Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 74

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part Two, Section Three: “The World of Asmodeus

Chapter Seventy-four

The moment we tried to rescue the victims of the mysterious disappearances, Asmodeus appeared before us.

“Looks like you didn’t notice me approaching. I’m getting quite used to this body now. I can even conceal my magic power without any effort.”

Asmodeus remarked he could now subtly control Julius’ body enough to hide his tremendous magic power.

In other words, it would be reasonable to think that he had simply grown stronger compared to when he rampaged through the royal palace.

Philia, no, Fiana’s soul! Welcome! I’ve been waiting for our reunion for the past 400 years! Let us walk eternity together! I’ve prepared the finest body suited for you!”

As Asmodeus waved his hand over the coffin, the lid opened and a silver-haired woman with closed eyes floated up. I sensed no signs of life from her. At first, I thought she was a corpse, but on closer look, she seemed to be an exquisitely crafted doll far superior to those lined up along the hallway.

I went through quite a struggle to accurately replicate Fiana’s body. Peeking into the memories of devils who remembered her, dozens, hundreds, even thousands of times. I had the finest dollmaker working for about two hundred years.”

If the effort invested in someone corresponded to the magnitude of affection, then Asmodeus’s obsessive love might be immeasurable.

From the beginning, he never looked at me. He was chasing the image of Fiana within me, my soul.

“Now, let’s begin the ritual. First, I’ll transfer your soul to the new vessel and draw out Fiana’s engraved memories.”

“…”

“Don’t be afraid. Even if your personality is erased, you’ll gain eternal life. I will continue loving you forever.”

As Asmodeus spoke of transferring my soul into the doll, he reached a hand towards me. While eternal life seemed to be something pursued by every powerful person, it was far from what I desired.

“Could you please not ignore us?”

“We won’t let you lay a hand on Sister Philia!”

How many times had it been now? Elsa and Mammon put their bodies on the line to protect me. They gritted their teeth in desperation, despite being covered in wounds.

“Tch! Annoying! I’m holding back my power so Philia doesn’t get caught up in it, yet you act so cocky!”

““…!?””

Asmodeus, succumbing to anger, unleashed black lightning from his mouth. Julius’s body was gradually drawing closer to that of a devil. Elsa and Mammon were too slow to mount a defense.

In that case…

“Holy Shield!”

I protected Elsa and Mammon with a shield of light that can ward off the power of evil. Defense was the specialty of a saint, particularly when it came to the strength of barriers. I had quite a bit of confidence in their resilience.

The black lightning scattered and disappeared. Asmodeus glared at me, maybe because his pride took a blow.

“Hahaha, I failed because of you once again. It reminds me of the past. How you always got in my way and crushed my pride to dust.”

But soon, Asmodeus changed his expression and laughed joyfully.

If the three of us join forces, we might be able to turn this into a battle of endurance. And if we fight carefully and find a chance, we might turn the tide.

“Ah, well, using force doesn’t suit my nature. I want you to willingly offer your soul, Philia.”

Just as I was thinking that, Asmodeus shook his head and ceased his attack. What did he mean by wanting me to willingly offer my soul?

I thought about it when I saw you earlier. Philia, you are truly compassionate. You were willing to save your mother, Hildegarde, who had abandoned you, even if it meant taking my hand. At that moment, you must have been prepared for the possibility of getting caught.”

Indeed, it was a gamble whether infusing magic power would immobilize him. I couldn’t risk testing it out on Mammon after all. I wanted to help Master simply because that was how I sincerely felt, for no particular reason.

“This body retains many enjoyable memories about you. Hey Philia, do you feel like wanting to save these two?”

Two black holes appeared behind Asmodeus and a bound man and woman emerged from them.

Th-these two are… no way, something like this…

“Whe-where is this!? What is going on!? Philia!? What are you doing over there!?”

Philia, did you do this!? What are you planning to do to us!?”

Mother, Father…”

In front of me were my father, Georg Adenauer, and mother, Cornelia Adenauer. In other words, my parents who were supposed to be imprisoned in Girtonia. I never expected to reunite with them in such a way.

“Now then, let’s try the hostage strategy again. Though I’d also like to see you abandon your foster parents, Philia.”

“Abandon them…?”

“That’s right! These guys looked at you like an enemy and tormented you. Then, in the end, they happily sold you off to Parnacota, blinded by money and status! I won’t forgive anyone who hurt you like that! If you order me to kill them, I’ll gladly do it! Ahahahaha!”

While laughing, Asmodeus casually mentioned joyfully killing the hostages. He brought up the fact that I was sold and the harsh treatment I received. The point of taking hostages was normally to force compliance from someone who values the hostages, but for Asmodeus, this seemed more like entertainment.

“Now, what will you do!? From my perspective, it doesn’t matter. Whether I can easily obtain your soul or gain the joy of killing for your sake!”

Philia! Do you understand how your existence has cast us into the depths of misery!?”

“That’s right. If only you hadn’t been born, we could have still lived happily with Mia!”

I remember. I wanted to be loved by these two. My efforts to become a capable saint were also to gain recognition from my parents. But no matter how strong I became, it was never enough.

Great Saint! Abandon them! The Adenauers are criminals destined for the death penalty! You are a far too great person to serve as their substitute!”

“Oh, interesting suggestion, exorcist. By all means, feel free to do it.”

“Ah, is that so? Then pardon me for taking you up on the offer—”

To prevent me from making a heartless choice, Elsa prepared to stain her hands by pointing her falchion at my parents.

“Wait, please!”

“…!?”

I yelled for her to stop. Elsa lowered her readied falchion and looked at me.

I’m sorry. I don’t know what’s right or wrong. But I just can’t do it.

Asmodeus, I surrender. Please release those two.”

I raise both hands in a display of surrender.

I simply couldn’t bend my principles.

Abandoning those two was never an option for me.

“Hmm. An immediate response without hesitation. Unwavering strength of the heart. That too is characteristic of you, I must say, very much like you.”

I won’t resist. First, set my parents free.”

I demanded their safety be confirmed first. After all, Asmodeus said he wanted to kill them. If I were to accept the exchange conditions, it was only fair that I insisted on this.

I want to tell you not to get cocky, but fine. I’ll release one for starters. The other after you’re restrained so you don’t channel your magic power into me again. That would be annoying.”

Getting a little more cautious, are you?

Asmodeus released my father from confinement and tightly bound my body with a black rope. This rope was reinforced with magical fibers, incredibly sturdy. Escaping on my own would be impossible.

You can do as you please.”

“Nooo!”

As promised, he released Mother after Father.

They hurriedly left the room. Well, that was concerning in its own way, since there was no way for them to escape from here.

Fiana! The time to meet you has finally come! Let’s begin the ritual! Humans, focus your magic power on one point!”

The numerous cages in the room emitted a green glow that got absorbed into the doll floating over the coffin. The magic of about a hundred people was gradually drawn in, and with each absorption, the doll’s radiance intensified.

“Now then, it’s your turn, Philiayour soul!”

Great Saint! Why, why would you… for the likes of them!?”

Asmodeus slowly extended his arm towards my heart. I had heard that the soul resides deep within the chest, but what kind of sensation was it to have it extracted?

“It’s alright, Elsa. I always believed in him.”

““…!?””

“Uoooooh! I won’t let you lay a hand on Miss Philia!”

The moment I spoke to Elsa, Asmodeus’s arm was severed by Prince Oswald’s spear.

I won’t get to experience having my soul ripped out after all.

I believed all along. If Prince Oswald said he would come, then he definitely would.

I felt relieved in his arms.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment