Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 64

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part Two, Section Two: “The International Saints Conference”

Chapter Sixty-four

At the very moment, we sensed Julius unleashing his magic power, a massive explosion occurred, causing the palace to partially collapse. We, the saints, were able to deploy a Shield of Light, protecting those within the conference room. Although the other saints, excluding me and Mia, were blown quite a distance away, I could still sense their magic powers, so everyone was safe.

The room was blown away by the explosion, leaving nothing but debris. If the evacuation of the people inside the castle had been even slightly delayed, it would have ended terribly.

I’m glad that everyone is safe. Is this the magic power of Asmodeus?”

I had heard from Elsa that there was once a being that nearly destroyed humanity. Seeing Mammon, I thought I understood the terror of the devil race to some extent.

But I have to say it surpasses my imagination.

Sis, look over there! That Julius bastard… He still has so many devils!”

Mia pointed to the sky and shouted. In that direction, Julius, commanding numerous devils, was floating in the air.

They were a size larger than the lesser devils from earlier, likely the intermediate-level devils Alice mentioned in her lecture. Intermediate-level devils were stronger and more intelligent than lesser devils, but even ordinary people could perceive them. Their strength was said to be over ten times that of regular humans, and even a saint needed to be cautious when attempting purification.

He aims to acquire me, the bearer of Lady Fiana’s soul, and to capture the possessors of magic power. It looks like he plans to accomplish both goals at the same time.

Philia! I’ll say it again! Come with me! I’ve prepared a perfect body for you! You were never loved by your parents and easily sold to this country! I think you’ve had a truly pitiful life! I’ll love you eternally! Whether it’s a hundred years or a thousand years! I’ll make sure you remain beautiful!”

While reaching his hand out to me, Julius shouts such things. The hand Elsa severed earlier had regenerated like a lizard’s tail. I knew from seeing Mammon, but a devil’s vitality was beyond human comprehension.

The body suited for me must be Saint Fiana’s body.

I didn’t understand his logic about living for hundreds or thousands of years, but I felt a boundless obsession from him.

I wanted to be loved by my parents.

I was surprised that his words brought back those feelings from that time.

But I didn’t think of myself as pitiful. I genuinely believed it was a good thing that I came to this country.

“That’s enough, you stupid prince! You’re the one who sold my sister, right!? I won’t allow any more selfishness in her country!”

The vixen, huh? Who do you think you won’t allow what? All you can do is hand over Philia. Just like your so-called parents once did. If you do that, I might consider sparing your life.”

Mia angrily spoke to Julius, but he demanded she hand me over.

Was he deliberately choosing provocative lines? Mia’s expression turned even more furious upon hearing his words.

“Hand over my sister? No way, even if it kills me!”

“Then die…”

“…!?”

It was instantaneous.

The moment I reached out to protect my little sister, she was no longer there… Mia was blown away and slammed into a pile of debris. Was this a compressed mass of air accelerated by magic power? And at a speed that Mia’s spell couldn’t defend in time.

Mia!”

I rushed to her side. If she was slammed with such force, it couldn’t end well. And just a few moments later, I realized my shallowness in turning my back to Julius.

You turned your back on me. Are you truly Fiana’s reincarnation? Such carelessness could cost you your life.”

At this rate, I’ll be done for.

The moment I thought about it—

Asmodeus, prepare yourself!”

“Apologies, but the evil one-man show ends here!”

Elsa swung her falchion at Julius’s neck, and Mammon extended sharp claws at his heart.

Last time, Elsa managed to sever Julius’ arm, but…

“Good grief, 400 years ago, and even now, you people are still annoying. Don’t think you can defeat me because I’m possessing this weak human.”

“”…!?””

This time, Julius gracefully soared even higher into the sky, evading the attacks from Elsa and Mammon.

Then, just like with Mia, he hurled a compressed mass of air at them… Elsa and Mammon were slammed into the ground.

With that, even those two will be—

“Tch, that hurt as expected. He won’t let me cut him that easily.”

“Well, he’s called one of the demon kings. So, it’s about time for me to pay my dues too.”

“Stop joking around. Let’s go.”

I thought it was a near-fatal blow, but both Elsa and Mammon suddenly got up and once again lunged at Julius.

Let’s leave Julius to them and focus on helping Mia.

Mia, hang in there! Saintly Heal!”

Fortunately, Mia didn’t seem to have any noticeable external injuries; she appeared to be merely unconscious. It looked like her regular training with Master enabled her to instinctively use magic power to defend herself, making her sturdier compared to ordinary people.

I focused my powers on healing Mia.

“Anyone who doesn’t want to die, aside from us exorcists, escape far away! We will exterminate the devils!”

Klaus, who had come here as the Martilas family guard, loudly ordered everyone besides exorcists to flee.

Yet in an instant, he was surrounded by the intermediate-level devils.

There were over ten. Could he handle them alone…?

“Gigigi! Gi! Gi!”

“W-Wait, I didn’t hear about this many opponents! Senior Elsa! Help me!”

My hands are full here! Can’t you see!?”

It didn’t look like something he could handle.

I wanted to keep using the Saintly Heal until Mia regained consciousness, but Master and the other saints were still far away, and I couldn’t leave him alone…

“Gigigigigi!”

“Ugh…! The numbers are just too much!”

Just as I tried to jump out and help him―

Lady Philia, keep healing Miss Mia.”

“Leave the devils to us!”

“Here I gooo! I’ll show you a cool maid’s moment!”

Lina, never let your guard down!”

Himari, Philip, followed by Lina and Leonardo, leaped out together from the rubble’s shadow.

And they had been using the weapons I gave them the other day…

“I-Impossible. Non-exorcists taking down intermediate-level devils one after another…”

“Gigyaaaaa!”

“Uoooooh! The one protecting Lady Philia is the captain of the Parnacota Knights! It’s Philip Delon!”

Equipped with weapons crafted for combating devils, Himari and the rest swiftly obliterated the intermediate-level devils. Particularly, Philip’s strength was formidable; he easily brought down vigorous devils with a single swing of his massive spear.

Besides the saint, this country had impressive guardians too…

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment