Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Forsaken Saintess and her Foodie Roadtrip in Another World, Chapter 93

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Hello, everyone. Today is exactly one year since I started translating. To celebrate it, here are some extra chapters :).

Chapter Ninety-three: Bombshell Statement!

As usual, we set up camp a little away from the main gate as I deployed the Camping Car. Everyone promised to gather at the Camping Car this evening for dinner together! By the way, tomorrow we plan to splurge at the Wildcat Pavilion for a send-off party before our journey. The thought of eating out is so exciting…!

“Alright! If I freeze about half of this, it’ll be convenient for meals during our trip!”

“In a way, this is quite a spectacle!”

Both Mr. Ville and I were amazed at the mountain of fried food towering on the sink’s workspace. They’re all about the size of skewered meat… slightly larger than bite-sized, but given that I used almost all the raw ingredients from the fridge, the height of the mountain is extraordinary… Well, someone might say "What are you talking about, you made it yourself," but I get so absorbed while cooking that I lose track of how much I’ve made… and the realization hits hard afterward… Moreover, Mr. Ville was taking care of Gomamiso, who kept fussing "Leave the fish to me! Leave it!", so I could focus on cooking without interruptions. That only intensified my immersion…

Still, I never thought I’d end up grating the baguette left in the corner of the fridge to make fresh breadcrumbs just because I wanted to eat some fried food…! But thanks to that, I was able to coat all the ingredients in breadcrumbs! I even changed plans for the cockatrice meat that was supposed to be “deep-fried chicken” and decided to make it into “chicken fry” instead. It would have been troublesome if just one item had a different process…

“But still, was it okay to use everything up?”

“Yes. Quick cooking is justice, and our party often gets raw meat drops, so I thought there’s no need to be stingy…”

“Oh… I can’t argue with that…”

Mr. Ville glanced at the now-empty fridge, devoid of raw meat and fresh fish, and looked at me anxiously… but I believe it’s better off empty anyway, so there’s no problem. The reason is that our party picks up too much meat.

Based on what happened in that dungeon, I suspect our party drops more meat than I imagined… Come to think of it, we got meat even in my first battle experience, and we’ve encountered various edible monsters and magical creatures during gathering… so I’m assuming we can procure meat-related items on-site.

As a result, the processed meat I bought is almost untouched. I still have root vegetables that I bought for the dungeon expedition, so for this trip, I might only need to purchase some perishables like leafy greens and fruits.

“Rather, it might be good to have things like sesame seeds or spices that can be used as add-ons to change the flavor on the spot.”

“Oh, right. You mentioned we didn’t have those.”

“If the taste changes, you can eat the same menu without getting bored, so it’s really convenient.”

For example, even if you drink consomme-based soup every day, you can add curry powder to make it curry-flavored one day, add sesame for a nutty flavor another day, or add ketchup for a tomato soup-like taste… That way, you won’t think "This soup again…”

As I wrap the portions for freezing, I quickly glance up at the spice box on the hanging shelf. I have most of the major spices, but there might be unique spices or condiments specific to this other world!

“Well, the main question is whether our trip will even be long enough to warrant more shopping in the first place.”

“…As for me, I hope it will be long enough to necessitate that… I understand in my head that we need to talk with that person, but when it comes to actually going…”

“Ah… You did seem a bit reluctant during yesterday’s discussion…”

Mr. Ville’s face, which had been in a good mood while petting Gomamiso until now, suddenly clouded over…. I don’t want to pry too much since I don’t know the circumstances, but I really wonder what’s going on… Even the usually thick-skinned Gomamiso seems to have sensed the change in Mr. Ville, looking up at him with curious, yet somewhat worried eyes as his hand stopped petting.

Mr. Ville’s bowed head slowly rises in response to Gomamiso’s insistent head-pushing, and his strawberry-colored eyes meet mine.

“…It’s… my older brother…”

“…Your… older brother…”

“Yes. A half-brother.”

“Oof!”

I couldn’t help but let out a strange sound. So the cause was that they’re brothers! And surprisingly, half-brothers at that…! N-No wonder he’s reluctant to go… I never expected such a bombshell to drop here, Mr. Ville!

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment