Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Forsaken Saintess and her Foodie Roadtrip in Another World, Chapter 27

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Chapter Twenty-seven: Does Transportation to the Battle Site Fall Within My Duties As Well? Yes, It Does!

The person who sought help—a beastman boy with cat-like ears and a tail—seemed to have reached his limit as he caught sight of us, and he started to collapse right there, but Mr. Ville caught him.

"Xenon!”

"I know! Oh God, have mercyKual Ap!”

Before I knew it, Mr. Xenon was brandishing the slender staff hung at his waist. Along with a few words of incantation, a pale blue light burst from the staff and poured onto the cat boy’s wounds.

Oh, oh wow… magic… healing magic…

The bleeding stops instantly, and the flesh swells up, sealing the wounds.

A-Amazing… I don’t understand the principles, but it’s truly amazing…

Usually with deeper wounds, scars inevitably remain due to the healing process, but here, not even scars remain…

However, while the wounds are healed, it seems like it’s not easy for the stamina to fully recover. Supported by Mr. Ville, the cat boy’s body slumped down.

"Hey, pull yourself together! Where did you come from? Where did you encounter it?!”

"Near… the Big… Lone Cedar… ”

"That area isn’t too deep into the woods! Why would a massive fire bear show up there?!”

"We’ll figure that out later, Ed! Hey, are there others still there?”

"My comrades… the rest of the party is still…!”

Staring intently into the cat boy’s eyes as he half-clung to Mr. Ville’s arm, Mr. Ville spoke. Upon hearing the cat boy’s exhausted words, Mr. Ed let out a scream-like voice.

Eh? What’s with that reaction from Mr. Ed?! Did they encounter something stronger than average?!

And there are still others at that location…!

I can hear Ms. Aria catch her breath as Mr. Ed pulls her closer. Even Mr. Xenon is gripping his staff so tightly his knuckles are white.

…Before I know it, Mr. Ville is looking at me. He is probably thinking the same thing I am.

I nod back in response, and Mr. Ville glances at Ms. Aria, Mr. Ed, and Mr. Xenon, who all silently nod back at him.

Seeing that, Mr. Ville closes his eyes shortly and, upon reopening them, calls out to the cat boy who has managed to stand up despite staggering.

"How many party members were left behind at the location?”

"Th-Three! A grappler, a sorcerer, and a cleric… The party’s name is ‘Lucky Clover’! Please, help us!”

"Understood. You head straight to the Guild and tell them ‘The Gourmands’ is going to conduct a rescue!’”

"Th-thank you!!! I’m forever in your debt!!!”

The cat boy’s face contorted as if he might cry at Mr. Ville’s reply, and then he bowed deeply before bolting off as if struck.

In his tattered equipment, he ran down the Large Highway toward the gate.

Watching his white tail disappear, Mr. Ville takes a deep breath.

"Rin!”

"Got it! Setting vehicle permissions!”

Nodding to the heightened sharpness in his blood-colored eyes, I focus my will to allow the entire party to board. Instantly, everyone except Mr. Ville tensed up, visible at the edge of my vision.

…As expected, no matter the emergency… no, precisely because it’s an emergency, they’d react like that.

"It’s Rin’s skill! Get on! We’re in a hurry!!”

"Rin’s skill? Ville, just what exactly…”

"I told you, didn’t I? I scouted a ‘porter who can cook’ to come along! Now get on! Get on board!”

Even as Mr. Xenon looked bewildered, Mr. Ville patted their backs, pushed their bodies, and practically shoved the three of them into the cabin of Campy. Without watching until the end, I also boarded the driver’s seat and started the engine. Searching the nav system for the Lone Cedar, it instantly set a route—taking the main road in a bit of a roundabout way… But, I suppose time is of the essence. If that’s the case, then probably…

"Let’s go, Rin!”

"Yes! I think going straight through the woods will be faster, so please give me directions!”

