Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 105

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part Three, Section Four: “Vows of Love in a Foreign Land”

Chapter One Hundred and Five

"Mm, hmmm… Huh!?”

Waking up from what felt like a long sleep, I saw everyone looking at me worriedly.

Right, I had collapsed after using the Staff of Divine Shackling to put Hades back to sleep again.

Using divine magic power drained a significant amount of energy, especially since I had just used Spiritism Magic, so I suppose it was inevitable that I overexerted myself. It made me realize that I still have a lot to learn and improve upon.

"Miss Philia, are you alright?”

"Your Highness Oswald, I’m sorry for worrying you. As you can see, everything is all right. Please don’t make such a face.”

“Not all right. Honestly, I relied entirely on you until the end as always.”

Prince Oswald distorted his face in frustration, berating himself for being useless.

It was because he broke the cage to rescue me, brought the Staff of Divine Shackling to me, and supported me that no one suffered any harm. I was the one who was shamefully relied completely on the prince.

"Your Highness, please don’t blame yourself. I’m here thanks to you. Let us first rejoice that everyone is safe.”

"…Oh, you’re right. Miss Philia!”

"Eh? Ah! Your Highness?”

Before I realized it, Prince Oswald was hugging me tightly. It was the first time I had felt his strength so strongly since riding to rescue Mia.

No, at that time he was just making sure not to shake me off, so the meaning was different this time. I could faintly feel the prince’s warmth too, and somehow I felt my strength draining away.

"Thank goodness you’re safe! If I lost you, Miss Philia, I couldn’t have endured it! I’m so glad!”

"I’m sorry for worrying you.”

"It’s fine to worry me. Don’t apologize for that. Miss Philia, thank you for staying alive.”

I intended not to do anything reckless that could kill me, yet in the end this body of mine

The prince’s kind words made me unable to feel anything but gratitude that I was here like this now.

"And Miss Mia. Thank you for continuously using recovery magic on Miss Philia.”

"Oh, not at all. I barely did anything. It’s only natural for me to treat my sister.”

"You used recovery magic on me, Mia?”

"Yeah. I knew the physical exhaustion from the backlash of using divine magic power wouldn’t be easily treated, but I thought it might help a little. You were asleep for a whole day, so it might’ve been pointless, but I couldn’t just watch after all.”

It seemed Mia continuously cast Saintly Heal on me while I was unconscious. Even though I had collapsed for so long, the strangely light feeling in my body might be because Mia’s healing magic took effect later on.

"Thank you, Mia. You saved me. And you protected the Staff of Divine Shackling too. You were a great help.”

"Ahaha, well, I just really wanted to repay you for helping me, Sis. I finally got my wish.”

With a mischievous smile, she brought up how I had helped her when Girtonia was in a crisis before.

"As your little sister, I was able to help you out. We want to become sisters who can help each other like that, right?”

Even though we have different parents, Mia seemed to say we have an even deeper connection.

I agree with her. Because to me, Mia is…

"You’re my pride and joy, the best little sister in the world. I’m proud to be your big sister, Mia.”

"Yeah. You’re my biggest pride too, Sis!”

Affirming our bond, I also thanked my fortune for having her as a sister.

It looked like I had been expressing gratitude a lot lately…

"Alright. With this, you can go home. Considering your condition, it might be better to wait until tomorrow, but if you wish, I can take you back to Parnacota right away.”

"Ms. Elsa… does this mean I can…”

"Yes. Henry is imprisoned, and after an emergency election within the headquarters, Archbishop Orstra is chosen as the next Pope. You’ve been allowed to continue living as Parnacota’s saint.”

I’m relieved. This is what I worked hard for.

I’ was deeply moved to have achieved my goal. This meant I could return to Parnacota with everyone.

"I’m happy we can return, but to think you held an election… I’ve caused trouble for everyone at the headquarters.”

"That’s no trouble at all. Rather, since it was the headquarters that caused the scandal, they said they’ll grant any wish of you, Great Saint.”

"Any wish, you say?”

"Yes, anything within possibility.”

It seemed that, as a way of acknowledging their mistake, the headquarters of the Clamu Church were willing to grant me one favor. Normally, I try not to indulge in such offers, but today was a bit different. There was something of great concern to me.

"Um, may I then selfishly take you up on your offer?”

"Of course. Go ahead and say it without reservation.”

I had been thinking about returning to Parnacota as soon as possible, but I postponed my return until the night after I woke up. Here in this holy site, I felt my magic power replenishing as I meditate. It was understandable why many people wanted to train here.

"How is your physical condition?”

"I’m feeling much better now.”

With permission, Prince Oswald and I went up on the altar in the holy site.

We were waiting for someone here now. The night wind felt pleasantly cool.

Bathed in the moonlight, the prince and I chatted a bit.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. I keep my word, but as he is a criminal, his shackles cannot be removed, and he will be monitored.”

With his head down and shackled, Henry appeared. Yes, the one we were waiting for was him. Having lost his title of archbishop and locked up in prison, after just two days he looked thinner to me.

"Have you called me here to laugh at me, the loser? Philia Adenauer.”

"No, that is not the case. Ms. Elizabeth’s body you cryopreserved is here.”

"What of it? If you wish to return her to Parnacota, do as you please. You need no permission.”

When I spoke of Elizabeth’s body, light returned to Henry’s vacant eyes. No matter how deep in despair, his sister must hold a special place for him.

"No, that is not what I mean…!”

"…!? Th-That is the divine magic power. Don’t tell me, the Spiritism Magic!?”

Brother Henry. I can hear Brother Henry’s voice…!’

"E-Elizabeth!?”

I used the Spiritism Magic to call Elizabeth’s soul.

It seemed for Archbishop Henry, it all started when he somehow persuaded Prince Reinhardt to take her body to Dalbhat.

He had trained to try learning the resurrection magic by handling the divine magic power himself, but it didn’t come to fruition.

He had been about to give up, but got this idea on the day he received the will from the Pope, driven by both his hostility towards me and the desire to revive his sister Elizabeth, it seemed.

I’m sorry. Because I was so incompetent, I caused trouble for everyone.’

"You have nothing to apologize for. It’s Parnacota’s fault for forcing you when you were a saint.”

‘That’s not true!’

"Elizabeth…”

I didn’t know if she fully comprehended the situation, but Elizabeth was the first to apologize. Then, when Elizabeth rejected Henry’s words, he had a shocked expression with wide-open eyes.

I felt happy being able to think of my beloved country until the end. Please tell His Highness Reinhardt that I’m sorry. That the time I was able to love and devote myself to the kingdom of Parnacota together with him was proof that I lived. Please…’

"Even in death you say such words… Then what I did… Guh, uuuu…”

Henry wept speaking with Elizabeth.

I wanted to let them talk longer but this was my limit.

I sensed the consciousness of the one who called my soul fading. You are Ms. Philia, correct?’

"Yes, I work as Parnacota’s saint.”

‘I see. Please take care of the country for me…’

At the end, Elizabeth spoke to me.

I was at my limit. Like back then, my legs have given out, and Prince Oswald supported me.

"Wh-Why do you show mercy to me, Philia Adenauer? I tried to kill you.”

With a slightly shaking voice, Henry said he couldn’t believe my actions. I didn’t consider the reason much, but if I had to answer…

"I thought that perhaps I also took on Miss Elizabeth’s role to help you, Mr. Henry.”

"I… see. You really are strong. If it were now, I would sincerely think I want to see a world where someone as strong and kind as you became Pope.”

"I’ll take that as the highest praise.”

Henry weakly smiled at the end and was taken away. I could only imagine what feelings and thoughts he had from conversing with Elizabeth, but I wanted to believe the rain that had been pouring in his heart had finally stopped.

"Somehow, it all went by in the blink of an eye. I didn’t really contribute much this time, but in any case, I’m glad everything turned out well.”

"Yes, looking back it feels like we just came on vacation here. Oh, excuse me. That was insensitive of me.”

"Nothing insensitive about it. For a short time, but I also enjoyed living here with you, Miss Philia. It made me feel our married life would also be fun.”

I enjoyed my time in the kingdom of Dalbhat because I spent it all together with Prince Oswald.

Of course, I didn’t forget how much I missed Parnacota. I worked hard with the sole intention of returning to where I belong.

However, the memories here with the prince had also definitely become shining, precious treasures.

"Look, Your Highness. It’s a full moon. The air here is cleaner than anywhere on the Surface. The moonlight looks beautiful too.”

"Oh, you’re right. But you are no less beautiful, Miss Philia.”

"Come now, Your Highness. As skillful as ever.”

"No, flattery isn’t my forte. That’s why I decided to live true to myself.”

At some point, we had nestled close together gazing at the moon.

The prince’s blond hair glittered and showed a more fantastical radiance than usual bathed in the moonlight.

"Miss Philia. From now on, no matter what happens, I want to be together like this. For that, I’ll try anything.”

"I feel the same. Because you supported me back then, Your Highness, I clung to life.”

Holding hands, we affirmed our feelings for each other.

While we already knew and had confirmed countless times that we felt the same, I couldn’t stop that urge.

"Um, Your Highness Oswald.”

"Shouldn’t you drop the ‘Your Highness’ soon? I’m going to become your husband, Miss Philia.”

"Then I shall call you Mr. Oswald. Please call me Philia as well.”

"Alright, let’s do that. Philia…”

After that, we didn’t need words. Oswald gently stroked my hair, and we touched each other’s lips for the first time.

I trembled slightly. My heartbeat quickened, and along with not knowing what I should do, my strength faded and I was unable to muster any power.

But I realized that wasn’t an unpleasant sensation. It made me feel like I could entrust everything to him because I felt such reassurance.

Kissing under the moon in a foreign land made me feel that instant was eternity, and I, who knew nothing, was perplexed by my first time, but it taught me the preciousness of that moment.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment