Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 9

Previous chapter Index Next chapter
To celebrate my first patron, there's an extra chapter today.

Part One, Section One: “The Saint of the kingdom of Parnacota

Chapter Nine

“What kind of solution are you referring to…?”

Prince Oswald asked me how to protect the country.

The solution to effectively handle a large-scale invasion of demons was the most extensive spell I had learned.

I will deploy a ‘Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle’ across the entire kingdom. In simple terms, the whole Parnacota will be in the magic circle, significantly weakening demons that will try to enter the country from outside.”

It was a magic that specialized in weakening demons. Although this circle couldn't prevent intrusion, demons that entered inside would lose their power and could be easily exterminated. And the risk for the soldiers engaging in demon extermination would be almost close to zero.

Nevertheless, there was one problem…

“To deploy this magic circle across the entire kingdom of Parnacota, I must be within a 10-kilometer radius from the center of the country. In other words, I won’t be able to move too far away from the capital.”

That’s why I hesitated to use this spell.

Being unable to move away from the capital would impose significant limitations on my saintly duties. I wouldn’t be able to gather herbs, tend to croplands, and perform other tasks I used to do routinely.

It would be natural for the people of this country to be dissatisfied if the saint, brought in at great cost, would suddenly stop working.

On top of that… I will not be able to return to Girtonia.

If Mia could prepare in advance and coordinate with the skilled soldiers of Girtonia, they might be able to withstand the situation. But it still worried me. However, being a saint of this country, I thought I should make a proposal that would ensure the safety of the kingdom of Parnacota. There was a significant drawback of being confined to the capital, so it remains uncertain whether this proposal would be accepted.

“… I see. That makes sense. You have been working too hard, so this might give you a chance to rest, right? But wait… could it be that maintaining this spell requires a tremendous amount of effort?”

“No, once it’s activated, it doesn’t tire me out. The only limitation is that my range of movement is restricted to the core of the magic circle.”

Prince Oswald remarked that it would be good for me to have some rest.

This was a common feature in most spells; once activated, they only required a gradual supply of magic, so there were minimal physical drawbacks.

For some reason, the people of this country often told me to take a rest. But since there wasn’t much to do during my breaks, it became a source of stress instead…

What should I do…? Once the magic circle is activated, I might end up having too much free time…

And thus, I started preparing to construct the “Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle”.

◆ ◆ ◆

“…Alright, everything is ready.”

I installed sixteen Pillars of Light at the specified points along the border and arranged paper talismans soaked in my blood.

Lastly, I would chant an ancient incantation atop the pedestal in this royal capital’s church… and then offer a prayer to the gods.

“To unfold such a magnificent ancient ritual with such skill… It was indeed the right decision to propose inviting you to our kingdom, Ms. Philia!”

As I prepared to offer my prayers and move towards the pedestal, a strikingly handsome man with long, lustrous golden hair walked into the church.

As the tall slender man with a mole under his eye approached, the church personnel all lowered their heads in deference.

Your Highness Reinhardt! You should have told us in advance you were coming, and we would have had everything ready for you.”

After Bishop Bjorn’s words, I realized that he was His Highness Reinhardt, the crown prince of the kingdom of Parnacota.

He was the older brother of Prince Oswald.

“Apologies for not making an appointment, Bishop Bjorn. I’ve been intending to greet you for a while, Ms. Philia. I’m delighted to finally meet the esteemed saint that I’ve heard so much about.”

“Um, no, I am not that great. I-I am truly honored to be acknowledged by you.”

He gracefully smiled and extended his hand for a handshake.

It was surprising how different he and Prince Oswald behaved, despite being brothers.

Having finished greeting him, I activated the ritual to deploy the “Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle” as planned.

With this, my range of movement would be significantly restricted for a while.

Mia should have received the letter by now. It’s frustrating that I can’t help, but please hurry and prepare for the emergency.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

3 comments:

  1. Nobody mentioned how long the magic circle would have to remain active? We talking months or years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. why are the kings of the nation never in these story's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. where are the kings and queens ? what are they doing? please put in more detail

    ReplyDelete