Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Forsaken Saintess and her Foodie Roadtrip in Another World, Chapter 48

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Chapter Forty-eight: The Tomato-Flavored Fish Soup, Let’s Call It Bouillabaisse for Its Elegance!

The log roast is also very delicious! The foil wrapping and steaming may have contributed to the softness! The outside is chewy, while the inside is melt-in-your-mouth tender. The sweetness of the butter, the saltiness of the miso, and the richness of the liver irresistibly urged me to keep eating… Squid is scary. Squid is really scary.

But you know, having people enthusiastically enjoy the dishes you’ve made yourself is just so satisfying…

As I clear the empty plates, I notice the small shrimp that are fried with garlic have turned a nice color, so I sprinkle some salt on it and bring it out.

As for the bouillabaisse-style soup… maybe a little more?

…Well, let me check on those shrimp on the grill while I’m up!

Rin… are you eating anything yourself?”

I’m nibbling here and there? And it’s kind of a hobby for me, so no need to worry!”

…That said, I was craving something a bit more staple myself, so I thought I would make some potatoes with onions roasted in foil.

As I quickly wrapped the potatoes and onions in foil, perhaps worried that I was doing all the work during the feast, Mr. Ville offered to help. It must have seemed like I was leaving everything to myselfI’m sorry for making you think that…

I smiled and gently stopped Mr. Ville, who was about to stand up, and turned towards the grill. Since we’re all having such a good time, just leave these little cooking indulgences to me!

I nest the packet with potatoes and onions amidst the hot coals then flip the lobster and large shrimp—the shrimp just need a bit more time.

“Oh, the soup pot should be ready soon too!”

Hmm… let’s see… I could slice up that ham as an extra topping. Then, I could nest it on the bread with the sliced onion and tomatoes. Or maybe better to cut the ham into thick slabs for a ham steak style?!

…Having people happily devouring your efforts does make cooking so much more enjoyable, even for tasks that can feel tedious when you’re just doing it for yourself.

Considering menus that will delight everyone is actually really fun!

“Alright! The soup is ready too! I’ll just bring the whole pot over! Take whatever ingredients you want!”

You’re really enthusiastic about this, Rin.”

“Hehehe… I may have gotten a bit carried away! There’s just so much I want to make, I can’t help it.”

I placed a pot stand in the middle of the table and set the steaming pot of soup there. It’s nice how it still bubbles even after being taken off the fire. When I thought about the ladle and serving plates, they were already prepared. Hmm… I guess I made everyone go through the trouble after all…

While watching as they reach for the pot almost as if they are competing, I finish the barley tea that is left in my cup. I’m filled with motivation, but, well… my stamina is…!

“Here, Rin. Take a little break and have something to eat first.”

“Ah, my apologies, Mr. Ville.”

“While ‘cooking’ is your domain, even I can handle portioning out servings.”

A deep bowl piled with shrimp, scallops, and sea bass in a broth was set before me. A waft of sweet seafood and tomato aroma tickled my nose. Looks like he dished me up a portion before the hungry horde descended. Warmth gradually seeped from the slightly thick pottery into my fingers.

I give an appreciative nod to the grinning Mr. Ville, then dig in without restraint!

Plunging my spoon into the still-steaming bowl, I went for the broth first… For an authentic bouillabaisse, I would use saffron, but of course, I don’t have such an expensive luxury spice here…

But even without it, the richness of the seafood flavor seeps through abundantly, making it delicious enough. Shrimp broth with shells in, miso, scallop essence, all mixed with sea bass broth, along with the sweetness of the tomato, create a refreshing yet satisfying taste. Since it’s not cooked for too long, I’m glad the seafood hasn’t shrunk.

It’s fun to slurp up that concentrated umami punch from the shrimp heads, and the tender sea bass and chewy squid are great too, but the large scallops, with their plump texture and the enjoyable contrast between the firmness of the adductor muscle and the springiness of the mantle, are a big hit for me personally.

Looking around, it seems like everyone’s digging into their food. They’re hardly saying a word, just focusing on moving their spoons. Hmm. There’s still plenty left in the pot, so please, eat as much as you like! I’ll join in the competition too!

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment