Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Forsaken Saintess and her Foodie Roadtrip in Another World, Chapter 100

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Chapter One Hundred: The Night at the Tavern Deepens

“First things first. Let’s drink and feast tonight to pray for a safe journey!”

““Cheers!””

As the western sky turned orange, we gathered at the familiar Wildcat Pavilion and raised our glasses with Mr. Ville’s shout. Mr. Ville and Mr. Ed had ale, and Mr. Xenon and Ms. Aria had wine. As for me, I’m having berry fruit water. The fruit water at the Wildcat Pavilion is all delicious! I wanted to try them all…

It isn’t exactly three quick drinks in a row, but after quenching our thirst with our respective beverages, we all glance at the table menu and the daily specials on the wall. The menu at the Wildcat Pavilion doesn’t have pictures, of course, but it supposedly has simple descriptions under each dish name…

Well, you know… I can’t read the letters of this world… But it’s not much of a problem because everyone explains with sparkling eyes, "This dish is like this!”

Yes, yes… there’s something about looking at a menu that really stirs the imagination, making it so much fun… What kind of dishes will come out, what will they taste like…? I could look at it forever, really.

“Let’s order the rainbow longtail soup. The one here at the Wildcat Pavilion is superb.”

“Oh! They have kerria salmon today! Let’s order the carpaccio!”

“Fry! Let’s get some fry too!”

Rin. They seem to have curse shrimps, do you want some?”

“Yes, I’ll have that!”

As everyone suggested this and that while sipping their drinks, Mr. Ville offered these blessed words…!

Curse shrimps are that thing! The shrimp that was in the random fry I ate before! That was delicious…! Without hesitation, I immediately agree and glance at the dishes other diners are eating. I know it’s not polite, but since I can’t read, I can’t help but be curious about the actual dishes people are eating…

Hmm… that roast bird the merchant group over there is eating… that looks delicious too… The oven in the Camping Car seems quite large, maybe I could make it? But rather than a whole roast, soy-braised chicken might be less likely to fail.

I, I…’

I’m ordering your portion too, so don’t meow-meow.”

Gomamiso curled up on top of my foot and lifted its head as I searched for recipes in my mind. Although the Wildcat Pavilion allows familiars, they can’t be placed on chairs, so Gomamiso is waiting at my feet. They say there’s a menu for familiars too, so I’ll order from that as well. Probably just meat boiled or grilled without seasoning, I guess.

When Gomamiso put its paw on my thigh, stretching and meowing, I playfully made a circle with my fingers around its mouth… A voluptuous cat-beastwoman waitress came over with a tray in one hand. It must be the skewers we ordered when we first sat down since they take time to prepare. Sure enough, the waitress, carrying a plate full of perfectly grilled meat, fish, and other skewers, bats her long eyelashes and winks…

“Here you go, sorry to keep you waiting♪ Random grilled skewers and additional drinks☆”

What came out of those glamorously painted lips was a voice that sounded veeeery alcohol-worn…

…So it wasn’t a waitress but a waiter…

Looking closely, it’s more of a muscular, gutsy "mother" type rather than plump, and her eyes fall on Gomamiso.

“Oh my☆ Aren’t you with a cutie? Is this your familiar, sister?”

‘Eh… eh? M-Me? Am I… cute…?’

“Yes, it’s my familiar. Lucky you, Gomamiso. She said you’re cute!”

‘Right? Right? I’m cute, aren’t I?’

For a brief moment, Gomamiso was intimidated by the big sister, ears drooping, but the word “cute” made it react instantly. When I agree with the big sister, Gomamiso’s ears immediately perk up. It then sidles up to the big sister’s feet, showing off its best smug face. And the big sister’s eyes melt at the sight.

Even though she’s a cat person herself, she like cats too, huh?

She looked like she wanted to pet Gomamiso, but perhaps realizing it’s not appropriate during her waitstaff duties, the big sister reluctantly returns to the kitchen. Even though she’s wearing a uniform, the big sister is a long-haired type too, so I think one pet for Gomamiso would have been fine. But maybe it’s about the spirit of a professional?

That’s so cool… that sense of having a firm core!

‘Hey, that person from earlier is nice! I’ve been told I’m cute!’

“The way she resisted her desires and fulfilled her duty was really admirable. If it were me, I might have given in to the temptation and petted you… Oh!?”

“Cat temptations are good, but how about this temptation? If you don’t hurry, it’ll be gone.”

“Huh? Oh, thank you very much… Wait!? There’s only half left!?”

As I was reacting to Gomamiso’s murmured opinion while it groomed itself at my feet, a meat skewer was suddenly thrust in front of me. Mr. Ville had handed it to me. Before I knew it, more than half of the assorted grilled skewers that had just arrived were already in everyone’s stomachs. If Mr. Ville hadn’t secured this for me, would it have been all gone…?

For now, I want to quickly finish this skewer and hopefully get one more…! As I blow on the steaming meat skewer, I stare intently at the remaining skewers on the plate.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment