Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 3

Previous chapter Index Next chapter
The third chapter of the Saint is out.

Part One, Section One: “The Saint of the kingdom of Parnacota

Chapter Three

[Welcome! A grand, grand welcome to Lady Philia, the Saint!!]

“What is…?”

I took a horse-drawn carriage to the checkpoint, completed the immigration procedures and other formalities, then changed carriages and crossed the mountains… Finally, I arrived at the capital city of the kingdom of Parnacota, situated in a vast basin.

After that, when I was informed that I had my first task as a saint, I changed into a robe—my work attire—and entered the church. I was nervous about my first job in the new country.

And then, I saw that large sign hanging from the ceiling of the church.

Let’s check again. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.

[Welcome! A grand, grand welcome to Lady Philia, the Saint!!]

I guess it wasn’t a mistake after all… Um, what is the intention behind this…?

I was a saint bought with a lot of money and resources, so I thought I would immediately receive a request to deal with demons… but this was like…

“O Saintess Philia! I am so glad that you have come from the kingdom of Girtonia to save this Parnacota! I am Bishop Bjorn, the head of this church! If you encounter any difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact me.”

The middle-aged man with black hair, wearing glasses and a red festive pointy hat, seemed to be a bishop.

He made a deep bow in front of me with a friendly and warm smile on his face.

Behind him stood numerous individuals who seemed to be church officials, and a delicious-looking feast was laid out.

Are they planning to have a party…?

“That’s right. I organized a small welcome party for you, Lady Philia. Oh, and that cake was made by me, too. Come on, everyone has been eagerly awaiting your arrival. Please have a drink.”

Bishop Bjorn handed me a drink and prepared to make a toast.

Um, I came here because I was told I had a job to do…

Your job today is to attend the welcome party. If you are tired, we can wrap it up early, so please take this opportunity to build connections with your future colleagues. This is how it is.”

“Um, please raise your head. I-I’m sorry. It’s my first time attending a welcome party like this…”

I had attended a few parties, but it was my first time being the main focus of one. Because with the breaking of the engagement, the party to introduce the prince’s fiancée was also canceled.

Besides, I wasn’t good with parties. I wasn’t sociable, and I had no topics for conversation… I was an uninteresting woman, so I always felt out of place in such places…

Despite my feelings, the welcome party began. After Bishop Bjorn’s enthusiastic and passionate welcome speech, we proceeded with a standing buffet.

Um, in times like this, I used to go to a corner…

“Oh! How’s that salad? Tastes good, doesn’t it?”

As I was slowly nibbling on my salad, a handsome muscular man with beautiful blond hair approached me and started talking.

Is he affiliated with the church…?

“You know, I grew all these vegetables myself. Well, it didn’t rain this year, so I had a hard time.”

“Is that so…? If it’s just to increase the amount of rain, I can do it in a couple of days.”

You’re growing vegetables…? That means you’re a farmer, right? It seems it’s not just people from the church who are here.

I used to have a hard time controlling the weather, but after overcoming my training, I was able to manipulate it to some extent now.

I know it! Saints are amazing! Alright, starting tomorrow, I’m going to work with even more determination!”

“It seems you are having an enjoyable conversation, Your Highness Oswald.”

Huh, “Your Highness”…? What did you say, Bishop Bjorn? Don’t tell me that he is the Second Prince of the kingdom of Parnacota, His Highness Oswald?

“Yes, of course. I am counting on you, Saint Philia.”

Life in Parnacota, day one… I got an even bigger surprise than the surprise of the welcome party…

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Thank you so so much for translating this! This is the first time I've ever seen a translation site like this and I love it! I always forget what the characters look like after awhile so having it like this is so helpful. Feels like a video game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we read NORMAL TRANSLATION without fancy pictures and coloured fonts?! I want read novel!!! Not mangaversion!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the top of the chapter there is a slider "Fancy level" (to make it clearly visible, the site is specially made in a minimalistic form, even without ads), which can be set to 0. If you want an even "cleaner" version, go to patreon.

      Delete