Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Forsaken Saintess and her Foodie Roadtrip in Another World, Chapter 54

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Chapter Fifty-four: Scrambled Eggs Are The Only Thing That Should Be Scrambled!

Despite the supposed "emergency," Ms. Sheila and the party’s calm demeanors seem to be working—there’s no visible change among the townsfolk. Everyone appears to be going about their lives cheerfully and busily as usual.

So, it likely isn’t a case of a large-scale monster rampage or an impending war… Despite the urgency, it probably isn’t a massive issue. Or maybe it is something minor now but has the potential to escalate into a major problem, requiring immediate attention?

In any case, since Ms. Sheila is guiding us Gourmands, it’s likely a situation within our capabilities… at least, that is the impression I get.

“Thank you for responding to the sudden request! I’ll take you to see the Master!”

Lost in thought, I suddenly realized we had arrived at the guild. Ms. Sheila gave a little bow before opening the doors for us.

It has only been a few days, but the adventurers’ guild seems far more crowded than when we visited at night, likely due to the daytime hour.

From burly musclemen with beast ears to dignified full-beast women, seductive snake-lower-body beauties, dashing gentlemen, and kids in baggy robes… The adventurers, with their varied appearances, are busy looking for requests, reporting accomplishments, and exchanging information.

Hmm… at a glance, the guild itself doesn’t seem too frantic at least… The only sense of urgency comes from Ms. Sheila herself, trotting briskly as she leads us.

Turning a corner, we arrived at the Guildmaster Tori’s office—in stark contrast to our previous visit, it is now cluttered with precariously stacked books, scrolls, and paperwork strewn everywhere.

Amid this chaos, Mr. Tori grips a scroll, practically wailing in anguish.

"The Gourmands are here, Master!”

"You made it, Gourmands! Thank goodness, please have a seat anywhere!”

Mr. Tori responded to Ms. Sheila’s voice and pointed towards the area around the sofa… but…

"There’s no damn space to sit! At least tidy up the paperwork!”

"Oh… my apologies! I went out for a moment, and it got cluttered up right away.”

“Is Mr. Tori not good at tidying up? Are you helping him with the cleaning, Ms. Sheila?”

"It’s fine. Sheila isn’t to blame.”

"That’s right. Since she left this room to call us, the state of the room after that is the sole responsibility of the Guildmaster.”

"…Well, I can understand materials getting scattered during the research process…”

…Yup, even the sofa is buried under books and whatnot. Following Mr. Ville’s example as he starts tidying up while grumbling, I also gather the scattered papers on the sofa and mini-table. Bowing and apologizing, Ms. Sheila helps us out, but judging from her comment, she must have been tidying up this room herself… The smooth way Mr. Ed and the rest chimed in supporting her really showcases their communication skills.

By the way, although I’m participating in the cleanup, I somehow have a feeling I can deduce why this room ended up so messy…

Perhaps, while investigating Case A, another Case B came up that needed immediate attention. Saying ‘I’m still in the middle of it…’ Case A’s documents were left out while diving into Case B. Then, thinking ‘I might need these again…’ Case B’s materials were also left out while returning to Case A… As the vicious cycle continued, the desk got cluttered, papers started piling up on the floor, occasionally causing avalanches that spread throughout the room… And so, this disaster was born.

…Huh? That’s awfully specific, you say? Well, that’s because I’m the same way!

Mr. Tori gives off that kindred spirit of organizational ineptitude… He probably could tidy up quickly once the research is done, but until then, he just tends to scatter documents everywhere, I think…

“So you struggle with cleaning too, Rin? From your cooking prowess, I’d have thought planning and organization were your strengths…”

“Well, when it comes to cooking I can organize and store things practically… but general housekeeping isn’t my forte.”

“Really…? Your kitchen always looks so clean though…?”

“…I mean, I can do cleaning and laundry, I’m not completely helpless… Though I probably should get better at non-cooking chores, huh?”

As I gathered scrolls scattered both on top and underneath the desk, I met eyes with Mr. Ville, who was picking up the scattered papers on the floor. Even if he gave me that curious look… To be honest, I’m not exactly a neat freak, nor am I an expert in storage, you see.

As a medical professional, I’m conscientious about hygiene and cleanliness, sure. But maintaining a "spotlessly cleaned room daily!" or "crisply ironed, unwrinkled clothes!"… Impossible, impossible, impossible!

Hooray for lint rollers and floor wipers! Hooray for wrinkle-resistant shirts! And when in doubt, off to a dry cleaner…! That was my lifestyle.

Amid that, cooking was the one hobby/practical skill I diligently maintained. If there was a "Living Skills" stat, all my skill points would be dumped into cooking, yup.

…Come to think of it, am I really the right person for this support role…?

“It’s fine, no problem. With cleansing magic, laundry and cleaning aren’t major issues.”

"Yes! Dust won’t kill us! But if hungry, can’t fight!”

"Indeed. Soiled clothes won’t lead to death, but starvation saps one’s physical, mental, and spiritual fortitude—potentially fatal.”

"We’re decent at chores besides cooking! You can handle the meals, Rin, we’ll cover the rest!”

"Oh, thank you…! Since cooking is the one thing I can do, I’ll do my best!”

Perhaps my anxiety showed on my face, as everyone immediately jumped in with words of support.

…Seriously?! You all think alike?!

Ah, that’s why we clicked so quickly…! We’re all gourmands at heart…! It’s probably silly to think this way all of a sudden, but I feel confident that I can thrive in the Gourmands party! I feel incredibly confident!

As I took the hand offered to me without a word, palms were stacked one after another. Yup. I’ve got this! I’ll cook up delicious meals!

“…It’s great to strengthen the bonds within the party, but could you all sit down now?”

"Our chef is all fired up. A shame to disrupt that motivation.”

"There’s an emergency, dammit! A rogue dungeon! Out of nowhere, a dungeon just sprouted in an area without any mana disturbances or warping!”

“What!? That’s ridiculous! There’s no way that happens!”

"It did happen, so shut up and sit your asses down already, you brats! I’ll explain!”

Oh? It suddenly feels like the room temperature dropped significantly. Everyone, including myself, swiftly took their seats as if the previous farce was a lie, and then Ms. Sheila brought us tea—yet even the steam felt frozen by the tense air.

A rogue dungeon? Sprouted?

I’m so confused… Can dungeons actually sprout or grow out of nowhere? And, is there some kind of problem if a dungeon appears? Huh?

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update! I always look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete