Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 5

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

The fifth chapter of the Saint is out. And this is final chapter for today. If you liked my translation and you want to help me with it, consider donating on Patreon or Ko-Fi.

It should be noted that since Patreon and Ko-Fi do not support CSS and JavaScript, I have no choice but to add a "fancy" version of chapters as an HTML file on those platforms (on Patreon in the attachment of the chapter, and on Ko-Fi in the link to google drive because Ko-Fi does not support attachments).

Part One, Section One: “The Saint of the kingdom of Parnacota

Chapter Five

“So, this is a map of this country…”

I opened the map of the kingdom of Parnacota. It was still dim outside—because the city was situated in a basin, sunrise seemed to be very late.

“What do you intend to do after looking at the map…?”

“Huh…? Um, I was planning to narrow down the points where there might be a gathering of demons… I have no intention of doing anything strange. Please rest assured.”

“I see, I see. To think you can understand so much just from the map. Truly befitting of Lady Philia, who is hailed as an extraordinary saint.”

I was startled when Leonardo, the butler with distinctive narrow eyes and black hair streaked with white, questioned why I was looking at the map. No one had ever shown interest in my saintly activities before. Yet, I quickly grasped his intention. He was keeping a close watch on me, ensuring he could report any strange actions from an outsider… Well, if that was the case, then I guess it was understandable.

“Excuse me. Lady Philia, I have brought some tea. I hope it helps you wake up…”

“Hmm? W-Wait, did I actually request tea…?”

“No, do you perhaps have something else in the morning…? P-Please, let me know!”

Lina, a 15-year-old maid with chestnut twin-tails, introduced herself without any prompting and brought black tea without being asked. When I questioned her about it, she nervously asked if I would prefer a different drink.

I was just surprised since no one had ever made tea for me before. I wonder why she did such a thing…

“T-Thank you. I’ll have the cup of tea. Ah, it’s hot and delicious…”

While savoring the hot tea, I examined the map. I wanted to see how many demon invasions I could prevent in a day… and how to improve efficiency… So, I calculated all that and made notes with a pen.

Then, I headed towards the gate, ready to leave the house.

Huh? Why are both Leonardo and Lina following me…?

“We are entrusted with taking care of every aspect of your life, Lady Philia.”

“Please allow us to support you even during work.”

So taking care of every aspect of life means something like that…? I never imagined I would be looked after the whole day… The fact that they would be troubled if the saint were to disappear might be a more serious issue than I had thought would be.

First, I arrived near the mountain located at the northernmost point of the country.

While heading there by carriage, I was able to finalize the recipe for the medicine that was effective against the spreading epidemic I was informed about yesterday and delivered it to a local pharmacist.

You can even make medicine, Lady Philia? It doesn’t seem like something typically included in the duties of a saint…”

“Huh? Is that so?”

“Oh, yes… Well, that’s what I heard, though.”

I was taught that the role of a saint is to eliminate various calamities that befall a country. Therefore, I am studying a wide range of subjects including medicine, pharmacology, agriculture, and architecture.

Now that I think about it, there was once a complaint stating that I was being meddlesome, as I continued to develop new medicines. Prince Julius even advised me not to interfere with the work of the country’s top pharmacist.

Some might say that was where I lacked charm…

“It seems like there’s a much larger demon nest than I initially thought. Please step back a bit…”

What I felt from the mountain at the very north was the presence of a vast number of demons… It had been on my mind since I entered this country, but seeing it up close, I now understood the severity of the situation. If we had been even slightly slower in handling it, demons would have flooded into the heart of the country.

Four… no, perhaps we need eight…

To build a sanctuary, it was necessary to surround the area with “Pillars of Sacred Light.”

The more pillars we add, the stronger the protective barrier we could activate. However, a single pillar requires about thirty minutes of prayer. In other words, it would take four hours to construct a barrier here.

I knelt down, clasping my hands together, and prayed. The clouds that had been covering the sky parted, and light poured down upon us.

“Wow! This is incredible! I never imagined the ‘Pillar of Light’ could be completed so quickly… It used to take ten hours to create just one by saints of previous generations.”

The butler, Leonardo, opened his eyes wide with astonishment.

“Indeed, it used to take a lot of time. My mother scolded me as being slow-witted, and I endured rigorous training of praying for three days and three nights continuously, gradually increasing my speed.”

And then, four hours later, the mountain surrounded by eight “Pillars of Light” was enveloped in a large, faint silvery glow.

“With this, demons inside the mountain area won’t be able to come out, and even if someone encounters them within the mountain, demons will be weakened and won’t pose any threat.”

After sealing the northernmost mountain, I approached Leonardo and Lina.

It has been a while since I have done eight pillars in a row, so I’m a little tired…

“Thank you for your hard work. So, let’s take the carriage to the mansion…”

“No, I will investigate the ecosystem of the demons inside this mountain. It will be beneficial for our future endeavors. After that, we will head to the mountain at the farthest west and create a similar barrier.”

We must hurry; the day will change soon. I wish I could be more efficient, but this is the best I can do with my clumsy self.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment