Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 18

Previous chapter Index Next chapter
New chapter is out.

Part One, Section Two: “Crisis Over My Homeland

Chapter Eighteen (Mia’s POV)

“In other words, to protect the entire kingdom of Girtonia, we need to deploy significant forces at key locations and buy time for me to cast my barrier magic.”

I explained to Prince Julius about the Demon Realm’s approach and the potential consequences for the entire Girtonia, as well as further countermeasures. Following the advice from my sister to keep her name concealed, I conveyed the information to the prince as my own opinion the way she told me to.

Prince Julius sat deeply on the sofa, resting his chin on his hand, listening silently as I spoke. But when I finished, he stood up, wrapped his arm around my waist inappropriately, and opened his mouth.

“Seriously, you’re trying to imitate your sister’s flaws, aren’t you? Listen, politics are men’s job. Do you understand? Mobilizing soldiers and money for something that might happen once in centuries is foolish… I can’t do that. After all, it costs money.”

“With all due respect, Your Highness, when my sister was sent to Parnacota, a considerable sum of money was involved, or so I have heard.”

Prince Julius paid no heed to my words. Worse, he laughed and declared that women shouldn’t discuss politics. And he even told me that there was no money. So, I retorted by suggesting that there might be funds from when they sold Philia.

“Oh, well, we pretty much used most of it to create a massive golden statue of the Royal Family of our Girtonia for the upcoming Founding Festival. We might as well make a golden statue of you too someday. Wouldn’t that be delightful?”

This country really might collapse…

When His Majesty the King was in power, the politics were decent, but I never expected that things would become so foolish with Prince Julius holding the reins and squandering money like this.

And a statue of me is no joke…

Just selling Philia was unforgivable, and now the prince was using that money for such trivial and tasteless things…

Remember this. You will absolutely pay for it…

“Why are you trembling like that? Were you that happy…?”

This foolish prince, I’m trembling with anger at you… But this is troubling… Looks like it’s impossible to persuade this man. Is there no one… who can convince him…?

As I thought that, the door to the royal palace’s audience chamber opened… And a person who walked in was…

Mia, is it true that the Demon Realm is getting close?”

Fa-Father…?”

To my surprise, the king personally appeared and asked me about the Demon Realm. His Majesty was hardly ever seen in public because of his poor health… I wonder if he was okay.

“…It is true. If we don’t take action, the entire kingdom might be overrun by demons.”

“Don’t take a woman’s words seriously, Father…”

“Silence! There’s no one more knowledgeable about the state of demons in our kingdom than her! Not only did you arbitrarily send Philia away, but now you belittle Mia’s opinion too!”

The king angrily roared at his son, Prince Julius.

So, after all, Philia was really sold off solely at this man’s discretion.

Well, that was understandable, since the king constantly praised Philia for her achievements.

Father, I didn’t arbitrarily send Philia away. Seeing our neighbor’s plight… she…”

“Even so, it was your responsibility as her fiancé to stop herMia, tell me the details… Cough, cough…”

When the king asked me to explain in detail, he began to cough uncomfortably… and those attending him rushed to him.

“Is there any of the medicine Lady Philia created still available?”

“Just a little… I asked the apothecary, it seems he threw away the recipe.”

“But there’s no medicine more effective than that!”

Come to think of it, the king was also using the medicine developed by Philia.

The apothecary threw it away…? Could it be… his reason for sending Sis away… he wanted His Majesty to pass quickly, that sort of malicious intent…?

Cough, cough… Anyway, Julius, listen carefully to Mia’s story and respect her words. I command you as the king.”

“Yes, yes, whatever you say, Father…”

Upon receiving the king’s words, Prince Julius responded with an annoyed tone.

Still, I had hoped that the prince, who had received a royal order, would take some action. Well, perhaps I had expected too much…

He only pretended to take measures. Soldier numbers barely increased at all, and no matter how much I asked, he just laughed it off.

“Believe in the strength of our finest warriors in Girtonia, Mia. It’s no exaggeration to say where they guard is the safest place in the world.”

It seemed like Prince Julius genuinely believed what he was saying, not just making a joke or casual remark.

Fine then. If you’re that confident, I have an idea…

Your Highness… Even so, I’m still a little scared. Please, could you accompany me in tomorrow’s task… as my fiancé?”

I clung to Prince Julius’s arm and whispered charmingly in his ear. Touching his body voluntarily was humiliating, but I had no choice…

“Hahaha! You’re quite adorable. Consider it a simple task. I’ll show you that the site is secure!”

Prince Julius fell for my persuasion so easily, much too easily…

Your Highness, the duties of a saint aren’t as safe as you think. Allow me to teach you about that…

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment