Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Forsaken Saintess and her Foodie Roadtrip in Another World, Chapter 12

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Chapter Twelve: Alright! It’s Battle Time!

The world turns red.

Survival’s red warning frame dyes my vision.

Goosebumps run down all over my skin, my hair stands on end—that kind of sensation races through my brain. The sense of adventure has long since dissipated… the scent of death is so close…!

It’s not Survival but instinct that whispers to me.

Run if you don’t want to die…!

“―!”

“Calm down, Rin! They’re not that tough.”

“Haah…! …Wh… at… Ville… mon… sters…!”

I’m here… Rin. Don’t be scared.”

Does the fear of death I felt for the first time in my life override the effects of Survival? As I struggle wildly, the arm holding me squeezed tighter. With my throat so tense that I couldn’t utter a word, Mr. Ville’s large palm gently patted me, as if to soothe, drawing my attention. With that light stimulus, my suppressed breath escaped.

The warmth of another person, transmitted through the fabric, slowly melted my body and mind frozen in fear, and my stiffened body and thoughts began to move. The moment I felt my previously cramped lungs move, a quivering voice broke through my lips.

…Ahh! I wanted to stay composed…!

He probably judged that I was quite frightened, as the arm around my waist tightened further. Along with the deep yet soft voice by my ear, the increased contact brought back forgotten embarrassment.

My cheeks flushed hotly for an instant before immediately paling blue at the sight of the monsters again. I’m pretty restless here.

And above all, get it together, me!!! This sort of heart-pounding situation doesn’t suit my character!!! I’ll be a laughing stock again!!!

…But, I’ve calmed down a bit! It’s still scary, but I’ve settled enough to stand my ground!

When I look up at the grating, nerve-fraying cries, it’s like the monsters are mocking and enjoying my fear. To stand my ground and not be looked down upon, I glare at them while silently invoking Survival.

[Phantom Fowl (Edible: Delicious)

A bird-type monster living in mountainous regions. They move by hopping between low bushes and the ground.

They prefer sweet fruit and berries, giving their meat that fragrance and sweetness. Their eggs are also edible.

Aggressive and occasionally attack humans, but manageable if not in large flocks.]

I read it!

The description earlier was fragmented… No, I guess I only saw what caught my eye.

Reading it carefully is still scary, but better than before. It says “manageable”!

Well, I’m far from being an expert, but getting so worked up was a bad move! Fortunately, Mr. Ville protected me, but who knows what would have happened if I were alone… I should have stayed calm. I deeply regret it.

“…S-Sorry, Mr. VilleI’ve calmed down now…”

“Hm? You okay now?”

“Yes… sorry for the trouble…”

As my head cools down, this tightly embraced situation becomes extremely embarrassing. After all, I’m being held in a position where my face is pressed against Mr. Ville’s chest. This is… this is a bit much, isn’t it? It’s a harsh situation for an unpopular girl with the lowest romantic intelligence score, isn’t it?!

Trying to gently push away from the breastplate, I attempt to create some distance, but Mr. Ville’s arm remains firm. Far from it, he diverts his gaze from the monsters and peers into my face.

Seizing the opportunity, the monsters let out particularly loud cries and charged forward. I clearly hear my throat gulp.

But…

Still holding me in one arm… Moreover, without moving an inch from that spot, in an instant, Mr. Ville cut down the three monsters leaping at us. Along with blood, severed heads dance before my eyes, then instantly scatter into particles finer than mist, disappearing on the wind.

The threat… is gone…

A heavy thud echoes through the now tranquil forest. It’s because my knees lose their strength, and I crumble on the spot.

Seeing that, Mr. Ville hurriedly sheathed his sword and crouched to meet my gaze… Deep crimson eyes tinged with worry gazed steadily at me, entangling me.

“Come to think of it, this was your first time seeing monsters, and being attacked by them…”

MrVille… uuh…”

“It was scary, right? It’s okay now.”

“Hh…!”

The words I intended to reply to Mr. Ville, who smiled as if to reassure me, were suddenly drowned out by the explosion of emotions that surged up. My nose stung, and my throat tightened… I had resisted crying, telling myself not to, but once I realized it, I couldn’t stop.

Before I knew it, I was bawling uncontrollably in Mr. Ville’s arms. No matter how much I wiped, tears overflowed, soaking his breastplate.

Like soothing a child, his large hand gently strokes my back the whole time…

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

5 comments:

  1. Gosh I want to see this in the Manga so bad 😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chapter 4 of the manga

      Delete
    2. Did the English translation pick back up??

      Delete
    3. curently chapter 15

      Delete
    4. Ah it updated without me knowing! Thanks a bunch, tho tbh I was pretty disappointed with the Manga version of this 😭 still happy to see it drawn tho

      Delete