Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 56

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part Two, Section One: “Saints And Devils”

Chapter Fifty-six

“So, you all also have an exorcist as a guard, Ms. Grace…?”

“Yes, a person named Klaus came to us. Currently, he excused himself to greet his senior.”

The Clamu Church headquarters also dispatched an exorcist to guard the Martilas family with its four saints, who helped supply magic power for the Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle. It was only natural since any trouble affecting one of the four would have an impact on the magic circle.

“Quite a free guard to step out like that.”

I thought the same. He seemed diligent, though…”

Mr. Klaus properly keeps an eye on us, so there’s no problem.”

““Huh?””

When Mia mentioned Klaus might be irresponsible, I denied it. As long as he was properly monitoring the situation here, it should be acceptable for him to move around a bit freely.

“Ohohoho! Both of you need more training. Look over there. Klaus has been on that hill the whole time, monitoring us while having a rendezvous with a lady.”

You mean that hill waaay over there?”

“If you look closely, you can see two figures, although I can’t tell if one of them is Mister Klaus or not.”

Emily pointed out Klaus’s location to the two of them. Mia and Grace squinted, focusing their gaze on the hill about five kilometers away. It seemed like neither of them could see very well.

“Rather than visually, sense the magic power. It’s an application of perceiving mana.”

“Well, that much should be expected of a saint. Ohohoho!”

Your elder sister has a funny personality.”

“For once we agree. The number one eccentric in Bolmern is my sister.”

The technique itself wasn’t that difficult. So, Mia and Grace should be able to do the same thing soon.

He’s repeatedly bowing to Elsa and talking about something. Is he asking about the one she guarded…? Asking about me?”

“Ehhh!? Sis, you can even tell what they’re talking about. Amazing.”

Furthermore, from reading Klaus’s lip movements, it looked like he was hearing about me from Elsa. Their hierarchy seemed quite solid.

You understand too, Sister Emily?”

“W-W-Well of course… is what I’d like to say but… Don’t think you’ve won yet, Philia Adenauer!”

“Please don’t make such an embarrassing display. It’s troubling for Lady Philia. It’s admirable not to put on airs, but…”

Emily looked annoyed while Grace reproached her. The two of them seemed to get along very well. I wonder if Mia and I also appeared to have such a good relationship.

“Well then, Miss Philia, we wish you success at the Saint Summit.”

The members of the Martilas family left in their carriage to the lodging provided by the Parnacota Royal Family. It looked like Klaus was also chasing after the carriage while getting kicked by Elsa.

Finally, the International Saints Conference.

I hope nothing happens…

◆ ◆ ◆

That night for some reason I couldn’t fall asleep. My chest felt restless and wouldn’t settle down. A vague unpleasant premonition was hindering my sleep.

’Finally found you…’

A familiar voice quietly echoes faintly by my bedside.

Th-The owner of this voice is… no way.

’What’s wrong, Philia Adenauer? My former fiancée. You’re looking at me as if you’ve seen a ghost.’

Julius!?”

’Call me Your Highness, Your Highness. Or even Your Majesty will do. Because I am going to become the king who rules over the entire continent!”

Before I knew it, there was a translucent figure in my room with the appearance of Julius.

Th-this is a ghost? No, I heard that Julius was possessed by a devil named Asmodeus.

It looked like he was remotely manipulating magic power to project Julius’s image.

I was wrong. There was no one in the entire world with a soul as beautiful as yours. Marry me and become mine. I will love you with all my might this time.’

“…”

Words that seemed far from Julius’s usual lines came out, and I involuntarily fell silent. Should I interpret this as a devil tempting me…? The only thing I could say for certain was that the intense malice I sensed from behind Julius was undeniable.

’Oh? You can sense my magic power. As expected of the reincarnation of Great Saint Fiana. Your power is incomparably insignificant, but you don’t seem to be a complete fool.’

“You are… Asmodeus?”

’Indeed! I am one of the rulers of the Demon Realm! Asmodeus! I’ve come to claim your soul!’

The translucent entity in Julius’s form introduced himself as Asmodeus and declared he had come for my soul. It seemed Elsa was right. A powerful devil was indeed targeting me.

I was hoping to see you tremble in fear, but I’ll save that for later. Come to me!’

The translucent entity reached out towards me.

“Exorcism magic—Anti-Evil Cannon!”

‘…’

Suddenly, the window glass shattered and Elsa jumped into the room, crossing two fingers of both hands to fire a huge swirling light.

The translucent entity disappeared without a sound, dissipating in an instant. This must be Elsa’s powers as an exorcist. However, a large hole had been left in the wall of my room.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment