Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 55

Previous chapter Index Next chapter
It's already Chapter 55, halfway through. Time flies fast.

Part Two, Section One: “Saints And Devils”

Chapter Fifty-five

“Well, I’m also studying ancient magic. But whenever I try to expand the magic circle, I just can’t seem to stabilize the magic power.”

I figured you would say that soon, Mia, so I made notes on my method. Sorry for the terrible diagrams. I should have drawn them better.”

“Um, should I add a witty remark like ‘I had a feeling you’d say that’ in response?”

It seemed Mia had been studying ancient magic in Girtonia on her own and she came to show me the results. She had become much better at incorporating “mana” into her body. I knew instability arises when the power grows, so I decided to give her the memo I had planned to hand over to her during the Summit.

“Also, can we trust that shady exorcist and the devil? Isn’t there something off about them? I mean, she is going around beheading and so on.”

Mia inquired about Elsa and Mammon, who were standing on the roof of the mansion. Were they really that suspicious? Well, they were rather eccentric, I suppose.

Ms. Elsa came here after the Pope officially contacted the Parnacota Royal Family. I believe we can trust them.”

“Hmm. But still, that foolish prince becoming a vessel for the devil? Asmodeus, was it? He should choose his hosts more wisely.”

“It seems that royal blood, by its very nature, tends to be potent. Coupled with the intensified malice from imprisonment, it made him an ideal candidate for possession.”

The story of Julius, the second prince of Girtonia, becoming a devil and targeting Fiana’s soul supposedly within me felt quite fateful. After selling me off to Parnacota, he then… brought our homeland to the brink of ruin, and Mia was the one who settled things with him. Perhaps now it was my turn to bring closure.

While Elsa mentioned that Asmodeus was a more powerful devil than Mammon and that battling him was strictly the job of an exorcist, I, a saint, couldn’t overlook him as a factor disturbing the prosperity of the kingdom.

You’re showing your bad habit again, Sis.”

“Bad habit…?”

You’re trying to take it all on yourself again, right? I can tell. I know what you are thinking just by looking at your face.”

Mia saw right through me and understood that I was thinking about fighting the devil. She was right. Rather than bearing it alone, it might be important to rely on someone. In the past, more than feeling lonely, doing everything alone felt natural, but now it was different.

I have many reliable people around me.

You are right, Mia. When I expanded the Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle, Ms. Grace and many others helped me. I feel like I’m not alone now.”

“Exactly. I’m a saint too, and Girtonia bears a significant responsibility for letting the foolish prince escape. I’ll fight too. This time, side by side with you, Sis.”

Mia spoke of fighting alongside me while stabilizing and deploying an ancient anti-evil magic circle. Standing side by side like this, it reminded me of the day when she, a novice saint, first joined me in duty.

On that day, too, you looked at my back and…

“Oh-ho-ho! What’s this? That feeble barrier of yours. Philia Adenauer, even though you’re using the Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle, your power seems much weaker than the rumors I’ve heard.”

With a hearty laugh, an unfamiliar woman entered the premises. Over there was… a carriage from Bolmern. And this woman with curly chestnut hair resembled Grace in some way.

Sister Emily! Why are you suddenly acting as usual!? Lady Philia and Ms. Mia are surprised, you know!”

Ms. Grace…”

“Ah, she is Grace’s older sister. Somehow, it makes sense.”

Grace stepped out of the carriage and greeted us. That person was Emily Martilas—the eldest of the Martilas sisters who assisted in expanding the Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle. According to Grace, she was the most talented and capable among the four of them.

Grace, did you see this? This feeble and small barrier. It seems your admired Philia Adenauer has become quite feeble.”

Sister, that’s Ms. Mia’s barrier. She’s Lady Philia’s younger sister, you know. Lady Philia is way more amazing, there’s no comparison. Please don’t equate someone like Ms. Mia with her.”

“Oh, so this quiet girl without an air of ambition is the Great Saint? I thought she’d be haughtier.”

“Rest assured there is no one haughtier than you in this country.”

Emily seemed to have mistaken me and Mia. Nevertheless, did I really appear so reserved and lacking in vigor? I do enjoy chatting, and I believe I possess a reasonable fighting spirit, but apparently, I gave a different impression.

Grace, just because you call me ‘someone like Mia’ doesn’t mean I’m weak. Even this is just practice to consistently exert power, so it’s not serious at all.”

“Oh, Ms. Mia. That was rude of me, sorry. Since you’re Lady Philia’s second disciple, I couldn’t help but wish you’d try a little harder.”

“It seems it’s time to settle this. I challenge you. A match!”

For some reason, Grace was fired up to oppose Mia, and Mia took a rather unfriendly attitude towards her as well.

I think the rivalry is wonderful, but I hope they don’t start fighting.

“Now, now, you two. Don’t raise your voice in someone else’s mansion. You must be the Great Saint. I am Oscar Martilas. Grace owes you greatly. It’s an honor to meet the most outstanding saint in history.”

The well-built man introduced himself as Oscar Martilas and extended his hand for a handshake. Was this the head of the Martilas family and the renowned Count Martilas, also known as the foremost sorcerer in the Kingdom of Bolmern? He was said to be a distinguished and formidable individual, matching a saint in the amount of magic power. I had wanted to meet him for a while, so I was moved to encounter him like this.

“Pleased to meet you, I’m Philia Adenauer. I’ve read all of your published magical theory books, Professor Martilas. It’s an honor.”

“Oh! You read the books I wrote? That’s truly delightful to hear.”

I shook Count Martilas’s hand in greeting.

Should I ask him to sign his books later? No, that would be rude…

Lady Philia, you knew about Father? Why didn’t you mention that until now?”

Professor Martilas is a well-known figure. It seemed natural to be aware of him, and I thought there was no need to mention it explicitly… Besides, explicitly stating that I’m a fan might have seemed a bit… inappropriate, so I refrained.”

I really don’t understand your standards for embarrassment, Sis…”

Members of the Martilas family came to greet us, making the atmosphere inside the mansion even livelier. Lately, I had felt that this liveliness was also something I could count as happiness. At the same time, I became more certain of why I was trying to protect the country as a saint… It gave me a conviction that I could become even stronger than yesterday.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment