Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Forsaken Saintess and her Foodie Roadtrip in Another World, Chapter 65

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Chapter Sixty-five: Eating Food And Getting A Good Night’s Rest Will Make You Feel Better!

"Rin, are you hurt?!”

"N-No, I’m okay! I was able to take refuge in the Camping Car before getting injured!”

While driving his greatsword into the severed white robot’s head, which was still giving off electrical arcing sounds, Mr. Ville shouted, still visibly angry. As I peered out from the open door in a crawling position, everyone at the front lines seemed to relax with relief.

"Thank goodness you’re unharmed. You must have been scared, right?”

"Well, it just suddenly appeared out of nowhere, and it was the first time I’d seen or been shot at with a beam like that, so it was more surprising than scary.”

"The activation condition for those magical automatons must have been entering within a certain radius.”

As the rearguard, Mr. Xenon, who was closest, peeked into the vehicle. He gently took my hand and helped me up. Moreover, he assisted me when I was stepping out of the Camping CarI should have felt excited about being treated like a princess by a handsome man, which had never happened before, but as someone used to assist clients getting up from the floor or going up and down stairs, I just felt grateful to be helped…

Mr. Xenon’s kindness was truly touching.

"Rin! You’re okay?!”

"Guh!”

"I failed… at detection! You must’ve been so scared?”

"N-No, I’m fi… ghk!”

"Oh, hey, Aria. Let go of Rin, she’s getting squashed. Rin, you did a great job escaping!”

Before I could respond, Ms. Aria dashed over at lightning speed and immediately embraced me with that same momentum. The impact, despite her slender frame, made me let out a frog-like croak. Then came the usual asphyxiation combo of having my face smooshed into her immodest chest while she squeezed me tightly.

Mr. Ed was the one who gently separated us with an approving thumb-up and smile. Even though we’re both girls, he probably doesn’t like seeing his beloved wife hugging someone else.

But judging by everyone’s reactions, it seems my decision to escape to the Camping Car wasn’t wrong.

"RinI was a bit too lax. I’m sorry for putting you through that ordeal.”

"No, no. Since I ended up unharmed in the end, all’s well that ends well!”

Cradling what was likely some drop items—a shiny silver lump—Mr. Ville lowered his head gloomily. No, no, no! How could we have known the radius that would trigger them on the first encounter? The moment I noticed the anomaly, he immediately gave instructions out of concern for me, so I have no complaints! Yup. I don’t have any complaints, but the atmosphere around me feels heavy. Everyone seems to be somewhat caught in self-reflection.

Um, I’m totally fine, you guys. Rather, I’m grateful for everyone’s capable hands, keeping an utter dungeon newbie like me safe and sound in the middle of an expedition… Seeing everyone looking so apologetic just makes me feel awful…

…Hmm… how can I dispel this gloomy mood…?

"…Hey, you all must be getting hungry by now, right? Since we took care of the enemies, this area seems safe enough. Why don’t we eat something?”

"…F-Food…!”

"I think the premium meat should be at the right temperature by now.”

"Ah, that meat…!”

"If I recall, it was quite a thick, substantial cut of meat. What kind of dish will it become, I wonder?”

“Steak and roast beef… the trimmings could be minced for a shepherd’s pie or croquettes maybe?”

If there’s one thing that can lift the spirits of my fellow gluttons, it’s talking about food!

Perhaps a bit too deliberately, I brought up the idea of a meal. Ms. Aria’s face lit up first, which in turn coaxed out a soft smile from Mr. Ed.

Following that, I casually mentioned that premium cut of meat, which brought a glimmer of life back to the downcast Leader Ville’s crimson eyes. Even the ever-gentle Mr. Xenon’s smile seemed to become more intense.

Ah, good! Their energy seems to be coming back a bit.

I can’t speak for others, but a glutton like me have a weakness for delicious food…

The distortion in magical power seem to have dissipated, though the scenery hasn’t changed at all. I can’t tell if this wasn’t the "main" one, or if it’s because we haven’t destroyed all four distortions, but at least Survival’s detection isn’t showing any red warning alerts in this area.

If we eat here and rest, everyone should regain their energy, right?

No matter how down you feel, eating something tasty and sleeping it off really does cure what ails you!

"Why don’t we take a small break here to regain our vigor? Leave the cooking to me!”

I deepened my smile and clenched my fist, as if tempting some lost little lambs.

Someone audibly gulped.

Victory is mine, oh wicked temptress of the belly!

Prompted by that gulp and the rumbling of someone’s stomach, we all exchanged glances and broke out into laughter together.

…Yup, alright! The gloom has lifted!

After waving off Mr. Ed and Ms. Aria, who ran off hand-in-hand to search for additional ingredients, and Mr. Xenon, who said he would set up a basic barrier just in case…

Mr. Ville, could you lend me a hand with the prep work? I’d love some side dishes too…”

I can slash enemies, but ingredients…”

“Don’t worry! It’s nothing too difficult!”

Just some simple tasks like peeling vegetables or mincing scraps of meat, so it shouldn’t be too much trouble.

Now, how should I cook that premium meat…?

Well, I think it’ll be delicious no matter what!

I nodded firmly to Mr. Ville, who looked anxious, and began to review the cooking steps in my mind.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment