Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 59

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part Two, Section Two: “The International Saints Conference”

Chapter Fifty-nine

It was almost time for the Summit to begin. While I had been engaged in small talk with Prince Oswald, I was left behind by Mia and Master, so I hurriedly entered the conference room.

Lady Philia has entered!”

““Ooh!””

“…!?”

The moment I entered the conference room, applause erupted in unison, catching me off guard. Saints from Girtonia, Bolmern, Dalbhat, Alectron, Gyptia, Artsburg, and all the countries on this continent were present. Everyone, including the guards from each nation, rose and welcomed me with applause… The idea of such a gathering was unthinkable not too long ago.

However, considering the recent incident with Asmodeus appearing at my house, this gathering also carried some danger.

Those with magic power were scarce.

The magic power, the fuel for inducing supernatural phenomena called magic, was innate and distinguished those who possessed it from those who did not. This was heavily influenced by lineage, and families like the Adenauers and the Martilases had served as saints for generations because people with high magic powers tend to be born in them.

Saints were talented individuals with high magic power even among the already small number of magic power possessors. The gathering of such people was a rare occurrence, making it an exceptional event that stood out more than anything else.

While I wanted this meeting to be meaningful…

Ms. Philia! It’s an honor to meet you! I am from the kingdom of Gyptia…”

I’d heard of your accomplishments. In Artsburg…”

“It seems today’s star has arrived. Nice to meet you, I am from the kingdom of Alectron…”

While I know their names, countries like Bolmern with as many as four saints were rare, so basically saints could never be absent from their nations, and this was my first time meeting them all.

I never imagined they would welcome me so warmly. Fellow saints were striving to fulfill their duties under the same divine will. Rather than harboring vague anxiety, I decided to direct my awareness to making these wonderful encounters meaningful.

Sis, you are quite popular!”

Mia, don’t make fun of me.”

Before I knew it, I found myself appointed as the chairperson. Seated beside Mia, I began to take out prepared documents. Mia, with a carefree expression, watched me interacting with everyone and chuckled. Was it that strange…?

“Then for the first agenda, I suggest discussing the ‘mysterious disappearances’. Does anyone have any objections?”

Obviously, I made the first agenda concern the mysterious disappearances. It was a hot topic across the continent, and what we needed to be most vigilant about going forward. I judged it most urgent for everyone here to first share information and discuss countermeasures, and take precautions like self-defense.

Since there were no objections, I talked about the truth behind those incidents.

“The incidents where women with magical power vanish have been investigated by the headquarters of the Clamu Church. It has been determined that this phenomenon is caused by devils…”

When I mentioned devils, those who were unfamiliar with this story furrowed their brows. It was understandable. Even I, with confidence in having read a considerable amount of literature, was not aware of the existence of devils.

From this point on, I mainly relayed the information from Elsa. I told everyone that the incidents were a result of the approaching of the Demon Realm, and a very powerful devil named Asmodeus was gathering magic power for the resurrection of the Great Saint.

While I talked about exorcists and such, a blue-haired woman with short hair, seeming hesitant, raised her hand.

If I remember right, that person was from the Dalbhat.

I-I am serving as the saint in the kingdom of Dalbhat, Alice Isefel. I also hold the position of an e-exorcist at the church headquarters.”

The soft-spoken woman who made the announcement was Alice, a descendant of the previous Great Saint Fiana Isefel.

Asmodeus’s ultimate goal is you, Ms. Philia. Therefore, if you are not captured, those who have been taken should theoretically remain alive. So, we must gather our strength and protect you at all costs.”

She stated her view that as long as I was safe, those captured as a magic power supply should still be alive. Her logic made sense, and I felt I needed to be vigilant as well. However, having everyone burdened to protect me was…

“Okay, then I’ll protect Sister Philia. Mother Hilda, it’s fine if I stay in Parnacota?”

“I-I can’t lose to Ms. Mia either! I, Grace Martilas, swear on the Martilas family’s honor to protect Lady Philia!”

Mia and Grace stood up, declaring that they would protect me. I feel an extraordinary determination from them, almost intimidating. However, leaving their home countries unattended for an extended period would be problematic… right?

Sister Philia, don’t you think having me around would make you feel more secure? Don’t worry, I’ve overcome Mother Hilda’s inhumane training, so I have no weaknesses.”

Mia, watch what you say. Philia didn’t mention anything about it being inhumane.”

When Mia clearly stated her opinion of Master’s training, Master glared at her. I didn’t know if it was inhumane or not, but I thought that thanks to Master, I no longer felt pain or suffering. Even when Julius called off our engagement and I had to come to this country, although it was initially shocking, I was able to accept it quickly, likely due to the mental strengthening from the rigorous training.

“And I’m Lady Philia’s number one disciple. It’s only natural for a disciple to protect their teacher.”

“Um, please wait a moment. Mia, Grace, first consider your own countries. As saints, your top priority should be protecting your homeland. I’ll be fine.”

I advised Mia and Grace against staying in Parnacota. Putting one’s own country first was the fundamental stance of a saint. I couldn’t allow them to neglect their countries for my sake.

“Wait! Ms. Philia Adenauer! Your thinking is mistaken!”

M-Ms. Emily…?”

However, when I suggested that they should prioritize their own countries, Emily objected.

What does she mean? Did I say something strange…?

Ms. Mia and Grace both prioritize their own countries as well! They concluded that protecting you here with everyone directly contributed to protecting their own countries!”

“…”

The mastermind that is plunging this continent into terror is targeting you! So we should be prepared to strike together! You should think of yourself as on a large ship, and it’s our job to protect you!”

Snapping open a red fan, Emily insisted that protecting me leads to peace in their homelands.

Looks like I’ve become cowardly about relying on others again.

She was right.

I was not alone.

I was supported by many people.

While still not good at relying on others, I had come to want to depend on everyone.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment