Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 8

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

New chapter of the Saint is out.

Part One, Section One: “The Saint of the kingdom of Parnacota

Chapter Eight

“And what happens when the Demon Realm gets closer?”

His Highness Oswald, the second prince of the kingdom of Parnacota, gathered experts from various fields as well as key figures involved in national governance and military affairs in the grand conference room of the Royal Palace. They discussed and consolidated preparations for the imminent situation of the Demon Realm’s approach.

I had brought my own research materials to the meeting to explain to the prince and everyone assembled in detail what kind of crisis was coming.

During my time in the kingdom of Girtonia, I had some proposals to help suppress the activities of demons. There were instances when I attempted to offer my advice, but ever since my father reprimanded me, saying, “It’s embarrassing for a woman to speak out so boldly,” I refrained from expressing my opinions openly.

That was why when the discussion about this meeting arose, I initially indicated my intention to only provide the materials to Prince Oswald and not participate.

Miss Philia, I want to hear your frank and unrestrained opinion as a saint. Please… lend us your strength for the sake of our country.’

When the prince heard my answer, he took the trouble to visit my residence in person late at night, bowed his head, and asked me to attend the meeting.

I had my doubts about whether it was appropriate for a prince of a nation to bow his head so easily, but with him going to such lengths, I couldn’t refuse to participate.

So now I found myself being asked for my opinion by the prince in front of everyone.

I don’t know the exact details, but it seems that 400 years ago, the number of demon nests suddenly increased by 10 to 20 times. The population significantly decreased, and some countries ceased to exist. At present… I have established sanctuaries through the ‘Pillars of Light,’ but if a large number of demon nests are formed within some, there is a potential risk of the sanctuary being breached.”

I spoke a little faster because of my nervousness, but still, I explained the events that occurred in the past and the potential risks that could happen in the future.

Of course, it was an uncertain story. It was an event that occurs on a large cycle of several hundred years, so there might be variations, and ultimately, nothing significant might happen.

“A tenfold increase in demon nests… That’s beyond the scale of a mere national crisis. We’ll have to allocate an enormous budget to national defense, at least for the time being.”

“However, as was mentioned before, our budget is already pretty tight this year… Wasting money based on uncertain information is a bit…”

Prince Oswald stated that he would allocate funds for countermeasures without being overly concerned about the budget. However, the Prime Minister, who was responsible for managing the domestic budget, appeared hesitant and expressed a desire to restrain expenditures.

The Prime Minister had a point. It was only appropriate to oppose the allocation of a large budget from the national treasury based on the opinion of an outsider like me.

“It is foolish. If nothing happens, it would be great. Instead of dwelling on what could have been done or how things could have been better, isn’t it more important to have no regrets? We’ll find the appropriate amount of money, and I’ll take responsibility. Let’s move in a direction that minimizes the potential damage as much as possible.”

The prince insisted that we should do our utmost to avoid regrets while hoping that nothing would happen.

How can he make such choices? He’s not afraid of criticism…? Even though he is royalty, there should be some consequences if the budget goes to waste.

“So, let’s temporarily increase the number of soldiers by this much… Miss Philia, will this be enough to handle the situation?”

Taking into account the opinions of key figures such as a Captain of the Parnacota Knights, Prince Oswald showed me a map of the deployment and number of personnel.

This is impressive… This much is more than enough even against a formidable army.

However…

“This is not enough. Many soldiers will be sacrificed.”

“That’s harsh. But it is our limit.”

Supposing some sanctuary would be breached, there was a high probability that demons would go on a rampage and quickly overpower any mediocre military force.

The Parnacota Knights were renowned worldwide for their exceptional swordsmanship skills, but even with their prowess, it would still be challenging to face a large number of demons.

His Highness Oswald… is an extraordinary individual who can exhibit leadership by prioritizing the security of the nation over personal interests. He is unlike anyone else I have met.

I was deeply concerned about Mia and also had some worries about my homeland, but now I was the saint of this kingdom.

If so, then prioritizing the safety of this kingdom should be my divine duty. That was why I would…

I have one idea. It would place a substantial burden on the knights and other soldiers, but there might be a solution.”

““What is it!?””

I had decided to give my all as a saint of this country.

Considering that Prince Julius and my parents harbor such a strong dislike towards me, it was highly unlikely that they would ask for my return. Therefore, let us devote all our strength to protecting Parnacota.

I still didn’t know if this decision was the right one, but like Prince Oswald, I chose to act in a way that I wouldn’t regret.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment