Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 66

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part Two, Section Two: “The International Saints Conference”

Chapter Sixty-six

I reached my hand out to Asmodeus, who was floating in the air holding Master hostage. Even though she told me to abandon her for the sake of fulfilling my saintly duty, I couldn’t possibly forsake her, because she was as important to me as Mia.

“Fufufu, great. The barrier on the Surface may disappear and the parade of demons will resume, but don’t worry about it. In either case, there is only a future of ruin.”

Like before, he stretched out his right hand and grasped my hand. It was a chilly, cold hand that lacked the warmth of a human touch. It illustrated how the physical structure of devils differed from humans. But I had come to fully understand that structure from observing Mammon.

Yes, and how to break it.

“Gwaaaaaaaah!”

The moment Asmodeus grasped my hand, he writhed in agony and released Master. Although she fell from the air, thanks to regular training she landed safely.

From observing Mammon’s regeneration several times, I understood that devils circulate magic power through their bodies constantly in addition to blood. So, as a countermeasure against them, I had the idea of trying to temporarily halt the circulation by injecting my own magic power into a devil’s body.

Asmodeus protected himself with tremendous magic power, but I thought if I could touch him directly, I could inject my magic power into his body. I managed to achieve that because I was able to siphon off a bit of the magic power protecting his body in the same way as absorbing mana from nature.

According to my calculations, halting the circulation of magic power should make biological activity impossible, preventing regeneration, and stopping the heart would result in death, but…

Senior Elsa, get up! It’s our chance!”

“Tch, I’ve been awake for a while now. Does that Great Saint really think she knows more about devil bodies than I do?”

Klaus shook Elsa awake and urged her to deliver the final blow to Asmodeus.

Like he had been injected with poison, Asmodeus was desperately trying to prevent my magic power from circulating inside his body, somehow keeping it contained in his right arm.

Because of that, he was full of openings. This might be a once-in-a-lifetime chance to defeat him.

“Guaaaah! Philiaaaaaa! Why, why are you doing this? Even though I love you so much! That’s precisely why I came to get you!”

““…!?””

The moment Elsa and Klaus flew into the air, poised their weapons at his heart to pierce it—Asmodeus chopped off his right arm and scattered more black arrows around him.

This time, even more fiercely and indiscriminately.

He got even more energetic after slicing off his own arm! Senior! Let’s retreat!”

“Don’t say stupid things! The fact he didn’t instantly regenerate his arm means he can’t! We’ll never get another chance with that monster missing an arm!”

Elsa opted for a bold offensive. Perhaps, the reason for his inability to regenerate lied in the disruption of the magic circulation within his body caused by my magic power. And as Elsa pointed out, he might never give us another opening to touch his body carelessly again.

“You think if I had one arm, you can match me? Don’t be ridiculous! Pathetic humans!”

“Wooaah!”

“Urgh…!”

Nevertheless, Asmodeus was still the strong one. Both Klaus and Elsa were blown away from our proximity. Asmodeus was in an excited state, glaring at us with bloodshot eyes as he charged from the sky.

Raising his left hand, he was aiming… at Elsa!?

This was bad. That hand-chop was far sharper and more lethal than any steel sword.

Elsa was slammed hard into the ground and couldn’t move. At this rate, she would—

“Haa… Philia? Why are you there?”

Sa-Saint, why did you…?”

Before I realized it, I had shielded Elsa and taken Asmodeus’ hand-chop to my side.

It’s alright… The bleeding is bad, but if I hurry and use Saintly Heal, it should heal…

I concentrated my mind to cast the recovery spell…

“Tch, your body got injured. Well, I have a much better body prepared for you. One fitting for Fiana’s soul. I’ll have you sleep for a bit.”

With Asmodeus’ cold words, a sharp pain ran through my neck.

My consciousness… faded… into darkness…

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment