Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 65

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part Two, Section Two: “The International Saints Conference”

Chapter Sixty-five

Himari and Lina wielded short knives, Philip brandished his massive spear, and even Leonardo, with his new shoes, overwhelmed the intermediate-level devils with strength far surpassing that of ordinary individuals.

“Huh? They seem stronger than me, an exorcist… Are those the anti-devil weapons developed by Ms. Philia?”

It looked like Klaus was saved too. I was so glad that everyone came to help… However, Mia still hadn’t regained consciousness, and Elsa and Mammon were struggling. Asmodeus, who had been possessing Julius, kept increasing his magic power. At first, it was an even fight, but now it was turning into a completely one-sided onslaught.

“It doesn’t look good, Philia.”

“Yes, Master, it appears so. Julius’ magic power is far greater than we imagined. Even Ms. Elsa and Mammon are no match for him.”

Master Hildegarde came over to where Mia and I were. After assessing the situation, she realized we were in dire straits.

“Tch, you guys just keep getting in the way when I want alone time with Philia. You are indeed worthless humans, so annoying.”

Sister! Get down!”

Asmodeus…! What are you…!”

Julius expressionlessly raised his arm towards the sky, and a multitude of black arrows of light rained down. Except for the area around me, the black arrows pierced the entire surroundings, exploding one after another. Both Master and I were left in awe at this indiscriminate attack as if he intended to obliterate the entire capital.

No matter what, I have to prevent any further damage…

“Hmm? What’s this? Fufufu, Philia, are you mocking me?”

I extended chains of light toward Julius, attempting to restrain his movements. The chains coiled around him, binding his arms and legs. The spell itself wasn’t very effective. So I tried physically immobilizing him by maximizing the hardness of these chains of light with my magical power.

I don’t like being restrained. After all, when it comes to someone you love, it’s best to cherish them by taking away their freedom instead.”

“No way, without even using magic, just pure strength…!”

The chains snapped with a high-pitched sound. With strength unimaginable from his appearance, Julius easily tore through my chains of light that had never been damaged by any demon before.

Great Saint, back away!”

Lord! Being restrained by a woman you’ve fallen for isn’t so bad either!”

“Tch… so persistent…!”

Almost simultaneously with the chains being torn, Elsa and Mammon leaped up and charged at Julius again. Elsa’s falchion severed Julius’ right arm again, and he made an anguished expression. As expected of a professional who had undergone exorcist training. She didn’t miss the opportunity. She didn’t miss the opening when the chains were torn.

I should have wiped out all the exorcists 300 years ago. I lost interest in anything but Fiana. That was a mistake. I didn’t expect them to interfere with my romance this much. That can’t be helped, I’ll get a little serious now.”

H-His hands extended!? Kyaa!”

He’s cast away his human form! Ugh—!”

Not only did he instantly regenerate the severed arm, but Julius also extended his arms like a reptile’s tongue. He then grabbed Elsa’s leg and Mammon’s neck, smashing them carelessly into the ground.

Even those two lost consciousness. Mia’s complexion seems to be improving. I have to confront Julius myself

“Now now, wait. Philia, I don’t want to hurt your beautiful self. What if you get injured in a fight? Be a good girl and come with me. Come on, reach out to me. That way, you won’t have to go through any pain.”

As I absorbed the ambient mana and draped myself in myRobe of Light,” Julius, sensing it, urged me to stop fighting. It looked like he was worried about me getting hurt, but I couldn’t stay silent after seeing this carnage. Moreover, following him would only lead to further destruction.

I’m using the Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle, so I cannot leave this country. I will never accept your invitation.”

“Hmm. Full of determination, I see. This is troublesome… I really want to take you back just as you are. Ah, I have an idea. How about this? The former saint of Girtonia, HildegardePhilia’s aunt?”

M-Master, please dodge!”

“Wha…?”

Julius abruptly extended his arm towards Master. Then, he grabbed her arm and forcefully pulled her towards himself.

Why, why does he suddenly—

I want you to willingly submit to me and come along, Philia. I’ll take her as a hostage. My, it seems like she’s had quite an effect on you. I did remember she’s your teacher.”

Julius knew Hildegarde was my mentor. However, I hadn’t told him anything about what kind of training I received from her. Yet why was he talking as if he knew what kind of training Master put me through?

You look puzzled. I can read the memories of those I touch. Oh, Hildegarde, you have a secret you’re concealing from Philia, right? Is it okay to keep such an important matter from her?”

“No! Julius! Stop! I forbid you from saying unnecessary things! Ughh—!”

You’re noisy. Just stay quiet for a bit.”

Was Master hiding something from me? No, everyone must have things they couldn’t say. More importantly, I need to help her quickly. Julius is likely strangling her to threaten me. However, as long as she had value as a hostage, he shouldn’t kill her.

“If you care about your mother’s life, come with me, Philia. Swear to be with me forever…!”

“Wha?!”

W-What is he saying? M-Master Hildegarde, can’t be my mother. I mean, if that were true, Mia and I wouldn’t be sisters, and our father and mother would be…

This woman was robbed of her daughter by the people you think are your parents. For the sake of the family line… How pitiful. Humans do things just as fiendish as devils. It seems your sister knew.”

I was aware that the Adenauer main family would adopt a woman with the potential to become a saint if one wasn’t born into the family. However, for that to have been my case… No, to say that I was forcibly taken… It felt even more implausible. Everything I believed in seemed to be falling apart. I should have nurtured an unwavering spirit, but I found my body trembling.

Philia! Abandon me! I had abandoned you! A mother who abandons her daughter is not a real parent! You should only think about yourself and this country!”

Master told me to abandon her. At that moment, I was convinced that Julius’s words were true. Why else would Master deliberately phrase it in a way that would make me harbor resentment towards her? Hildegarde Adenauer was undoubtedly my mother.

However, contrary to Julius’s intentions… she didn’t want to serve as a hostage. Master always used to say, “If you’re a saint, prioritize the country above all else.” And that was why she was telling me to prioritize Parnacota over herself.

What she wanted to say was that risking my life for her meant my disqualification as a saint tasked with protecting this country.

‘Listen! Sometimes, humans need to make decisions with their hearts before getting bogged down in what’s right or wrong!’

The old me might have chosen a rational and less risky path.

But now, I want to prioritize what I want to accomplish!

Master, no, Hildegarde… our blood relation or being family didn’t matter. She was someone precious to me. She was the one who gave me the strength to live strongly until today.

Master, I will never abandon you!”

I shouted in a surprisingly loud voice and reached out my hand to Julius… no, to devil Asmodeus!

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment