Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 40

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part One, Section Four: “The End And the Beginning”

Chapter Forty (Mia’s POV)

“Uoooooh! Gah…! Gah…! C-call a doctor! Quickly! A doctor! I’ve eaten a poisonous mushroom!!”

Just moments ago, Julius had been boasting that there was no way poisonous mushrooms could be here, but now he was crying out embarrassingly, leading to a commotion among the other party guests.

My parents and other participants, with faces as white as a sheet, looked at each other and remained motionless.

“It’s retribution for trying to kill me. Why did you plot my assassination?”

“Shut up! You’re nothing but a useless shut-in! I should be king! It’s for the prosperity of the country! What’s wrong with removing obstacles!?”

Full of resentment, Prince Julius admitted that he had attempted to kill Prince Fernando. The surrounding nobles also became agitated upon learning of Prince Julius’s assassination plot.

“Well, isn’t this just the consequence of his own actions? He really tried to kill His Highness Fernando, didn’t he?”

“Indeed. I never thought His Highness Julius could be so thoughtless.”

“If anything, isn’t the death penalty fitting for such a scheme…?”

The neutral nobles collectively criticized Prince Julius. His face turned bright red upon hearing this.

“It is the consequence of my own actions!? You scoundrels, mocking me too! This man is a threat! Marquise Adenauer! Help me! Kill Fernando!”

Prince Julius lost his temper at the voices condemning him. He made an unreasonable request to my father, but the father only moved his mouth without responding.

Actually, it was about time someone took notice… Prince Julius seemed surprisingly energetic for someone who ate poisonous mushrooms.

Normally, one would have difficulty breathing and wouldn’t have the energy to talk. Well, there was no helping it. After all, we convinced him of that…

Your Highness, there’s no need to worry. You have not consumed any poisonous mushrooms.”

“…Mia? C-Come to think of it, it feels like the heat in my body has diminished…”

Prince Julius, as I spoke to him, became aware that his rising body temperature had subsided. It appeared he didn’t fully comprehend the situation. In that case, I would enlighten him

I raised your internal temperature slightly using a healing spell. Raising it by 2-3 degrees is enough to make you notice something abnormal with your body.”

“W-When did you… do that…”

“Did you forget? Among all the past saints, I am known to have the fastest spell activation speed. Using magic without anyone noticing is a piece of cake for me.”

Prince Julius’s expression when the revelation was made was a masterpiece. However, he simply stood there in dumbfounded silence, devoid of anger or sorrow, wearing a completely blank expression.

Your Highness JuliusYou are a heinous criminal who plotted the assassination of the Crown Prince Fernando. Under Girtonia law, I can officially declare the annulment of our engagement.”

“A-Annulment…? Y-You… Are you saying you want to betray me, the one you love!?”

As I conveyed the annulment of our engagement, Prince Julius clung to me and said gross things. Oh, how surprising… Did he actually believe I loved him…?

“How naive, Your Highness… That II would love a man who sold my beloved sister. Could you refrain from saying such disgusting things?”

Mia! T-This can’t be! Mia…! I love you…! I would become king of this country for you…”

Prince Julius slumped to the ground dejectedly. It seemed he finally understood his position…

Mia! What are you thinking?! Why to His Highness…!”

“That’s right, Mia… This isn’t like you at all. You never had eyes like that. Why on earth…!”

Apparently, my parents were shocked that I, who they thought an accessory, just brought Prince Julius to heel.

It’s quite natural, I suppose. After all, you two are going to—

“Let’s continue this conversation later. I’m afraid prison awaits you, Father, Mother.”

“What!?”

“What!?”

Of course, my parents would also be imprisoned. It might even lead to a death sentence. I knew this and yet, I set a trap for them. When people would hear about it, I might be seen as a notorious villainess.

While my parents were feeling dejected, Prince Julius suddenly stood up and burst into laughter.

“Fuhahahaha! You completely fooled me, Mia! But, it’s you who’s going to prison! You tried to trap me, after all!”

Your Highness Julius, please cease this disgraceful act. Many nobles have witnessed your misconduct. You cannot escape the consequences.”

“The fool here is you! I am a prince! The highest one here! I will crush all of your testimonies!”

No, His Highness Fernando is also a prince. That’s not going to work.

But what he feared the most was…

Just as I thought that a man dressed as a waiter stepped before Prince Julius.

“Cease further disgracing yourself, Julius!”

“Mind your tongue, old man! Know who you’re talking to!”

“Rather, you should know who you’re addressing! Have you forgotten this voice!? Disgraceful!”

The man removed his hat and false mustache… and at that moment, Prince Julius, who had been in high spirits, turned pale once again.

Yes, this man… had disguised himself and blended into the party.

““His Majesty the King!””

The venue once again fell into an uproar. It was because the very King of Girtonia, who had been bedridden, appeared in public…

Mia, your sister’s medicine is truly remarkable. Given that, the loss of her is immeasurable.”

Philia had completed a remedy that would completely cure the king’s illness. In other words, the king’s condition already improved significantly. Of course, it was still important to avoid any undue strain…

Upon his request… the king had been brought to the scene of the party like this. It seemed he wanted to assess Prince Julius with his own eyes.

“The blame falls heavily on me for allowing this complete fool to run rampant. I can’t believe you would attempt to harm Fernando…”

F-Father… It’s not what you think!”

Your Majesty! We have captured those who were attempting to cause chaos by targeting Your Majesty’s body double!”

While Prince Julius was trying to defend himself, one of the king’s close associates delivered a report to him. It seemed that, due to the sharp watchfulness of the king’s guards, they had managed to capture the assassins sent by Prince Julius. Upon learning this, Prince Julius appeared to have lost the ability to offer any excuses. He remained silent and even knelt…

“Imprison Julius, Marquis Adenauer and his wife, and all who cooperated in this disturbance, in the dungeon!”

““What!?””

The king’s unwavering composure left no room for questions. He must be enduring considerable hardship… but he was resolved to carry out his responsibilities.

Thus, Prince Julius suffered a complete downfall… He was unlikely to escape conviction now.

However, this is just a mere preparation. The demons’ might continues to grow even as we speak here…

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

1 comment: