Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 2

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Second chapter of the Saint is out.

Part One, Prologue Section

Chapter Two

“Well done, Philia. I used to think you were a dull girl with no charm, but now you seem to be strangely lovely.”

We never thought Parnacota would pay such a high price for someone like you. Most of it is thanks to our education, but you’ve also done well. With this, the Adenauer family is safe. We are now a part of the upper nobility.”

When I returned to the mansion from Prince Julius, my parents gave me a smile I had never seen before.

Perhaps, they were happier about me being sold at a high price to the neighboring country than when I got engaged to the prince.

Thirty percent of the amount received from Parnacota would go to our household. And it seemed that the Adenauers, who were just a lower-class noble family, would join the ranks of the upper-class nobility with my father becoming a Marquis.

On top of that, since Mia would replace me in the Royal Family, the prestige of the family would be greatly increased. It seems they were pleased by the transformation of their daughter, whom they didn’t consider particularly important, into wealth and a lofty position.

They didn’t mention a single word about the possibility of never seeing me again. At that moment, I fully understood that my parents had abandoned me completely.

I wanted you to love me, even if not as much as you love Mia. I had been working tirelessly for that one wish, but that small hope was… completely crushed now.

I assume His Highness mentioned it, but don’t tell Mia about this. She’s such a kind-hearted child. It would be pitiful for her to waste her life worrying about someone like you.”

If Mia married the prince, she would be happy. I would have gladly chosen to go to Parnacota if that was guaranteed. Saints played a key role in protecting a country by setting up barriers that weaken the power of demons.

I can’t help but worry that if there are more demons or some other unexpected disaster occurs in the future, it might increase the burden on Mia.

“Don’t underestimate Mia. She’s a real genius, unlike you, who can barely become competent through relentless studying. Don’t get carried away just because you’re overrated! Watch your mouth!”

“That’s right. Besides, the Royal Family has promised to help Saint Mia thoroughly. That girl, unlike you, has charisma. We can all unite to protect her. As a saint, she’s of a different caliber.”

They remained deaf when I voiced my concern.

I admit that Mia is a quick-witted genius and certainly has an attractive personality. However, considering the current situation, I can’t help but feel dangerous…

Well, if the country was willing to do everything in its power to help her, my worries might have been unnecessary. And it was clear that if I said something wrong, it would only lead to a mess. So, all I could do was quietly leave the country.

Mia… Please stay safe.

“What happened, Sister Philia? You look a little down.”

My sister Mia, who was for some reason reading in my room, peeked into my face and voiced her concern.

I can’t say aloud that I’m worried about you.

Seeing the angelic innocent expression on her face, I desperately swallowed my words.

“It is nothing. I was just lost in thought.”

I denied her words while stroking her silvery hair, the same as mine, which I considered a sign of sisterhood.

I’m sorry, Mia. I lied to you… But I’m really alright.

Sis, you can do anything, you’re the coolest sister in the world, and I love you more than anyone else in the world. So, don’t hold back. If you have any trouble, I will gladly help you.”

Mia hugged me from behind and spoke those kind words.

You were probably the only reason I was able to stay afloat. I’m truly grateful to you, my lovely sister.

She did not know that our parents subjected only me to a Spartan education. They understood that Mia would get angry if she found out, so they kept it a secret and also made me promise not to say anything.

But if she can feel that I am even a slightly good older sister to her, then I think that would be enough.

Farewell, my dearest sister. I love you so much. Please stay well and happy forever.

And so, without my sister’s knowledge, I quietly arrived at the kingdom of Parnacota as a new saint…

Since I had been bought, I prepared myself to be treated like a slave. I made a vow to myself to endure and survive.

However, life in the new country turned out to be a complete opposite of what she had envisioned.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

2 comments:

  1. Whew, though I already read the manga, I still hate her stupid parents and foolish her ex-fiancee. Hope Mia is really pure and kindhearted girls, and somehow she can be reunited again in peace and happy with Philia

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Thirty percent of the amount received from Parnacota would come to our household"
    Would'nt changing 'come' to 'go' make more sense in this context? Since the household would receive part of the payment instead of paying it.

    ReplyDelete