Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 77

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part Two, Section Four: “A Chain of Bonds Weaves Love”

Chapter Seventy-seven

Asmodeus fully awakened as a true devil possessed power beyond imagining. This level of destruction could be deemed a natural disaster. Thinking about what would happen if this occurred on the Surface sent shivers down my spine.

For instance, a blast of this scale going off in the royal capital of Parnacota would reduce it to scorched earth instantly.

During my training days, I once successfully defended against the flames of a large dragon with a barrier magic—Holy Barrier. I attempted to use it to protect everyone in the room from Asmodeus’s onslaught, but it proved to be nothing more than a feeble defense.

I had no idea if everyone was safe, and my whole body was injured. On top of that… the strain from pushing myself beyond my limits had led to a depletion of magic power, so I was unable to break free and confirm their status.

"I can’t give up yet. I made a promise with His Highness Oswald too—”

I was surprised at my own words.

In a predicament like this, it was surprising that the first thing I recalled was the promise to have dinner with Prince Oswald. Of course, it was an important promise, but as a saint, there should be many more things I need to consider, like protecting the country and saving the lives of numerous people.

"I won’t let the life His Highness saved go to waste. But… Huh?”

At that moment, a part of the debris shifted and something fell on me. Oh, it was warm. And soft. Upon closer inspection, it was Fiana’s doll, resembling a living being.

"We must have been blown away together. I’m battered like this yet it doesn’t have a single scratch, just as Asmodeus boasted.”

The doll was untouched despite the massive explosion. It continued emitting a powerful radiance, having absorbed the magic power Asmodeus amassed.

Asmodeus, you are quite stubborn. I warned you not to disturb these lands.’

"Huh!? What was that just now? Ouch, my chest, my heart feels hot…!”

Right after the voice rang in my head, my chest grew hot. Magic power from Fiana’s doll entered my heart, melting into it. Simultaneously, resonating in my mind, were Fiana’s memories… Is that it?

The doll’s glow gradually faded as my body started shining.

My chest, my heart, felt burning hot. And in my mind—

Fiana Isefel, your power is far too great. I fear it’s dangerous to leave you alone.’

‘Don’t worry, I won’t bully you. I’ll teach you how to use your power.’

‘We exorcists fight devils. Want to become one too, Fiana? Huh? A saint? What’s that?’

‘…The exorcists have been almost wiped out. There is no hope left for humanity.’

I will annihilate the devils. It’s the mission bestowed upon me by God.’

Fiana’s memories from four hundred years ago invade my own all at once. If I let my guard down even slightly, I felt I would cease to be myself from the intensity of reliving her experiences. I lived Fiana Isefel’s life.

‘I-It’s unbelievable, that this great Azazel would be defeated by a mere human!’

‘Th-this is absurd… that this Beelzebub would be powerless—‘

‘Hah, hah, I’ve found you, my destined partner! Fiana! I will definitely make you mine!’

When the Demon Realm drew near four hundred years ago, three devils known as demon kings invaded the Surface. The Surface world, already a paradise for demons, was further ravaged, plunging humanity into despair. Amidst this, Saint Fiana instantly annihilated demons across the continent, no, the entire world with her large-scale barrier magic, and forced two devils rivaling Asmodeus to retreat to the Demon Realm.

Yet only Asmodeus persisted unrelentingly, so she severed his body and soul, sealing his body away to finally neutralize him.

Thus, Fiana became a world-renowned hero and earned the title of Great Saint. I always thought the human known as Great Saint Fiana was practically a mythical being, but she respected her teacher, valued her friends, and cherished her lover. Even though she struggled with the weight of her power, many people around her supported her. And so, she ended her life grateful to those who stood by her side.

She was the first saint.

And I am Fiana’s—

You are you. Philia Adenauer.’

Does this voice echoing in my head belong to Lady Fiana? Has she, in some sense, awakened within my soul?

"Philia! So you were here! Blown away so pathetically I had trouble finding you!”

Kicking aside rubble, Asmodeus discovered me. He extended his purplish arm, trying to rip out my soul again.

I apologize. It seems my seal was too weak, causing tremendous trouble. Please help me defeat Asmodeus.’

Each time Fiana’s voice echoed in my mind, strength surged within me.

Help to defeat him? In place of you?

"Gwaaaaah!! Wh-what is this power!?”

Before I realized it, I had grabbed Asmodeus’ arm and was floating in the air. Strangely, his arm felt as fragile as a thin twig.

This woman! Trying to channel your power into me again!? I won’t fall for that!”

Twisting his arm as I tried to inject my magic power, he severed it in a panic and retreated.

That trick clearly won’t work anymore.

I have to save everyone quickly.”

Over a hundred people were practically buried alive, many gravely wounded. Sensing their presence, I levitated all the surrounding rubble and flung it far away.

Then after descending to the ground, I offered a prayer.

"Saintly Heal!”

With ten times… no, over a hundred times my usual output, I used my original recovery spell to heal everyone’s injuries.

I won’t allow a single victim of that selfish devil.

"Amazing, my wounds are completely healed in an instant. You saved me. Hm? Miss Philia, how to put it… you’re shining like the sun, are you okay?”

"Your Highness Oswald, I’m so glad you’re safe. My apologies. Due to the output of my Robe of Light, the brightness is unavoidably high. It must hurt your eyes.”

"I don’t really understand, but you seem to be fine.”

Prince Oswald rushed over worriedly.

Physically I was fine. I was more shocked by the unexpected expansion of my magic power reserves. They clearly surpassed the amount absorbed from the doll and by a wide margin.

The difference between Asmodeus’ power and mine was easily over a hundredfold before. Even combining the magic of every woman here wouldn’t come close. Yet after testing it out, I didn’t feel inferior to him in the least. No, I sensed even greater potency.

Most likely, the magic infused into the doll was just a trigger. It served as a catalyst to awaken the inherent magic power of Fiana’s original soul.

"If I can’t touch you, you’re not worth taking! You aren’t Fiana!”

Looking down at us from the sky, Asmodeus shouted. His magic power rose as his five eyes emitted a red light. This was the magic that had earlier buried us alive in the rubble. He grinned and attempted to unleash it once again.

"Miss Philia, get behind me! Here comes another big one!”

"Catastrophe…!”

The instant Asmodeus activated the spell, I held out my hand toward him. As I made a grasping motion, a massive explosion occurred in mid-air. He was engulfed by it and plummeted to the ground.

"N-no way, my magic was… so easily crushed!? This is just like when Fiana fought me…!”

"Do I resemble Lady Fiana to you, Asmodeus?”

I bite my finger, dripping a drop of blood to the ground… summoning five pillars of light simultaneously. The pillars radiated silver brilliance, forming a magical circle in the sky. Summoned from the circle was a giant sword gleaming in gold. This was the very magic that Fiana used four hundred years ago to seal Asmodeus’s body.

"Th-that thing, i-it’s what sealed me away four hundred years ago…”

"I won’t allow you to revive so easily this time. I’ll shatter your very soul.”

Asmodeus, upon seeing the gleaming giant sword in the sky, lost strength in his knees. Apparently, being sealed by this magic left quite a trauma to him. Four hundred years ago, she couldn’t destroy his soul, allowing his revival, but this time, Fiana’s powerful willpower imbued the magic to avoid repeating that mistake.

"Fiana! Wait! Please wait! I-I love you! If I just have you, I intended no harm to the Surface!”

"Asmodeus, I am not Lady Fiana. Perhaps you’ve hatched such schemes out of love starvation, but I cannot condone those actions as a saint.”

Asmodeus begged forgiveness not from me, but Fiana behind me. Love likely did motivate him to some extent. But even if those feelings were pure, he had destroyed much and taken many lives.

"W-wait! Philia, are you trying to kill me, Julius Girtonia!? I’m human! Surely a saint can’t kill a person!”

Upon realizing that I wouldn’t back down, Asmodeus returned to his human form and, as Julius, tried to persuade me. Julius was indeed a grave sinner, but still human. Judging him fell under Girtonia’s jurisdiction. There was no law permitting a saint to take his life. Asmodeus knew because he read this information from Julius’ memories, including my stubborn adherence to rules.

"You know quite a lot about me.”

"O-of course! After all, I was your fiancé. What happened back then was regrettable. But let’s let bygones be bygones—”

"…However, Asmodeus. I cannot simply overlook you.”

"Gyaaaaaah!”

Ignoring Asmodeus’s pleas, I swung down the giant sword of light and pierced it into his chest. He opened his mouth wide, letting out a final, agonizing scream.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment