Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 79

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part Two, Section Four: “A Chain of Bonds Weaves Love”

Chapter Seventy-nine

As usual, I woke before dawn and trained in the garden.

Having settled things with Asmodeus and safely returned felt miraculous. The Saint Summit ended after just one day.

Although it was for a short time, the Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle was dispelled, leading to troubles in various countries. Glared at by Elsa, Mammon helped transport the saints of every nation back.

In the end, as her parting words, Elsa said, "We will never meet again," but who knows? Life was unpredictable, and there was always a chance we might cross paths again.

“So the magic power from yesterday was only temporary after all?”

I tried concentrating my magic power. As I thought, I couldn’t draw out the same level of power as when I defeated Asmodeus.

Although my reserves themself expanded slightly after temporarily containing an immense amount of magic power, it wasn’t as potent. Absorbing mana from nature into myself might allow me to exert more power than before. The experience back then left a strong impression on me. I probably couldn’t get close to Saint Fiana, but I would diligently strive onward relying on those memories.

“…You’re training too, Master?”

“Yes, since I resumed active duty… The flow of magic power is smoother than before. Proof I’ve been training daily without lapses.”

I can’t settle down without doing it daily now. It’s habitual.”

Master appeared last night. After various discussions, Mia returned to Girtonia alone first… She tactfully left so Master and I could talk. In the end, we didn’t really talk about anything last night.

I recalled the fact that Asmodeus declared. That Master was my real mother. How I felt upon hearing that. And Master’s expression back then. My inability to call her "Mother.”

“…There were countless chances to reveal the truth once I started mentoring you. Yet I remained silent all this time. I deeply apologize.”

Having finished meditating, Master apologized to me in a composed tone. The time Master and I spent together in Girtonia was quite long. Over half my saint training was dictated by her, and even after I attained the title, she continued instructing me until her retirement.

The training she imposed was grueling. I was driven to the brink of giving up countless times.

However, there was kindness within it. It gave me the confidence that I could endure any environment. Without Master’s training, I couldn’t have survived as a saint.

I heard the circumstances from Mia. It must have been a difficult tale for her to tell.”

Before I was born, Master was expelled and mistreated by the Adenauer main family. However, as no girl was born to the main family, my troubled grandfather forcibly took the newborn from Master to raise her as the main family’s child. That was the story I heard from Mia regarding my birth.

I learned so much from you, Master—not just about being a saint but also about how to live as a person. The reason I can be here like this now is all thanks to you.”

“Yet I was unable to provide a mother’s love that I should have given you—”

“But you did. Countless times over. I was happy to learn my most respected saint, my role model Hildegarde Adenauer, was my mother. This body, this power, my life, everything is a treasure to me. Knowing the one who gave me these treasures is my own mother fills me with immense joy.”

There were many times when I felt on the verge of giving up. Times I wept and grit my teeth to endure. Master taught me through her example to keep striving forward, never looking back.

No matter how agonizing the training, Master walked that path ahead of me. She was always there for me on my journey, ensuring I didn’t lose my way and encouraging me to maintain lofty goals.

The fact that such an admired figure was my mother brought nothing but joy.

I felt like I finally obtained something I had yearned for a long time.

You have already surpassed someone like me by a wide margin. It is a master’s wish for their disciple to exceed them. While I may not be able to fulfill the role of a mother, I had intended to teach you everything, but I can no longer do that. Philia, you are truly the ideal saint.”

Master declared that there was nothing more she could teach me. Indeed, she imparted everything, from technical skills like magic to aspects of the mind such as mental attitude. But it was just that. Master remained my ideal, a goal I wish to continue pursuing.

Besides, I still—

Master, no, Mother!”

“Wha-!? Oh, what’s with that formality? I-I’m in no position to act as your mother—”

Mother, there’s still something I want to know from you. It’s been on my mind since yesterday.”

“Something on your mind? You probably know most things by now. I don’t think there’s anything left for me to teach you.”

Knowing that Hildegarde Adenauer was my real mother allowed me to address the lingering curiosity. I couldn’t help but want to know. If I didn’t ask here, I felt I might never get the answer, so I gathered my courage to pose a question.

“About my real father. Could you tell me as much detail as possible about who he was, how you met, and such?”

“Ah, about your father? In as much detail as possible… is that what you want to know? Well, it might be an obvious question, but for some reason, it caught me off guard. Perhaps because you’re not usually one to ask such ordinary questions.”

Is it really that strange for me to ask about my own father? It’s amazing, to see such a surprised expression. Maybe she thinks I’m someone who always asks unusual questions.

Your father was a healer. His skills in treating injuries were remarkable. Unfortunately, he succumbed to an epidemic, but he cared about you until the very end.”

My father was a healer? My aptitude for recovery magic might have been inherited from him then. It was quite fascinating to hear he worried for me until his death. I wonder if he was a kind person. Or perhaps…

While I was happy to hear about my father, Master, I mean, Mother fell silent with a somewhat embarrassed expression.

“So… is that all?”

“All? What do you mean?”

I’m asking for details about when and where you met, how you got together, the course of your relationship, and finally marrying. I requested you explain thoroughly, in detail…”

I thought there was no way such a simple explanation would suffice, but it seemed that was her intention, as Mother was more flustered than I had ever seen her. Logically, it was unthinkable to wrap up the story about a father I haven’t seen since infancy with just this much information. Could my difficulty expressing myself be inherited from Mother, perhaps…?

You’re more assertive than I thought. I almost mistook you for Mia.”

“Did you tell Mia?”

That child doesn’t comprehend the word restraint.”

If you told Mia, then please share with me too. Any sort of trivial tale is fine. Stories like that will become another treasure as I walk through life.

“Very well, I’ll concede. From the beginning, I intended to do anything you wished.”

With a wry smile, Mother began to tell the story of how she met my father and fell in love. Before we knew it, the sun had risen, Lina brewed tea for us, and she joined the conversation. With her skillful questions that hit the heart of the matter, the conversation became lively.

“Does it suit your taste? I heard from Lady Philia that you enjoy fish dishes, so I put extra effort and heartfelt care into making this.”

"Mr. Leonardo, you are trying too hard. It’ll make everyone fat.”

"Worry not, Ms. Lina. Lady Philia has a monstrous appetite.”

"What? Lady Philia doesn’t eat that much.”

“Um, Himari, there is a technique to intake large amounts of food during training and convert it to energy—”

“Really? I have no idea there is such thing.”

Leonardo prepared a feast today, putting his skills on full display. He seemed unaware that Mia and Elsa had already left, resulting in a large surplus of ingredients, so there was a massive quantity of food.

Before I knew it, I had grown accustomed to the lively dining table. And also found meals enjoyable.

Philia, you’ve been blessed with good people. I worried when I heard you were sent to Parnacota, but I’m truly glad it was a needless concern.”

“Yes, I’m grateful to everyone every day. The fact that I can fulfill my saintly duties for this country is thanks to all of them.”

I echoed Mother’s words with my gratitude to Lina and the rest. I was finding happiness in little things every day. Encounters become the catalyst for new connections, creating a chain of bonds.

Today, hearing the story from Mother, I learned I was born from my parents’ love, obtaining yet another precious treasure…

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment