Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 16

Previous chapter Index Next chapter
New chapter is out.

Part One, Section Two: “Crisis Over My Homeland

Chapter Sixteen

“…I see. Was Mia doing well?”

Five days after seeing Himari off, she safely delivered the letter addressed to my younger sister and returned. Now, it was time to make preparations for the last-minute effort… If she could persuade Prince Julius and other prominent figures to join and mobilize the entire country’s strength, they might be able to minimize the damage.

However, whether the prince would heed my advice was another matter…

“…It will be difficult, I suppose. It was indeed a good idea to suggest to Mia that she must present my opinion as her own.”

That was why I added this at the end of the letter: You should mention that you discovered the Demon Realm’s aproach on your own.” I thought it would be somewhat easier to get through than with my opinion.

And when I heard that Mia turned down Himari’s suggestion to run away… I became very anxious.

“Are you… concerned about Miss Mia?”

As if she could see right through my inner thoughts, Himari spoke up.

Of course, I was worried. She was in danger, and I couldn’t lend her any help…

You are quite skilled at discerning one’s inner turmoil. I thought I didn’t show it on my face…”

I’ve been spending all this time just observing your facial expressions. If you truly want to help your younger sister, there’s always the option of… kidnapping her.”

She suggested something outrageous without even twitching an eyebrow. Himari might be thinking about Mia’s feelings and safety in her own manner… but if we were to do something like that, my sister would probably end up holding a grudge against me.

We cannot crush her pride.

“Then, how about appointing her a bodyguard? I can protect Miss Mia discreetly, without being noticed. It seems that the soldiers of Girtonia might not be very reliable.”

Himari criticized the strength of Girtonia’s soldiers. Indeed, when compared to Parnacota, which boasted the world’s finest knights, Girtonia might fall short in the individual abilities of its warriors. Moreover, being a saint means being skilled in self-defense, so guards’ role was more akin to caregiving than just protecting.

“…Himari. It’s a kind offer, but why would you go to such lengths? I believe it’s beyond the scope of your duties…”

It puzzled me. The fact that she cared so deeply about Mia. One wouldn’t normally suggest secretly protecting a neighboring country’s saint.

You also work beyond the scope of a saint’s duties… I had four younger sisters and a younger brother. However, they were caught up in a feud between clans… and all of them died. That’s why… I don’t want you, My Liege, to suffer the same fate.”

Her jet-black eyes conveyed deep sorrow and compassion.

That was right. Making a choice that might lead to regret would be a mistake.

This was my selfishness. Even if Mia ended up resenting me, it didn’t matter.

II want Mia to live…

Ms. Himari, I have a favor to ask, counting on your skills. Could you please protect Mia? And if anything were to happen… please take her with you and escape.”

I disregarded the fact that I was a saint… and selfishly wished for Mia’s survival.

“As your command. I shall protect Miss Mia with all my might.”

“Please make sure to come back alive as well.”

“Is that an order?”

“…No. It’s a request.”

Upon hearing that, Himari silently vanished.

I slightly regretted making such an unreasonable demand.

What else can I do for Mia’s sake…?

“Excuse me, Lady Philia. You have a guest.”

“A guest?”

Upon hearing Lina’s voice, I turned around. It appeared we had a visitor, but I wonder who it was.

“U-Um… Why you…”

Ms. Philia, it’s been a while. Thanks to you, the kingdom of Parnacota once again enjoys peaceful days.”

Standing at the entrance and holding a bouquet of yellow freesias was His Highness Reinhardt, the first prince of Parnacota.

Last time we met during the formation of the “Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle”… What business did he have with me?

“Ah, it’s not so much a matter of business… It’s a request.”

“…A, a request?”

I had never imagined the first prince would ask me for something. I had no idea what it could be…

Lady Philia, would you be willing to become my wife…?”

“Huh…?”

As Prince Reinhardt handed me the bouquet, he suddenly proposed to me. It was so unexpected… and his natural way of proposing… I was taken aback and lost my voice for a moment.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

2 comments: