Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Forsaken Saintess and her Foodie Roadtrip in Another World, Chapter 107

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Chapter One Hundred and Seven: Curry and Rice Are Like a Drink When Paired Together

I turn around after plating the spiced curry stir-fry, now creamy and fluffy with the addition of soft-boiled eggs, to find the table already completely set.

The plates are out, drinks are prepared… everyone is so kind…

I place the spiced curry stir-fry dish, serve rice to everyone, and the meal service is complete!

"Alright, sorry for the wait! Shall we eat?”

"Milk trout, huh… I’m not sure if ‘nostalgic’ is the right word, but it feels like it’s been a while since I’ve eaten this…”

"I understand… It hasn’t been long enough to call it nostalgic, but our days have been so eventful that… well…”

As I took my seat, I couldn’t help but agree with Mr. Ville’s words as he looked at the spiced curry stir-fry with a sense of deep emotion.

It’s true, we’ve been through a lot…! But for now, I think it’s more important to eat before it gets cold than to talk about it…

"This fish holds a lot of memories for us, but let’s eat before it gets cold!”

"That’s true… I’m grateful to have food again today.”

"Bless this bounty I’m about to consume.”

"Itadakimasu!”

Everyone utters their pre-meal prayers and picks up their cutlery. I also put my hands together and pick up my chopsticks. As a Japanese person who doesn’t mind pouring things over rice, I pour the spiced curry stir-fry, now nicely thickened with soft-boiled eggs, over the pure white freshly cooked rice. The bright yellow slowly melts into the glossy, perfectly shaped white grains…

"De-licious! Rin, this isn’t just good, it’s delicious!”

"Yes! It’s got both flavor and richness! And the soft-boiled egg just adds to it…!”

"Milk trout is so tasty!”

As they dished out food to each other, Ms. Aria and Mr. Ed’s eyes sparkled as they joyfully shouted their praise.

But really, this is delicious!

The cooked, plump fish flesh had absorbed moisture, making it fluffy and soft. The spice flavor seeps into every fiber, but after swallowing, the scent of the milk trout lingers in my mouth. However, it’s not a "fishy smell," but rather a "flavor." The sweetness of the onions, the richness of the added milk, the oil used for frying, and the kick from the spices nicely complement what was lost to the eggs, resulting in a very delicious spiced stir-fry overall.

"The salt-grilled and carpaccio versions back then were delicious, but this stir-fry is tasty too!”

"It’s my first time trying spiced stir-fry with fish like this, and surprisingly, it goes well.”

Mr. Ville and Mr. Xenon, engaged in a fierce battle over the food, nodded and smiled at each other.

Well, it seems to be well-received, which is the best thing for the cook!

The creamy roux part clings to the rice and melts softly in the mouth. The spice mix includes chili pepper, so it is spicy, but thanks to the soft-boiled egg neutralizing it, it becomes a moderate heat that just stimulates the tongue, driving me to keep eating more and more. The cooked onions have become sweeter, further enhancing the pleasant spiciness. Of course, I think it’s because the milk trout itself still has umami that it can stand up to the spices and onions.

"…Come to think of it, we found a mad otter’s nest along the way. Did anything unusual happen?”

"Ah… well, that mad otter or whatever showed up earlier, but Ms. Aria and Gomamiso took care of it, so we’re all unharmed. We got some meat as a drop item, so it’ll be dinner!”

“Ah, dinner… right…”

Mr. Ville, having emptied his plate, suddenly brings up the topic. I raise my voice, cutting off Ms. Aria who was about to speak. It might be a bit rude, but I have to prevent any scolding! In the end, we’re all safe, and we’ll all be more careful from now on, so all’s well that ends well, right?

At my sudden declaration, Mr. Ville’s eyes widen, and he frowns very suspiciously. Without lying, I give a brief explanation to him and proudly puff out my chest.

"…I see, so something did happen… Why don’t you tell me all about it later…”

Those strawberry-colored eyes gleam with a dull light as he stares intently at me!

Huh? That’s strange… I thought I had covered it up well…

"Rin, you are really bad at keeping secrets, aren’t you?”

"You totally failed to hide the fact that there’s more to the story.”

"Rin… We really need to… say these things properly.”

To think I’d be called out by everyone like this…! Maybe I need to train a bit more…?

Averting my eyes from the eight eyes that seem to say "You’re bad at covering things up", I quietly serve another helping of the spiced curry stir-fry onto the plate…

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment