Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 100

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part Three, Section Four: “Vows of Love in a Foreign Land”

Chapter One Hundred

"Hmm. Tripping after being barked at by a dog. Pay 10,000 rild, huh? I’m unlucky today.”

"It’s my turn to roll the dice now… It’s three.”

After finishing practice on the Divine Spells, I was enjoying a board game with Prince Oswald and Lina. Checking the roll of the dice, I moved my carriage, which represented my avatar.

"A career change? I’ve switched to being a cook…”

“What’s with that gloomy face?”

“Well, if I became a cook, I feel the restaurant would go out of business.”

It was a game, so I understood that it was fun and exciting to be in a profession that was so far removed from reality, but of all things, I had to get the job I was especially poor at.

I thought as long as it wasn’t a cooking job I could somehow manage…

"Thaaat won’t happen! Even if you became a cook, Lady Philia, you’d manage just fine! Last time you didn’t completely burn the cookies!”

"But they were still raw on the inside.”

"It’s definite progress!”

Was it really progress? Instead of feeling discouraged and challenged, I couldn’t help but feel pathetic as Lina enthusiastically coached me, yet I didn’t seem to be improving at all.

I wanted to become able to cook properly someday to reward her hard work.

"But, leaving Lady Philia aside… I can somehow imagine His Highness Oswald as a shepherd.”

"You think so? For some reason, I feel like it suits me too.”

"I can just see you with a blade of grass in your mouth.”

Prince Oswald was playing the role of a shepherd in the board game. Surprisingly, I found it easy to accept as well. Maybe it was because of his robust physique and the extensive time he spent outdoors farming.

"So, next is―”

"Lady Philia, you have a guest.”

"Oh, Lady Elsa…?”

"Sister Philia!”

"Mia!?”

I was surprised. I didn’t expect Mia to come all the way from the kingdom of Girtonia. She rushed towards me from behind Leonardo and took hold of both my hands, showing me a lovely smile.

Did she come all the way here because she was worried about me?

"Sis, I can’t believe it. Why didn’t you consult me? When I heard you might become Pope… I was so worried, you know.”

"You were worried about me?”

"Obviously! I know you’ve always wanted to live happily with His Highness Oswald in Parnacota!”

“…”

Um, wait a minute. Isn’t she saying some really embarrassing things in front of His Highness OswaldThis girl

Of course, what Mia said was true, but having my sister express my feelings made me feel extremely abashed.

"M-Mia. Anyway, I’m glad to see you. Thank you for coming.”

"Of course. You came to help me when I was suffering the most. Now it’s my turn to help you, Sis.”

"Thank you. But how did you know I was here?”

How did Mia in Girtonia know I was in the kingdom of Dalbhat?

I kept quiet so as not to cause her unnecessary worry, so it made me curious.

"I heard it from His Highness Reinhardt. He asked me to help you two.”

"What!? My brother did!? Is that true!?”

Hearing Mia’s words, Prince Oswald stood up in surprise.

I was shocked that Prince Reinhardt requested Mia’s assistance as well. After all, Prince Reinhardt’s stance was that he wouldn’t allow us to corner Archbishop Henry.

Sending Mia to help meant the prince surely…

Sister Philia, His Highness Fernando also said that even if Girtonia would be treated unfairly, he’ll side with you. His Highness Reinhardt is on your side too. So don’t worry.”

“Even His Highness Fernando said that?”

His Highness Fernando regrets that if he had been firmer, you wouldn’t have been subjected to unreasonable treatment.”

I had only met the first prince of Girtonia once.

When I went to greet him after becoming engaged to Julius. He didn’t open his heart to me.

But Mia opened the heart of that man and got him to seriously devote himself to the country’s restoration, so she possessed a power that I did not. As her sister, I was proud of her charm. And this girl who was loved by everyone even had the courage to drive the country’s second prince and her parents into prison.

Mia, you’re strong, and I’m relieved to have you as an ally. But we can’t cause Girtonia trouble.”

Sis! What are you saying!?”

You must not endanger Girtonia. This time, I have to show my strength. I’m truly happy for your feelings, but it’ll be fine.”

This time it’s my fight, not Mia’s. I can’t get her involved. If I had even half of Mia’s bravery, I’m sure I could resolve this… I must become stronger.

You fool, Sister Philia!”

“Wh―!?”

I want you to rely on me! When people scolded you, you still came to help me! A little sister doesn’t need a reason to help her big sister! I want to help you no matter what!”

I felt happy when Mia came over. Seeing her cheerful face gave me courage. But I couldn’t rely on her. Was it a small pride as her older sister? Or some other feeling…?

“Even Mother Hilda is worried about you, Sis, and she said she wants to help. We’re family! Please, I’m begging you, rely on me!”

Mia, I…”

As I watched my sister’s smile fade away, replaced by tears streaming down her cheeks, I lamented my heartlessness. I recalled being scolded by Emily before as well. I learned that there was no shame in relying on someone.

Mia was a special child to me. She admired me, even though we hadn’t seen each other for years in the past. She showed interest in me, someone whom no one else bothered to know.

Because she was so important to me, I had been unreasonably afraid of her getting hurt more than anyone else.

Miss Philia, why don’t you accept Miss Mia’s sincerity?”

Prince Oswald placed a hand on my shoulder and urged me to make use of Mia’s strength.

Making my little sister cry, I was a terrible sister. I felt ashamed of such a grand title of Great Saint. But if it is not too late, I would like to have a chance to repair our relationship.

Mia…”

Sis―Oh!”

I hugged Mia tightly and felt her warmth.

Warm… While we’re not related by blood, she’s my one and only irreplaceable little sister.

My sister rushed to my aid as soon as she heard I was in trouble. How could I not love her?

"Let me ask again. Mia, please help me!”

"Yeah, leave it to me. I’ll rush to you no matter what, be it through fire or water, for my big sister Philia! I’ll stand up to any opponent! Rely on me, Big Sister―No, Sis!”

My mischievously smiling sister looked truly the most beautiful and shining to me. Now that I think about it, Prince Oswald reminded me of someone when I first met him, and I had finally found the answer.

The two of them were similar. Boundlessly bright, and possessing stronger hearts than anyone. That was why being with them, I must have felt I was becoming stronger too.

With Prince Oswald and Mia, I had nothing to fear.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment