods.”

“…Philia, there’s no need to spotlight me. It’s fine for you to talk.”

“No, I’m still quite inexperienced as an instructor. Please teach us, Master.”

“Well, it can’t be helped, I suppose.”

And so, Master had begun her lecture.

She told us about many training methods I now find harsh yet nostalgic, like living in the snowy mountains for a month and experiencing the brink of life and death to expand your limits, being buried in the desert to sense the earth’s power, always cloaking yourself in a thin layer of magic power and sleeping atop a bed of needles.

““…””

What’s going on? We were all actively exchanging opinions just moments ago… Why is everyone silent now?

“As I thought, everyone is taken aback. Because Mother Hilda’s training is just too extreme. Sis, the needles are a joke, right? Ahaha, please say it’s a joke. Or I’ll―”

Mia whispered the reason why everyone went silent when Master mentioned her training program. Come to think of it, Prince Oswald also said that just hearing about it made him want to give up. Despite that, I believed it was a very efficient regimen for gaining strength as a saint…

“Ohohoho! The Adenauer style is quite a forceful training! Allow me, Emily Martilas, to teach you all the elegant, graceful secret training regimen of the Martilas style!”

Sister Emily, that’s rude to Lady Philia and her master.”

“First is magic power enhancement training. Using the high-quality herbs that can be gathered near Erylton Lake…”

In the stillness of the conference room, Emily proceeded to share the exclusive training program of the Martilas family. As one of the most prestigious in the continent, the family proudly boasted that all four of their sisters had become saints. In fact, Grace became a saint at a younger age than Mia and me, and interaction with her made it clear that she had undergone efficient training.

I see. Those were the results of such training… It was extremely informative.

“W-well then, let me also teach you all the basics of exorcism. Uh, devils, fundamentally…”

Next, Alice taught us the basics of exorcism. She probably wanted to make sure we could defend ourselves when facing devils.

“The troublesome thing is that devils can possess and manipulate human bodies. Possessed humans will―”

“Intruder! There is a suspicious intruder inside the royal palace!”

During Alice’s lecture, a Parnacota soldier suddenly entered the conference room.

Intruder…? What does he mean by a suspicious intruder?

“Thanks for guiding me this far. You can back off now. I have business with the lovely Philia Adenauer. Hey Philia! My destined one! We meet again…!”

““Julius…?””

The moment the soldier collapsed, Julius appeared from behind him. He wore the clothing of a prisoner, but it was undoubtedly him. Last night, he was in a semi-transparent state, but today, he was distinctly visible.

Mia and Master seemed particularly surprised… Well, that was understandable. They had been working hard to bring about Julius’s downfall.

“Oh my, so the vixen that betrayed and imprisoned me is here too. Well, whatever. As long as I get Philia.”

“As creepy as ever! You’re possessed by that Asmodeus guy, right!? Fine! I’ll capture you! Chains of Holy Light!”

When Julius glanced at Mia, she instantly deployed a spell, materializing Chains of Holy Light faster than the eye could see. Thanks to Master’s training, Mia’s already significantly quicker spellcasting speed had further increased compared to mine.

“…Philia, I couldn’t see well in the dark last night, but your beautiful silver hair is as lovely as ever. And your soul is more beautiful than anyone’s. You really should be mine.”

“Wh-Why isn’t my spell working!?”

Julius slowly walked towards me, effortlessly deflecting Mia’s Chains of Holy Light as if they were nothing. He was enveloped in an incredibly high concentration of magic power… Enough to render Mia’s spell meaningless.

Asmodeus, what’s the point of pretending to be Julius again like yesterday?”

“No particular point. My real body is getting used to this one. With the same soul as Fiana, and that beautiful silver hair, I fell in love with you at first sight. To nurture love, rather than as a devil, being human would be more convenient for you too, right? We were engaged until quite recently after all.”

I was not sure what he was suddenly talking about. However, Julius’s tone sounded gentle, affectionate… I didn’t sense any killing intent or malice at all. He had to be under Asmodeus’s control… But…

Ms. Philia! Step back! I have exorcism magic for devils! I-I’ll repel him!”

“Heh, there’s even an exorcist. How bothersome. Sorry, Philia. It’s hard to hear my words of love when it’s this noisy.”

When Julius’s eyes flashed with purple light, several black masses appeared in the room.

These were… low-level devils? Concentrating magic power in my eyes, I could see black masses taking human forms and flying through the air.

“That’s why I’ve decided to erase everyone here except for you.”

“…!?”

When Julius snapped his fingers, explosions echoed around us.

In complete silence, amidst jet-black madness, Julius possessed by Asmodeus led the devils and came for me

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment