Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 109

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Extra

Chapter One Hundred and Nine

Ever since I could remember, I had been told that I lacked charm and human kindness.

Yet fortunately, I met someone who accepted me for who I was, and I was blessed to be marrying him.

Right now, I was helping him with farm work. Today we were tilling the rugged land.

“Hey, Philia! Over here!”

“Yes, I’ll be right there.”

“As formal as ever, huh? Loosen up a little.”

My apologies. It’s just my nature.”

Seeing him laugh and say "Well, that’s okay" in response to me, my lips unconsciously loosened into a smile. That was because he was irreplaceable to me.

“But Philia, is this really okay? Lately, you’ve been helping me with nothing but farm work. If there’s anything else you want to do, just say so.”

“Please don’t worry. I enjoy working the land with you, Mr. Oswald.”

“I-is that so? You’re making me blush saying that.”

He turned away scratching his cheek.

Feeling the urge to approach him, I took a step forward. But then…

“Eek!”

Philia!”

Tripping on a rock, I stumbled and nearly fell face-first to the ground.

“Whoa, you okay? It’s rare to see you trip like that.”

Mr. OswaldI’m sorry. And thank you.”

Just as I saw the ground rushing toward me, he caught me in his arms.

It seemed I had made a blunder. I let my guard down on flat ground. With a mixture of embarrassment and joy, I expressed my gratitude.

“No need for thanks. I’m just relieved you’re unhurt. Hmm… so you tripped on this rock, huh?”

“Oh…”

He picked up the rock I had stumbled over. And I finally understood what had caused me to almost fall.

“Hey Philia, take a close look. Don’t you think there’s something desperately spreading its roots under where this rock lay?”

“Yes… It’s a very tenacious and noble plant. It’s surprising to see weeds growing even in a place like this.”

“ Yeah, that’s it. I want to try my best like this weed. To become a man fitting for you.”

True to his words, he always strived to better himself. Despite his status as a prince, he worked to become an even greater man worthy of being my future husband. I respected him for that. Yet at the same time, I couldn’t help but find his boldness so endearing… was that a sin?

You are amazing, Mr. Oswald. Despite being the second prince, you say you want to live like a weed. Not many could say something like that.”

You may be right. But I think you’re the amazing one, Philia. Enduring harsh training and continuing to exemplify what a saint should be. You’re truly a strong woman.”

I’m not strong at all. There have been times when I felt like I was about to break down…”

“Even so, you overcame those times and lived on. That’s just like the weed I aspire to be. No… that analogy is rude. Anyway, I respect you, Philia, and I’m attracted to your strength.”

Mr. Oswald…”

Warmth filled my heart. Meeting him and being able to marry him felt like a miracle.

I’ll become a man who you won’t be ashamed to stand next to.”

“And I want to become someone befitting as your wife.”

“A relationship where we elevate each other isn’t so bad.”

“Yes!”

We smiled holding each other’s hand.

Hardships and sorrow might yet await in the future.

But with Mr. Oswald at my side, I’m certain we can overcome them.

The words of Oswald wanting to live like a "weed" also carried such sentiments, and I understood that. I vowed to strive to become a person worthy of being his wife.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment