Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 110

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Extra

Chapter One Hundred and Ten: Elsa and an Invitation

Exorcists did not form close relationships.

That was my master’s motto.

If you get too close, emotions will arise. And if that happened, you wouldn’t be able to remain cold-hearted when the time came.

So, my master used to say that it was important not to get too involved with people beyond necessity. But…

I feel like I’ve gotten quite close with the Great Saint…”

“What are you saying all of a sudden, Sister Elsa?”

My familiar devil Mammon laughed while looking at me. Did I really say anything that funny?

You like Philia, don’t you, Sister? I think humans treasure those kinds of connections, y’know?”

“You devils always act like you know everything, don’t you?”

Feeling slightly annoyed by Mammon’s smug expression, I glanced over the wedding invitation sent by the Great Saint.

“When we first met, I thought we were kindred spirits. The Great Saint seemed to be living with the same loneliness as me. But that wasn’t the case… She has many dear people by her side, and I’m sure she’ll be happy.”

“That’s great, isn’t it? And you know, I think you are one of the important people to Philia too.”

“Huh? You think so?”

If that was the case, it might make me happy. I felt oddly in tune with the Great Saint, and it was comfortable being around her.

If I get the chance to see her again, I’d like to talk leisurely like that once more…

“Hehe, Sister Elsa, you’re showing a cute smile too.”

“Oh be quiet! I’ll shut you up! I’ll slice you!”

“Whoa whoa, stop! Stop it, Sister!”

When I brandished the falchion’s blade at the foolish devil poking fun, he waved his hands frantically.

I really didn’t expect to have this kind of conversation.

“So you’re gonna write a letter back to Philia now, right? Separate from responding to the invite.”

“Yes, I promised I’d contact her once the new Pope is chosen.”

“To think old man Orstra would become pope. Well, it can’t be helped after what that nitwit Henry did.”

As Mammon said, Archbishop Orstra, who had been leading us exorcists, was chosen as Pope through voting. It seemed that our existence would gradually come to light from now on.

An age was coming where even devil hunters, who dwelled in the shadows, would step into the light.

“Hey Sister, is that tiny report all you’re gonna write to Philia? I think you should write more about yourself and stuff. For example… Yes, how about you write about the type of guy you like?”

“Are you kidding me?”

“Hehe, even if it’s a joke, just writing a report feels lonely, you know?”

I glared at Mammon, but the devil smiled deviously, paying me no mind.

I really should just slice him

“Fine. Since it’s almost her wedding, I’ll write to her to take care of her health…”

I sighed and continued writing the letter.

Unlike Alice, I didn’t usually write letters to friends, so this was more trouble than I thought.

But I don’t dislike it.

“Geez Sister, you barely wrote anything about yourself in the end.”

“We can talk about that when we meet face to face.”

“Huh?”

It seemed the new Pope Orstra planned to send greetings to the saints of each nation.

I would use delivering that as an excuse to see the Great Saint again…

I would sneak into her estate and surprise her. Hiding that mischievous intent in my heart, I carefully stored the invitation in my desk drawer.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment