Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 35

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part One, Section Three: “And Then, the Sisters Sprang Into Action”

Chapter Thirty-five

“Haah, haah… Just a little more. I’ll do my best to be of help to you, Lady Philia…”

Grace was practicing the Magic Power Concentration Technique in the mansion’s garden. Having mastered the fundamentals of ancient spells, she was already on the verge of success, just one step away. At this rate, she should be able to fully master the technique by evening.

Now then, I must focus on my own important task…

Lady Philia, what have you been diligently writing with such focus?”

Grace noticed that I was writing a lengthy text on paper and approached me, asking what I was doing. This was the document she would need when she returned to her family. As for the content…

I’ve been observing your training, Ms. Grace, to compile the most effective methods for mastering ancient spellcraft. I’m summarizing this information so that it can be useful when you instruct your elder sisters later…”

Yes, I am writing about a more efficient training method of how Grace should be teaching.

I had been watching her training and summarizing the points that were easy to stumble on or misunderstand. It was to help everyone learn the technique faster.

If her sisters read this, they should be able to learn the technique faster than even Grace.

“May I take a look?”

Grace wanted to read the guidebook I had written. Of course, I intended for her to take this document with her and use it in her teaching, so I handed it over to her.

Have I managed to write it clearly and comprehensibly?

“Well, Lady Philia… Have you taught magic to someone before?”

“No, this is the first time I’m directly teaching someone. I’ve written a few books on the subject, though…”

“It’s incredibly easy to understand. You truly are amazing, Lady Philia!”

For some reason, she became quite excited as she read through the guidebook. If it was easy to read, then that was great, although her notably cheerful demeanor was a bit puzzling…

“With this in hand, even I feel like I could manage somehow. A guidebook personally written by Lady PhiliaI’ll treasure it as a family heirloom!”

“It’s not such a grand thing. But if it seems helpful, then I’m relieved.”

Watching her demeanor, I began to see a glimmer of hope that she might manage. Grace, after absorbing the contents of the guidebook, returned to her intensive training once again.

She was working with such earnestness… and enthusiasm. I couldn’t thank her enough.

“Is this training for that ‘Magic Power Concentration Technique’?”

In the midst of all this, Prince Reinhardt paid a visit to the mansion. It seemed Prince Oswald had informed him, as he appeared to be known about the Magic Power Concentration Technique.

“Yes. She’s just one step away from mastering it.”

I informed Prince Reinhardt of the progress. I wonder what he thinks of this plan because I had heard that he wasn’t particularly pleased with the dispatch of the Parnacota Knights

I thought it was a brilliant idea, Ms. Philia.”

I-I’m honored by your praise.”

While smiling, Prince Reinhardt praised the plan. He then turned his gaze towards Grace and continued speaking.

“There are no sacrifices on our side, and we can gain favors from other nations. There is no better course of action for a saint who wants the kingdom of Parnacota to prosper.”

I see, so Prince Reinhardt is offering his praise from the perspective of a ruler, isn’t he?

As I requested the help of Grace, the saint of the kingdom of Bolmern, I also carefully thought out the plan with a strategic mindset. What Prince Reinhardt stated goes to the heart of the matter.

“Watching Grace reminds me. The previous saint trained diligently like this as well. To protect Parnacota…”

Prince Reinhardt spoke nostalgically of the past, a boyish innocence flickering on his face.

So he makes such expressions too… I thought he was the serious type, constantly thinking about the country.

I was born with the destiny to make this country more prosperous. A saint is also someone who acts for the sake of a nation’s prosperity… Ms. Philia, you embody that more than anyone.”

His expression abruptly turned serious again, Prince Reinhardt looked my way and spoke those words.

I’m not sure if I’m truly embodying it, but it is my intent.

“Leaving your homeland… without even having the chance to accept the current situation… Yet, you continued to move forward as a saint. I admire you for that… The magic circle you activated showed me your determination.”

“As the current saint of Parnacota, I believe it’s only natural for me to act for the sake of this country.”

Of course, I had attachments to my homeland… and I was also worried about my sister.

However, when I questioned myself about what I should do, I realized that fulfilling my duty was the true path for me. That was why I decided to activate the Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle.

“That’s not something just anyone can do. It’s because of your strong heart that you’re capable of it. On that day, you solidified your determination in the church and used the spellI fell in love with the expression on your face at that moment.”

Your Highness Reinhardt…?”

“Perhaps I’ve unintentionally caused a misunderstanding, so I thought I should clarify it. I pursued marriage with you because you’re Ms. Philia. I never harbored any improper feelings about substituting someone with youI just wanted you to know that.”

Prince Reinhardt clearly stated the reasons for his proposal the other day.

No one had ever told me about affection so directly before, so I was not sure how to respond.

His feelings made me happy. There was no doubt about that… Yet, I

I’m currently in a situation where I can’t quite wrap my head around things. Your Highness’s feelings are truly heartwarming, and I understand that your words are sincere… but…”

I understand. Until the results of Ms. Grace’s efforts become clear… your heart won’t be at peace. I won’t rush you. Take your time thinking it over.”

Leaving behind those words, Prince Reinhardt departed from the estate. Why couldn’t I say anything clever? Perhaps I was simply taken aback by someone’s kindness… My heart was in turmoil.

Was this because I still lack training…?

And then, a few hours later, around the time when the evening glow started to become visible…

Lady Philia! H-how was it…?”

With an anxious expression, Grace leaned in to look at my face.

It’s alright. Don’t worry…

“Perfect. Thank you, Grace…”

I did it! Arnold! Lady Philia praised me!”

“Congratulations, Lady Grace. We have already prepared a carriage for your departure. It might feel a bit rushed, but it’s more convenient to head back earlier.”

Arnold had made preparations for Grace to head back to the kingdom of Bolmern right away. This was to ensure that she could return home immediately after learning the technique

“Of course, that’s okay! Lady Philia, I, GraceI pledge to return to this place once again. Please believe and wait for me.”

“Naturally, I believe in you. Ms. Grace, please take care…”

And so, Grace departed from this estate. Her success would shape the fate of this continent…

However, when I saw that radiant smile, as dazzling as the sun, I could no longer envision a future of failure.

It’s alright… She will succeed. I have complete confidence in her

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment