Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 7

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

The chapter 7 of the Saint is out.

Part One, Section One: “The Saint of the kingdom of Parnacota

Chapter Seven (Mia’s POV)

The kingdom of Girtonia had two saints until recently.

One of them was me… and the other one was my elder sister, Philia Adenauer.

Philia was a genius. She possessed knowledge and power essential for a saint that far surpassed mine; she was so perfect that it makes you think there was nothing she couldn’t do.

I could at least cast a barrier. Of course, I might not be as skilled as Philia, but I had been praised for having more power than my retired aunt, the former saint, and my grandmother, the saint before her, so I believe I could demonstrate some decent strength.

What made her remarkable was not only her traditional duties as a saint, but also her research in various other fields, such as developing new medicines, studying the ecology of demons, and promoting agricultural development. She supported the lives of the people as a whole.

I deeply admired Philia, and when her engagement to the second prince of this country, His Highness Julius, was announced I was overjoyed to the point of leaping with happiness.

The reason for my heartfelt joy was that I firmly believed that with my exceptional sister becoming the future queen, the country would be secure and stable.

And yet…

One day, my sister disappeared from the country. Without telling me anything, she suddenly became a saint of the neighboring kingdom, Parnacota.

When I asked our parents about the matter, they only said that she had decided to go to the neighboring country on her own.

But from what I had heard, when the kingdom of Parnacota lost its saint, they offered an enormous amount of money and resources in exchange, buying my sister from Girtonia.

Our parents remained silent, but unbelievably, they seemed to have accepted a substantial amount of money.

Our father immediately started talking to the most renowned architect in the capital to buy a grand mansion, while our mother was splurging on jewelry and luxurious clothing.

When they asked if there was something I wanted, I struggled to hold back the nausea.

Why did you go away on your own, Sis…? How can Mom and Dad be so okay with you being gone…?

I admit she had always been ambitious and dedicated to her training since I could remember. Maybe she was not as attached to the family as I thought, and that was why our mother and our father seemed unaffected by her leaving…

I simply couldn’t fathom how they could just hand her over like that, after all the hard work she put in for the sake of the country as a saint. They might say they were sad or lonely, but it felt like they become completely different people, and it scared me

It seemed very strange. Did my sister really go to the neighboring country of her own accord…? Besides, she was already engaged to the prince, so if such an offer was made, shouldn’t it have been directed at me, who was still free…?

That’s right. The prince expressed reluctance about the idea of selling off his beloved fiancée to the neighboring country. He tearfully spoke about prioritizing the future of the nation over his own happiness… and how it was a decision made with a heavy heart.

He may know the circumstances behind how Sis became a saint of the neighboring country.

Today, the prince would be present at the celebration of my and Philia’s father becoming a marquis. I plan to seize the opportunity and ask him about the truth.

If it turned out that Philia went to Parnacota completely of her own will, I wouldn’t say anything. I would swear to become a saint like her and dedicate myself to the country, endure the loneliness, and work hard.

I wanted to believe in our parents, but I couldn’t just ignore this cloud of suspicion.

So, I was supposed to approach the prince and ask him questions…

But before that… Prince Julius said to me

Mia Adenauer… Would you consider becoming my wife? Your charm and beauty make you truly deserving of being my wife…”

Just a few days after breaking off his engagement with Philia, Prince Julius proposed to me, her younger sister.

What does this mean…? Could it be that Sis

Instead of dissolving the confusion, the turmoil inside me only grew bigger, leaving my mind in disarray. What were you thinking, Your Highness…? This sudden turn of events left me with a blank mind…

◆ ◆ ◆

Prince Julius, my sister’s former fiancé, proposed to me at the party.

Normally, proposing to another woman just a few days after losing a beloved fiancée seemed quite inappropriate, didn’t it? And to make matters worse, he proposed to me, his former fiancée’s sister.

Dis Sis felt despair and disappeared because of that…? No, she looked confident…

If the prince hadn’t been my sister’s ex-fiancé, there might have been a possibility of considering his proposal positively, but… I honestly didn’t want to marry someone who came out with such a proposition at this timing.

But…

Prince Julius might hold the key to the truth behind Philia’s departure to the neighboring country.

In addition, our parents had always longed to establish a close relationship with the Royal Family; I remember them mentioning it when Philia informed us about her engagement. It felt strange that our parents appeared unfazed when bidding farewell to Philia, considering the opportunity they lost to become related to the Royal Family. They didn’t even mention a word about it.

Could it be that our parents knew about the proposal from the prince?

Anyway, I need to find out the truth and to do that, I have to somehow get the prince to talk. I need to get closer to him and investigate…

“… Let me think about it for some time, please. My beloved elder sister, whom I deeply admire, had recently left for a neighboring country, so marriage is the furthest thing from my mind right now. I’m grateful that you approached me with your feelings, but…”

I lied. I wasn’t even the slightest bit pleased about Prince Julius’s proposal; in fact, I found it repulsive.

Nevertheless, at this moment, it was evident that incurring his displeasure would be unwise, considering the truth I was aware of. Therefore, I had to kill a part of myself and be in touch with him.

Of course, accepting his marriage proposal readily wouldn’t be wise either. I needed to keep him in suspense, make him lose his composure, and extract the desired information…

I might not be skilled in negotiations, but if it meant getting a clear answer about Philia, I would even become as fierce as a demon.

If you think I’m always smiling and cheerful, then you are gravely mistaken…

“I see. I understand that you have a lot of respect for your sister. It seems I acted rashly. Your sister was a magnificent saint. The word ‘perfect’ truly suits her, and I feel unworthy in comparison.”

I believe my sister would be pleased to hear that from you, Your Highness.”

The prince easily withdrew. Though I tried to hide it, he might have sensed my discomfort.

But his approach didn’t end with that.

“In that case… how about we forget about the engagement talk for now and go out for some fun? I want you to get to know me better.”

The prince invited me on a date, his gaze trailing up and down my body as if savoring every inch.

I silently nodded in agreement. If I could get close to himI might be able to discover the truth.

Unaware of my feelings, he smiled broadly and waved as he walked away from me. Was Philia truly loved by him…? My doubts and suspicions had deepened significantly.

“Hahaha, Mia! I heard the news. His Highness Julius proposed to you, didn’t he? And I’m guessing you said yes, right?”

The father approached me with a cheerful smile and began to speak after the party.

It was indeed strange. To be able to laugh at such an absurd proposal… it didn’t make sense.

“No, Father. Considering Sister Philia’s situation as well… Marriage is out of the question for me right now.”

I told him that I had put Prince Julius’s marriage proposal on hold. Suddenly, the father’s eyes grew sharp the moment I brought up my sister’s name. However, it was just a brief moment. He quickly put on a smile.

“I see, I see. It was indeed too soon, especially considering that girl had just left. However, Philia has also embarked on a new life as a saint of the neighboring country. I believe she wishes for the happiness of her beloved sister.”

Philia started a new life…? As a saint, she has achieved more than anyone in history, she was even engaged to a prince… And when she was about to reach the peak of her happiness, everything fell apart…

Even so, the father seemed mostly unaffected, displaying his usual demeanor with just a hint of unease.

I plan to investigate Prince Julius further and gather as much information as I can from the father. It’s true, being a good girl won’t be enough… I need to be cunning, deceive them skillfully, make them lower their guard, and then…

From that day on, I decided to seriously investigate why it was allowed to break my sister’s engagement and sell her to the neighboring country.

Meeting with Prince Julius multiple times, enduring unwanted dates… and seizing opportunities when the parents were absent to search for information in the house…

Nevertheless, I also had to do a lot of work as a saint, and the number of demons had been unusually high lately.

I was sure if Philia had been here, she would have discovered the cause.

Sis, can you at least send me a letter…

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, I'm glad that Mia isn't secretly a scheming asshole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good girl Mia! I'm tired of Authors piting siblings against each other, blood is thicker than a scum-of-a-trolls-backside-douchebag-ditch-water-logged-brain prince!

    ReplyDelete
  3. why did the king allow the prince to sell there saint ?

    ReplyDelete