Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 1

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Hello, everyone. It’s my first time translating into English. I love reading Japanese light and web novels, but lately, there have been a lot of poor translations. So I decided to try translating myself. Japanese or English is not my native language, so my translations might not be good either, haha. But at least to improve the clarity of the text, I've added some enhancements. Of course, you can disable them, to do so, set the left slider at the top to 0.

Anyway, I've decided to translate “The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom”. It’s a typical but interesting story about an overly serious saintess who was unjustly wronged. It has a manga adaptation, by the way.

The first five chapters will be released today, and then the schedule will be three chapters per week for now: Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.

If you have any questions, ask them in the comments below the chapter.

P.S. A few tips about the enhancements. Each important character has a different color, some characters have their portraits in the dialogs, and some terms are underlined with dots. If you click on a colored word, a dotted underlined word, or a portrait, an information panel will appear.

Part One, Prologue Section

Chapter One

You are charmless. You are not friendly. You are too serious and uninteresting. That was what I’d been told my whole life.

I had to be able to do something more than an average person, or I would not be able to get married, which was why my parents forced me into a Spartan education.

In addition to sorcery and martial arts, I had to learn ancient and modern culture, etiquette, and so on… That was a lot to do.

Moreover, my family was a family of saints for generations, so in addition to these, I had been trained to become a perfect saint since childhood.

I was left alone in snowy mountains in winter and made to live for a month there, was buried in a desert, and slept on a pile of needles… By pushing myself physically and mentally to the point of insanity… I gained the virtue of a saint.

I worked hard to achieve perfection in everything I did.

And thanks to that, I had been evaluated as having the highest power among the saints of all time and become engaged to His Highness Julius, the second prince of our kingdom.

On the day the engagement was arranged, I was praised for the first time by my parents. As a family of saints, we were valued in the country, but they were happy to get close to royalty.

I truly believed that my parents had finally recognized me… that all my hard work had paid off… that I had found happiness…

“As I thought, if you’re too perfect, you lose your human kindness, or perhaps I should say, your charm. As a saint, all you have to do is pray, and your abilities are irrelevant.”

One day I was called by Prince Julius, and he said that to me.

If anything, I wanted perfection precisely because I lacked charm.

“In that regard, your younger sister Mia is better than you. She is cute, charming, and has a kind of… beauty that makes you want to protect her.”

I had a sister who was one year younger than me. Her name was Mia, and unlike me, she was the very picture of innocence and was a very cute child… Our parents raised her with care.

She is also talented and powerful enough to be a saint… I’m very proud of my little sister.

I’m sure Mia will be pleased to hear that. She admires you, Your Highness.”

“Yes, I know. That’s why I’m going to marry her.”

You’re going to marry… Mia? What does that mean? You are engaged to me

“Um, Your Highness, is Mia aware of that?”

“No, I haven’t told her yet. However, at the previous party, she listened to my stories with a beautiful smile on her face. It’s obvious that she likes me. Besides, your parents are apparently more interested in Mia’s happiness than yours. They told me to break off the engagement by all means and get engaged to your sister.”

If she wants to marry you, Your Highness, I would consider stepping aside. However, if her intentions are unknown, I can’t simply accept what you say.

I somehow always understood that our parents cared more about Mia than me. Nevertheless, Mia was innocent, and she cared about me, so… I wanted her to be happy too.

“But, you know. There’s just one thing that’s bothering me.”

“What is it?”

“Well, even though you are a dull girl, Mia adores you as her older sister. And I don’t want anything holding her back.”

Yes, Mia certainly wasn’t the kind of person who would have taken my fiancé away from me just to make herself happy.

She is a girl with a pure heart, so even if she has a liking for you, Your Highness, she wouldn’t say that openly.

“So, you see, it seems that a potential saint in the neighboring kingdom of Parnacota has died suddenly. They want a replacement. They have approached me, expressing their desire to acquire someone as excellent as you, who is renowned as the best saint of all time, even if it means paying a national budget’s worth of gold and resources.”

“Huh!? W-What does that mean?”

I had heard a rumor that there were no more saints in Parnacota. However, I have never heard of anything like exchanging me as if I am some kind of slave.

You are indeed slow-witted… Your parents happily agreed to offer you to the neighboring country for the sake of the nation. By reluctantly letting go of my fiancée for the benefit of this country and the neighboring one, the support for the Royal Family will also increase… You, too, will be cherished as the only saint in the neighboring country. Everyone will be happy.”

Everyone will be happy…? Will I be happy too…?

Also, the number of demons was increasing, especially around this country, and I had a feeling that something bad was about to happen.

“That’s ridiculous.”

When I tried to explain this to him, the prince got angry.

You always speak in such an arrogant tone, as if you are the sole protector of the nation. Philia Adenauer, our engagement is hereby terminated. You will be sent to the neighboring country. This is a final decision.”

My parents, the prince, and even His Majesty the King turned against me; my homeland sold me to the neighboring country almost as if I was banished.

But I am more worried about my sister Mia than the future of this country.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

5 comments:

  1. Uwaaah! Finally there's a translation of this novel. I already read a few chapter of the manga version (and sadly there's no continuation of that since 5 months ago 😢) And not just that, you also make it in nice form so we can be easily know who said what. Thank you very berry much 😆❤️💐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words :). I liked the manga too, which is why I decided to translate the novel.

      Delete
  2. The links to click being colored is really distracting. A fancy level 0, bu with still clickable links would probably be the combination of usefull and not obstructive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, done. For now, I'll make the characters clickable even in "fancy level 0". But maybe sometime in the future (far future) I'll just add a "make clickable" checkbox.

      Delete
  3. This is amazing and so detailed! . In many of such novels, I get so confused who is speaking to whom. With that detail everything is clear! Thank you very much. I highly appreciate your devotion and support you with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete