Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Forsaken Saintess and her Foodie Roadtrip in Another World, Chapter 30

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Chapter Thirty: A Heartwarming Reunion and the Void of the Future

A short distance from town, Mr. Ville and the others disembarked from the camping car and awoke the members of the Lucky Clover party.

Well, we can’t just drop people off from what seems like an empty space in front of the gatekeeper, right?

Ah, I’m still aboard the camping car concealing my presence, trailing behind by taking a side road at a leisurely pace. If a "porter" who was unseen during the battle and discussion suddenly appeared, it would only cause confusion.

"Teacher! Shion! Aida! You’re safe, I’m so relieved… so relieved!”

"Kent!”

"Keent!”

From beyond the main gate, the cat boyKent, upon seeing them, charged over at a speed too fast for the guards to stop him.

Wow! He really is fast!

With that momentum, Kent leaped towards them, his body caught in a joint embrace by the half-elf Aida and the tiger beastgirl Shion. Among the three, Kent appears the most mature, but beastkins seem to grow quickly, so age-wise he’s still just a child…

Well, how wonderful their closeness is…

Perhaps he was filled with worry and couldn’t stand it, but couldn’t wait outside due to the guards stopping him, so he paced back and forth, waiting anxiously until he caught sight of everyone’s presence, unable to contain himself and dashed out… that’s likely how he felt…

Seeing the children crying joyfully in their group hug is so heartwarming…

And the gentle look in Mr. Rayer’s eyes as he watches them…

It’s enough to move anyone too. Even Mr. Ed seems to be sniffling—is he a bit of a crybaby?

"Welcome back, Lucky Clover and Gourmands! We’re just relieved you’re all safe!”

Behind the Lucky Clover, celebrating each other’s safety, Ms. Sheila appeared in her apron dress with a slightly lisping but sweet voice.

She must have been waiting near the main gate as well. She holds a mysterious floating lantern emitting a faint bluish phosphorescence, either to light her feet as she is about to lead us to the guild, or as a marker so we don’t lose sight of her.

"I suppose the guild has already been informed?”

"Yes. The Guildmaster is waiting too! Though you must be tired, everyone please make your way to the guild.”

"Understood. We’ll prepare and follow after. First, please guide the Clover members.”

"Of course. Since we were originally planning to speak with Lucky Clover separately, please come when you’re ready.”

With a glance towards me, Mr. Ville’s words made Ms. Sheila smile and nod. She then waved the mysterious lantern and led the members of Lucky Clover towards the guild. After seeing them off, Mr. Ville knocked on the driver’s side window and guided me to a less visible spot.

You heard the conversation?”

“Yes. We’re heading to the guild, right?”

“Correct. However, since I spontaneously mentioned preparing first, going empty-handed would be… Should we bring those drop items from earlier…?”

“Got it. I have something suitable to wrap them in.”

It’s convenient to have furoshiki wrapping cloths, so I keep some tucked away. Specifically, a green one with an arabesque pattern. I bundle the fur and claws that are on the floor into the cloth, carrying it slung behind my neck. It gives a bit of a "returning from thievery" vibe… Well, in a broad sense, I do look like someone "carrying goods," right?

I then disembark from Campy, mingling with Mr. Ville and the rest while disabling my skill. The concealment keeps me in Campy from being seen, but I’d rather not risk bumping into anything while unseen.

The gate guards gave me looks like "Was she there before?" but compared to Mr. Ville, Mr. Ed, Mr. Xenon, and Ms. Aria, my considerably shorter stature seemed to make them dismiss it as "Must have just missed her.”

What is this unsettled feeling of being relieved yet frustrated at the same time…?

As usual, being led by Mr. Ville, I headed towards the guild, where Ms. Sheila greeted us with a smile.

“Welcome, Gourmands! The Guildmaster is waiting for you all in this room!”

“Oh. Right, Sheila. We’ll leave the drop items with you first. Until the reward is officially decided, we can’t keep them on hand.”

“Yes, I’ll keep them safe at the guild until then!”

With her pawed hand, Ms. Sheila pointed to a certain room, while Mr. Ville gestured towards the package I was carrying. As I approached, I handed the package to Ms. Sheila, who accepted it with a smile.

I see. Until the distribution of the reward is officially determined, we can’t really claim it as "ours," and there might be issues with keeping it in our possession.

Beyond the polished toffee-colored door is a burly bald… I mean, a sturdily-built uncle solidly plants on the sofa directly across from the entrance. With a rather deep cross-shaped scar on his right temple and a black eyepatch over his left eye, he definitely has an intense appearance. He looks like an ordinary human, but perhaps he belongs to a different race…?

"Yo, Ville. Thanks for the rescue mission!”

"I’m not a villain who’d leave someone to die.”

"True enough. First, as a Guildmaster, thank you for aiding our adventurers!”

"We’re all based in the same town, after all.”

"Indeed!”

Despite an appearance that makes you expect a hearty "Gahahah!" laugh, the Guildmaster surprisingly has a refreshing smile. Bald, muscular, with an eyepatch and scarred brow—an intense character. Yet he seems quite genial from this back-and-forth banter with Mr. Ville. The two must be quite familiar, it seems.

"Well then, let’s get right to it. I’ll brief you on the guild’s stance regarding the appearance of the fire bear.”

After sharing some laughs, the Guildmaster smoothed his head and settled back into the sofa with a more serious expression.

I wonder how this whole incident will be resolved… Unconsciously tense, I slowly release the fists I have been clenching and exhale softly.

The translator’s corner

Toffee… I want toffee! It’s one of my all-time favorite sweets. But the particular toffees I like are no longer in production, T_T.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

1 comment:

  1. Bro it'd always so tragic when they discontinue a thing you like, it's heartbreaking. There was a vanilla cream and caramel soft candy I adored but they are also gone 😭

    ReplyDelete