Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 17

Previous chapter Index Next chapter
Extra chapter today since it was my nephew's birthday yesterday :).

Part One, Section Two: “Crisis Over My Homeland

Chapter Seventeen

“Eh, eh, eh!? His Highness Reinhardt proposed to Lady Philia!!”

Lina’s face turned bright red, and she seemed even more surprised than I was. Well, I was indeed taken aback, but at the same time, a stronger question arose: “Why…?” I was born in a neighboring country and had no connection or ties to this nation. I was what you would call an outsider. Being the first prince of this country naturally meant he should be the heir to the throne. In other words, becoming engaged to Prince Reinhardt was almost like making a promise to become the future queen.

I couldn’t see any benefits in marrying a woman who was bought with money from the kingdom of Girtonia.

Your Highness Reinhardt, please don’t play around. Someone like me can’t marry you, isn’t it?”

I thought I was being teased. And I couldn’t understand why he came all the way here just for that…

I am not someone who would propose in jest or for amusement. I genuinely wish for you to become the future queen and be with me in this countryI am asking for your hand in marriage.”

However, Prince Reinhardt’s eyes were as serious as could be. His beautiful sapphire irises were clear, showing no hint of deception.

It seemed he was genuinely proposing to someone like me

It would be a lie to say that I was not delighted. I also comprehend the magnitude of this marvelous proposition. To believe that a prince from an entire kingdom would express his desire to take me as his wife…

However…

I am scared. The memories of my previous engagement keep haunting me… Of course, I do understand that His Highness Reinhardt is a different person from His Highness Julius.

I couldn’t be as lovely as Mia

I was dull, uninteresting, and lacked any charm, that was who I truly was. Prince Reinhardt had only met me a couple of times, so he was merely intrigued by the novelty of me

That was why I couldn’t help but think that if he knew the real me, he would surely lose interest…

“U-Um, Your HighnessI am not ready for an engagement yet…”

“Oh! I was so insensitive, wasn’t I? Proposing during such a crisis… Please don’t rush. I will patiently wait, so take your time to think and give me your answer.”

As I tried to insert my words of refusal, Prince Reinhardt smiled softly and asked me to take my time to think, saying he would wait for my answer.

Was he being considerate, not wanting to pressure me…?

“Well then, I shall take my leave. Ms. Lina, please take good care of Ms. Philia.”

“Yes, of course! I, Lina, am determined to protect Lady Philia even if it costs me my life!”

Prince Reinhardt bowed politely and departed from the estate with the soldiers who accompanied him.

Did he propose to me…? I still can’t believe it…

Lady Philiaa, please give me the bouquet. I’ll arrange it beautifully for you.”

Even after handing the bouquet to Lina, I absentmindedly watched the direction in which Prince Reinhardt had departed…

Oh…? The carriage has returned… Did His Highness forget something…?

“Has Brother Reinhardt not come here yet!?”

The one who came dashing in energetically was Prince Reinhardt’s younger brother, Second Prince Oswald. He seemed bothered by Prince Reinhardt not being here, so I reassured him that the prince just left.

“For real!? I missed him! That idiot brother said he will propose to you, Miss Philia, but is everything alright?”

I’m not sure if everything is alright, but he certainly did propose.”

"Looks like he was serious. That guy… What’s he thinking…”

Prince Oswald scratched his head looking exasperated.

He must be against his brother choosing someone like me as a marriage partner.

I’m sorry for causing you trouble when you’re adjusting to a new life. We must have inconvenienced you. Don’t hesitate to decline him if you want.”

“Huh?”

You came here reluctantly. That’s why I want to give you as much freedom as possible…”

Prince Oswald firmly grasped my shoulders and looked into my eyes as he spoke with a serious expression.

Since it was my first time having a man’s face so close, I was a little embarrassed.

“Ah, right. I almost forgot. I’ve been thinking about a new way to make fertilizer…”

“Is that so? May I have a look at it?”

He had a deep love for agriculture and was constantly engrossed in researching fertilizers, farming methods, and more. I also had some knowledge in this area, so from time to time, we started exchanging opinions about it like this…

"Speaking of which, I asked Leonardo, and he said your sister’s situation is quite difficult."

“Thank you for your concern.”

While I was giving my opinion on his fertilizer formula, he suddenly mentioned Mia. It seemed like he heard something from Leonardo.

“Even though it’s indirect, I think Parnacota has some responsibility too. I’ll try to negotiate for some form of assistance.”

“…Huh!?”

I was utterly taken aback by Prince Oswald’s offer. He always knew how to say the right things, dispelling the worries lingering in my heart. His sincere smile seemed to wash away my muddled emotions, leaving me feeling refreshed…

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the chapter and happy birthday to your nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first prince proposal was shocking and too sudden he didn't have much interactions unlike the 2nd - I wish the 2nd is the ml they great interactions so far

    ReplyDelete