"Got it! Taking the shortest route!”

"Roger! Everyone, please hold on tight!”

Responding to Mr. Ville’s words as he leaped into the passenger seat, I realized he was thinking the same thing. If he knew the way, going off-road would be faster than taking the roundabout route!

Calling out to the cabin area separated by a flip-up counter, I pressed down the accelerator as hard as I could.

Perhaps nobody else except for me bothers with the seatbelt, but honestly, I can’t afford to care. After all, in this world, Japanese road traffic laws don’t apply anyway. Glancing briefly behind me, I see that not a single person lost their balance despite the sudden acceleration. As expected of their physical abilities! As long as I don’t make any mistakes and cause an accident, we should be fine.

Following Mr. Ville’s directions, I turn the steering wheel right and left.

Even the sturdy Campy sways heavily at times, unable to fully dampen the momentum. All I can do is pray it won’t break!

"Rin, we’re almost there. Can you open the door while staying on board?”

"Yes, that’s possible!”

"Good… Aria! Once we arrive and Rin opens the door, get the Clover’s members out first! Xenon, immediately start healing them!”

"Got it!”

"Understood!”

"Ed and I will stall the fire bear! Ed, prepare your Phalanx!”

"OK, OK! Leave it to me!”

As Mr. Ville gave instructions to everyone in the cabin, they all firmly acknowledged his orders. The tension in the air was palpable, sending shivers down my spine.

"…Hey, Rin. I did say to keep your abilities hidden, but I’m sorry this kind of situation came up so suddenly. However…”

"Please don’t worry about it, saving lives is the top priority! I’ll hurry as much as I can!”

Mr. Ville furrows his brow slightly and turns a bitter expression towards me.

True to his kind, caring, and highly responsible nature, he is likely feeling remorseful. After all, with today’s gathering request, he had said, "Let’s try it out a few times together first, and if it doesn’t seem to work out, we can consider you leaving. So keep your skills hidden for now…" he seems to worry about ending up with everyone on board before he could really gauge the situation.

But saving someone’s life is infinitely better than letting them die just to keep my abilities hidden! If I let that happen, I’ll surely regret it to the point of death later! Even if this causes trouble for me down the line, or if I end up being taken back to that country, I’ll hold my head high with confidence and pride! Besides, if by any chance I were about to be taken back, I’d jump onto Campy and escape, smashing through castle windows or whatever it takes to get away!

In the first place, I became a medical professional because I wanted to help people! Saving lives is a top priority! Don’t underestimate an acupuncturist!

"…Sorry… If this causes any trouble for you, Rin, I’ll do everything I can to protect you.”

"Please don’t worry about it! For now, let’s focus on rescuing the Clover’s members!”

So let’s not say things like that!

I understand that his words come from a sense of responsibility, and I know he means well, but it’s still not good for my heart!

Suddenly, a scene opens up before me and I stifle the scream that almost escapes. A single large, thick tree. One person lying down, one on the knees, one barely standing. And an unusually large, bear-like beast with fiery red fur like a mane…

Turning the steering wheel sharply while slamming the brakes hard, the screeching brake noise filled the air. The rear of the vehicle swings wildly, unable to kill all its momentum, but manages to stop without hitting anything or anyone.

At the same time, I press the door open/close button on the console, and the cabin door swings wide open, right in line with the fallen person.

"Let’s go! Initiating the operation!”

Mr. Ville, leaping out from the wide-open passenger seat, draws his sword from his waist and dashes forward. Behind him, Mr. Ed follows, his navy cape fluttering in the wind. Unintentionally, almost as if in prayer, I intertwine my fingers, grasping for hope.

Ah… I may not be able to do anything special, but please… please let this go well!

Beyond the window, which cuts off the scenery, the massive red-furred beast lets out an ominous roar.

The translator’s corner

I hate translating names, so I faithfully stole the name "Gourmands" from the manga :D.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

1 comment: