Kiri just translating something.

Fancy level: 4 Font size: 100%

Support

Get some advanced chapters on Patreon

Release Schedule

3 chapters of Traveler per week: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Saint TOC

The Saint Whose Engagement Was Broken When She Became Too Perfect is Sold Off to a Neighboring Kingdom, Chapter 41

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Part One, Section Four: “The End And the Beginning”

Chapter Forty-one

I’ve received word from Himari that the Parnacota Knights have been granted permission to enter Girtonia. They are currently entering the country to eradicate demons…”

Prince Oswald, who appeared before me in the mansion’s garden while I awaited Grace’s return, informed me that the Parnacota Knights had finally entered the kingdom of Girtonia.

If only we could somehow buy more time… It was much more challenging than I expected…

“Looks like things took longer than expected. Most likely, there are hardly any intact barriers left in Girtonia…”

Indeed, as Prince Oswald had mentioned, the timing of our assault was significantly delayed compared to our initial expectations. No matter how hard Mia and Hildegarde had tried, with so few personnel to hold back demons, the barriers would only be pushed by their momentum and eventually broken—according to my calculations, a large number of demons had already broken through into Girtonia. The Parnacota Knights were undoubtedly reliable, but there were limits to what they could do to mitigate the damage.

In other words, the situation in the kingdom of Girtonia remained dire…

Ms. Philia, I’m sorry, but the time limit is short. Depending on the strength of the demons, I may issue an immediate retreat order to the knights.”

“Hey! Brother, you can’t be serious! We’ve put so much effort into this!”

Prince Reinhardt, who had come to see me earlier, mentioned that he was contemplating an immediate withdrawal of the knights. Prince Oswald objected, but Prince Reinhardt was reasonable.

He questioned me on the estimated amount of demons in the kingdom of Girtonia over time. I made my calculations and conveyed them to him, but at the same time, Prince Reinhardt had also on his own determined the extent to which the safety of the knights could be ensured and shared it with me. The Parnacota Knights could stay in Girtonia until early tomorrow morning.

The knights, alongside the saint, are essential to our national defense. I sympathize with the kingdom of Girtonia, and there might be an obligation to Ms. Philia’s sister. But it would be foolish to expose them to danger in another country’s crisis. Oswald, there is no room for objections.”

“Ugh… Don’t bring up logic! Especially when Miss Philia’s sister has put in so much effort!”

Prince Oswald refrained from further objections against Prince Reinhardt’s opinion. He must understand as well. It was wrong to sacrifice people like Philip

Ms. Philia, I’m sorry for giving you false hope. Allow me to apologize on behalf of my father…”

The king had said earlier that he would grant my wish and mobilized the knights for that. Prince Reinhardt probably apologized for not being able to protect my homeland

But I haven’t given up yet. There is still a short amount of time left until the retreat deadline.

If Grace could make it in time, everything should be resolved.

Right then, Lina ran towards us, shouting loudly.

Lady Philia! Lady G-Grace’s carriage is coming this way!”

Lina informed us about Grace’s arrival. I couldn’t believe the three of them already learned the Magic Power Concentration Technique… It was much earlier than I had anticipated…

“Welcome back, Ms. Grace.”

Lady Philia, as you instructed, we have been able to concentrate the magic power of the four of us through this magic stone as a medium.”

Grace approached us while wearing the necklace with the magic stone I had created. The ancient technique gathered the magic power of those who wore this necklace, and Grace’s three sisters in Bolmern also have the same one.

Ms. Grace, I truly can’t thank you enough… I’ve already erected the Pillar of Light in this garden, so everything is ready.”

“It’s a simple task. Now, Lady Philia…! Let’s combine our magic power and create the magic circle!”

Prompted by Grace, I swiftly concentrated their magic power into my necklace. I could feel the power steadily gathering from the faraway place in the kingdom of Bolmern

With this power, I could expand the Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle even further…

The ground shone with a golden light, and the power of nature gathered like never before.

Alright, let’s go—! Please, let this be a success…!

Lady Philia…! It’s amazing… You truly expanded the Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle…”

“I-Is that the truth? It’s not very clear just by looking at it.”

I could sense the anti-evil force extending towards the direction of Bolmern, so there’s no mistake.”

Grace had learned the ancient technique and seemed to be able to see the movement of “mana.” As she mentioned, the Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle did expand towards Bolmern.

But…

“Huff, huff… I-I apologize. I messed up… The transfer of magic power towards Girtonia didn’t go as smoothly as I thought… If only I could at least place my ‘Pillar of Light’ on the eastern side of Girtonia…”

Yes, I succeeded in expanding the range to only about half of the continent. The Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle hardly extended towards the direction of Girtonia and ended up stagnant, so I failed to save Mia and the others.

Is there no other way to save my homeland apart from going to Girtonia…?

“By the way, do the Grand Anti-Evil Magic Circle dissipate if you leave the capital, Miss Philia?”

“No, currently, I am connected with Ms. Grace, we sharing our magic power. If she takes over the central position, I can move freely.”

Yes, as long as Grace is using the Magic Power Concentration TechniqueI can go to Girtonia.

If I can move… I can rescue Mia

“Please go, Lady Philia! Leave this to me!”

“Oh! If you’re able to move, there’s no reason not to go!”

Grace and Prince Oswald urged me to return to my homeland. However, Prince Reinhardt interrupted them.

I can’t allow that. Ms. Philia, you understand, right? How perilous the situation is in the kingdom of Girtonia… For the saint of the kingdom of Parnacota to endanger herself over matters in another nation is unthinkable.”

Brother! What are you saying?! This way we can save Miss Philia’s little sister!”

Ms. Philia, you should be proud of your deeds as a saint. You must not go to the kingdom of Girtonia.”

That’s right. I knew it all along. What I was about to do now is an act that could be described as a disqualification of my role as the saint of Parnacota… As Prince Reinhardt has said, I should not take action in this situation… Mia, I’m sorry. I… to save you

Miss Philia! Don’t lie to yourself!”

Y-Your Highness Oswald…? Eek!”

Lady Philia is on His Highness Oswald’s horse…”

Prince Oswald mounted his horse, then scooped me up, and forcefully placed me in his arms.

W-What does he intend to do…?

My horse is the fastest in this country! With this, we can reach Girtonia in the shortest time!”

“W-Wait a moment… I… going to Girtonia… But considering my proper conduct as the saint of this country…”

That’s right. Going to Girtonia is not an appropriate action for a saint who must wish for the prosperity of the kingdom. Indulging in personal matters and acting as one pleases is not something that should be allowed.

“Listen! Sometimes, humans need to make decisions with their hearts before getting bogged down in what’s right or wrong! Miss Philia, place your hand on your chest! Then, say what you want to do!”

Prince Oswald yelled at me, urging me to decide what I wanted in my heart… But even if he said the “heart,” what should I do? I had always thought and made decisions with my head. As a saint, I had always considered what would be best for the country…

I place my hand on my chest… I feel the heartbeat…

What is my heart wish for…?

To save Mia. To save her no matter what…

It was pouring forth. From within my chest, something hot was surging, one after another…

“…I want to save Mia… no matter what! I don’t care what happens to me! I want to save my sister…”

I found myself uttering words that were far from appropriate for a saint. Something warm trickled down my cheeks from my eyes. I had never experienced something like this before. The scene before me had been blurred, and I couldn’t see anything clearly…

“Understood! Your honest emotions have come across clearly, Miss Philia! Hold on firmly! I’ll get you there!”

Prince Oswald’s horse raced at incredible speed towards the kingdom of Girtonia.

Mia, wait for me. I will save you… no matter what.

Previous chapter Index Next chapter

Characters so far

To view the Characters, please enable JavaScript.

Glossary

To view the Glossary, please enable JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment