Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 44

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part One, Section Four: “The End And the Beginning”

Chapter Forty-four

I used the Saintly Heal, but… do you still have any pain, Mia…?”

I gently spoke to my little sister as she opened her eyes in my arms. Mia tearfully wrapped her arms around my shoulders with a strong grip and spoke to me in a choked-up voice.

“There’s… no way… Sis’s healing spell would fail to work… Sniff… I thought I’d never see you again. Philia, you’re… someone who always fulfills your saintly duties. I thought you’d never come here…”

She voiced her disbelief at my presence. Just as she had said, I, as a saint, would never do something like coming here.

But I am not a saint here. Right now, I am—

“Not as a saint… I came here as your sister, as Philia Adenauer, the only sister you have. I desperately wanted to help you, even if it was the wrong choice. Only for you, no matter what…”

I returned to my homeland because I was Mia’s sister. Just this once, I wanted to forget my position as a saint… and be just a sister.

I had thought I was completely free from selfishness. I had believed I could suppress all desires welling up from the depths of my heart.

But I couldn’t give up on her. I just couldn’t bring myself to discard her.

I’m sorry. I couldn’t be like you, SisGirtonia ended up in such awful shape. I’m truly sorry. I’m a failed saint…”

Mia apologized for the chaos brought by demons upon the kingdom. Certainly, the damage to the country was extensive. Even so, I didn’t think that Mia was unable to accomplish anything.

“No, without you we wouldn’t have cornered Julius into losing his power.”

I couldn’t take proactive actions beyond my saintly work. Even if I had had remained in Girtonia, it was likely no one would let me activate the Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle, leading to even greater damage.

“Thank you, Sis. But you don’t have to be so considerate. It’s impossible not to feel gloomy when looking at the current state of affairs.”

“That might be true. But, you know, broken things can be fixed. Mia, instead of dwelling on the past, it’s better to think about the future.”

Mia and I looked at our devastated homeland. Smoke was rising everywhere until the capital and buildings were in ruins. Reconstruction would surely take time. But much was saved too. That was why…

“At least we managed to avoid the worst.”

“Yes, you’re right. It’s thanks to your assistance, Your Highness Oswald.”

“No, no, as I said earlier, I didn’t do anything. It’s all thanks to your amazing abilities, Miss Philia.”

“That’s not the case. It’s because you encouraged me that I was able to come this far.”

It was Prince Oswald who gave me courage when I was hesitating. Without him, I probably wouldn’t have been able to act. Furthermore, if it weren’t for the Parnacota Knights, the damage would have been even more severe.

During my conversation with Prince Oswald, Mia, who had been silently observing the exchange, made an unexpected statement.

“Somehow it’s my first time seeing you, Sis, so friendly with a man… I’d never have thought you got a lover over there.”

““L-Lover?””

What was this girl misunderstanding? I didn’t deny that I hadn’t been close to men. I was even alienated by Prince Julius, who was my fiancé. But even so…

Mia, you shouldn’t say strange things. It might trouble His Highness Oswald.”

“No, it’s not trouble. It’s just that, considering my position, getting into such a relationship with Miss Philia, who is the saint, is a bit…”

“Hmm… I believe he’s way better than that foolish prince… But I’m glad you seem happy, Sis.”

Mia…”

Am I truly finding happiness in Parnacota? Certainly, I’ve met wonderful people and experienced peaceful days. However, I’ve been concerned about Mia lately…

I didn’t understand what happiness was. I had never really given it much thought before.

But this feeling of relief that Mia was alive—that at least was genuine…

PhiliaI didn’t expect you to come here. The simultaneous incapacitation of the demons… I had a suspicion, but…”

“—Master. It’s been a while.”

As we were discussing recent events with Mia, Hildegarde appeared and approached us. She, too, had a tired expression on her face. Surely, it must be because she had given her all for the sake of the country.

You seem to be in good spirits.”

Hildegarde approached me and gazed intently at my face before speaking softly. She had always been concerned about my well-being. She used to say that a saint’s health was crucial, and any illness was out of the question. It seemed her husband had passed away due to an epidemic, and that’s why such matters worried her.

Sis, Aunt Hilda cares deeply about you—”

Mia! There’s no need to say unnecessary things. Philia is starting a new life in a new country…”

When Mia attempted to say something, Hildegarde intervened to stop her. Mia had a very complicated expression on her face, but she didn’t say anything further. I wonder what she had intended to say… It piqued my curiosity.

Philia, there’s something important I need to tell youMia is going to become my adopted child.”

“Huh? Mia!? Will be yours adopted child, Master…?”

Hildegarde’s shocking statement swept away all my questions.

Mia becoming an adopted child… What could this mean?

I’m sorry, Philia. The truth is, our father and mother have been imprisoned. They’ve been accused as the masterminds behind the assassination attempt of His Highness Fernando. It’s a long story…”

The revelation from Mia about our parents’ imprisonment and their connection with Prince Julius left me pondering. If I had been more resolute… perhaps there could have been another path. How regrettable…

Miss Philia, it’s unfortunate about your parents. And I’m sure you’re concerned about Miss Mia, Miss Hildegarde, and the restoration of your homeland. So, if you wish, you can—”

I won’t return. I can’t leave the role of being the focal point of magic power to Grace forever. We also can’t continue sharing our magic power indefinitely.”

My magic power alone was sufficient to maintain the expanded magic circle. Grace would return to Bolmern as well. There was no chance for me to stay here any longer.

“Besides, I am no longer necessary in this country. There’s a competent saint here now.”

I put my arm around Mia’s shoulders and told Prince Oswald that there was someone who could replace me.

Philia, IsniffI’m still useless, but… I’ll definitely catch up to you! No, I’ll become an amazing saint who surpasses you! Sniff…”

I’ll also return to active duty and train Mia from scratch. I sense talent in her that’s even greater than yours, so I can’t be idle.”

Mia’s determination and Hildegarde’s return—hearing about these comforted me. It was hard to say goodbye, but let’s go back. To the Kingdom of Parnacota

I would return to Parnacota with the knights.

At that moment, I truly felt it. I had become the saint of my homeland’s neighboring country.

And would remain so henceforth…

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment