Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 34

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part One, Section Three: “And Then, the Sisters Sprang Into Action”

Chapter Thirty-four (Mia’s POV)

“…Phew. Finally done. The number of demons has escalated far beyond being just a little troublesome.”

Today, I once again visited the dangerously compromised areas where barriers had completely broken down. It was getting to the point where even Philia’s barriers were starting to weaken, and I had come to realize once again that the nation’s security was on the brink of collapse.

I was glad that Aunt Hilda had returned. I saw her barrier recently, and it was as sturdy as Philia’s. Sister probably knew about it, which was why she wrote a letter asking for Aunt’s return…

Still, it would only delay the onslaught of demons by a few days… But I must cherish this time…

Lady Mia, His Highness Julius has taken action. I didn’t expect the results of His Highness Fernando’s instigation would bear fruit so quickly.”

While I was erecting barriers, Pierre was slaughtering dozens of demons.

Honestly, up until recently, I found it quite annoying as my time was consumed protecting the guards for some reason. But since he arrived, it saved me a lot of time and effort.

So Prince Julius finally made a move. He wanted my parents to do something, I wonder if it was related…

“It seems that Marquis Adenauer and his wife have been tasked with organizing a large party. The second prince’s gathering many guests, saying nobles should unite in times like these.”

“A p-party!?”

I had no idea what kind of reasoning he was using. What was he thinking, casually holding a party at a time like this? And to top it off, forcing my parents to host it…

No, there must be a reason for him to start moving at this time. Knowing His Highness Julius, he’s definitely planning something outrageous.

“Were you aware, Lady Mia? Marquis Adenauer is the leader of the second prince’s faction.”

While pondering over that, I heard from Pierre that my father was at the heart of the second prince’s faction. Most of the nobility were aligned with Prince Julius, but there were quite a few who held a neutral stance. I didn’t know until recently that the father, who had been a lesser noble until recently, held such a position.

“Looks like Lady Philia’s situation and your engagement to His Highness Julius greatly contributed to this, allowing the Adenauers to gain a Marquis title.”

I immediately grasped why Pierre was telling me this. If the father had been serving as a loyal supporter of the second prince, then the purpose behind this party might be related to…

Pierre, by any chance is His Highness Fernando invited to the party too?”

You indeed have a sharp intuition. Most likely, your assumption is correct. His Highness Julius and Adenauer couple want to assasinate His Highness Fernando.”

As I thought.

So that was it after all. Prince Julius must have been quite rattled by Prince Fernando’s return. I didn’t expect him to plan an assassination so swiftly…

But it was truly shocking. To think that my parents would support such a despicable scheme at a time like this…

“Are you shocked, Lady Mia…?”

“Well, yes… They’re my parents after all. Pierre, why did you tell me this? Weren’t you worried something might slip out from me as their daughter?”

As the leader of the first prince’s faction, Pierre had spies among Prince Julius’s followers too… Nonetheless, I couldn’t help but feel it was somewhat imprudent to convey this information to me so directly.

“It was you who helped His Highness Fernando stand up. It’s unthinkable that you would lend a hand to an assassination plot. I can’t imagine you betraying us.”

You… trust me?”

“Of course. And I rely on you.”

With a refreshing smile on his face, Pierre made it clear that he trusted me. Well, of course, I wouldn’t ever consider letting Prince Fernando fall victim to an assassination plot.

“In addition, it seems they are utilizing the party’s preparations as a distraction… while also scheming to assassinate His Majesty the King.”

That man, I couldn’t believe that he would make a big move just for his position when the situation was so dire. I didn’t get it. I wonder what he planned to do as king in a country full of demons.

“Some towns and villages have become uninhabitable, and people are seeking refuge elsewhere. Nevertheless, obtaining absolute power remains His Highness Julius’s ultimate ambition. He seems to view this turmoil as an opportunity and is actually excited by it.”

I see. Since he had been fixated on it for so long, he couldn’t just change his approach now. It had become his way of life…

Prince Fernando had been thrown into trouble right after his recovery too… No, wait… If he couldn’t get out of this, then maybe it was best to just…

“If His Highness Fernando were to skip the party, wouldn’t that at least ensure his safety? Rather than blithely going into an obvious trap…”

That’s right. If it’s clear that it’s a trap, then not attending is a smart move. There’s no need to fall into the trap set by His Highness Julius.

“Some have offered that advice. However, His Highness Fernando murmured that he wanted to die as a human… and then he stood up. He said, ‘Since my dear brother is so kind as to attempt my assassination, it’s a golden opportunity to push him off.’”

He was resolved to do it… Prince Fernando intended to use himself as bait, to expose the assassination plot and bring Prince Julius down.

That’s why he provoked his brother so much. To make His Highness Julius want to kill him

I also informed His Majesty about the assassination plot… However, His Majesty seems to still have a desire to believe in His Highness JuliusHe said he would be cautious, though…”

Hmm… I get that a parent might want to believe in their child, but… it looks a bit naive. Especially considering that I heard he’s recovering with the medicine that Sis made.

Anyway, there was little time left until the deadline… I had to be resolved to imprison not just Prince Julius, but my parents too.

The party venue would be likely the last chance.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment